Sacred: Dev Website, Screens & Preview @ GameUp
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Sacred: Dev Website, Screens & Preview @ GameUp

German <a href="http://www.ascaron.com" target="_blank">Ascaron Entertainment</a> has updated its website with new links to 'Sacred' related stuff: <br> <br>1) The developers have opened up their own <a href="http://www.sacred-game.de/site.html" target="_blank">website</a> to promote Sacred. <br> <br>2) Five <a href="http://www.ascaron.biz/d/sacred/index_screenshots.html" target="_blank">new screenshots</a> can be found at Ascaron's site (bottom of the linked page). <br> <br>3) And there is a <a href="http://www.gameup.de/index.php?show=special&action=dt&titelid=184" target="_blank">preview</a> (German) at GameUp. <br> <br>All in all, it looks like 'Sacred' is really shaping up nicely. Check it out...
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:51 am
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

I was really interested in this one, so much so that I had a look at the preview despite having forgotten most of my GCSE German serveral years ago. However, the German for "Diablo 2" appears to be the same as English, which roughly translates into my language 'as avoid this action "RPG"'. How dissappointing.
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:56 am
Garrett

who is the developer actually? I thought Ascaron is the new developer after Armalion died...
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:39 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Good question . The dev website does not contain any info regarding the devs. The contact page holds the addresses of Ascaron only.
My best guess is that Sacred is being internally developped at Ascaron with the former 'Armalion' team employed as freelancers.
It looks like the dev website is maintained by former Ikarion staff members. NoXQs who is forum admin of the dev site's forums also used to be forum admin at Ikarion.
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:14 pm
prY

quote:
Originally posted by Moriendor
Good question . The dev website does not contain any info regarding the devs. The contact page holds the addresses of Ascaron only.
My best guess is that Sacred is being internally developped at Ascaron with the former 'Armalion' team employed as freelancers.
It looks like the dev website is maintained by former Ikarion staff members. NoXQs who is forum admin of the dev site's forums also used to be forum admin at Ikarion.

The game is developed by a new team at ASCARON. The team consists of former teammebers of Ikarion and several other programmers - the team hasnīt got a name yet.
The game itself is some kind of recreation of Armalion. It uses about 30% of Armalion but the whole gameplay is new only some graphics may look like Armalion and of course most of the characters.
In the game you will be able to have your own horse (of course it can die) and the world will be huge. There are Masters who train you can combine your special moves into a line of quick attacks. You will be able to improve your weapons or give them some extras by putting some juwels on them. Spells and Special Moves can only be found on scrolls or in books and every building can be explored. The animations are very detailed and you can see everything your character wears; also the healthy of your character can be seen in game by some scars or something like that. Magical or Unique Items can also be found in the world of ancaria. but be careful there are mighty dragons out there +g+
There will be some kind of battle.net so you have a lot of fun in multiplayer where you can fight together through the single campaign or fight against each other.

So far thatīs almost everything known about the game. Hope you can understand it īcause my english isnīt that good.

Greetings
prY alias Armin Schmidt
Post Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:49 pm