Those with Geforce 3
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Shewter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey all,
Dont know if this has been addressed yet but..... here goes.
was having the same probs as most with the geforce 3 card...(shadow probs..effects and such).Was running the 21.83 drivers...went back to the 21.81 drivers ...and it seemed a little better had the effects (ie torches and spells)sometimes.So for shits and giggles went back to the old 12.41 drivers,and it worked..everything is back torches effects and spells.
well hope this helps and if there is something else I can do ...Please....lemme know ...thanks
Dave
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 12:40 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

The advice is a good one, but not for me. For some strange reason, the 12.41 doesn't support my GeForce 3 Ti 200 - in XP it doesn't work

Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 12:48 am
Shewter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yea..
I shoulda mentioned I'm running win 98
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 12:57 am
Zan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

When I use 2181 and 2183 I lose the torch effects.The torches seem to be strobing or there is no flame at all.When I use 2141 the torches have a flame and look good.When using 2141 items in the inventories while trading disappear. win98

[ This Message was edited by: Zan on 2001-11-28 15:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Zan on 2001-11-28 15:08 ]
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:40 am
MaD_TaFFeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey all, I am new to this board...so welcome me.

I recently bought a Visiontek Xtasy Geforce 3 Ti200, and I am having the fire animations, shadow glitches as well. The flames will actually show up, but you have to tilt the camera angle to a diagonal view to see them...obviously you can't play the game this way the entire time.

I am using the drivers that came with my card, and I don't know where to get older drivers from. Could someone help me with this? Also, will using older drivers effect other games I have significantly?

Thanks again
MT

Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 8:42 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

There are rumors that the 23.10 drivers fix this. They are at least far more stable than the 21. and 22. versions I ran on XP.

BTW, there is a confirmed bug in XP that makes a lot (!) of BIOS unstable with games unsing open GL. VIA is already working on a patch for their boards...
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 8:48 pm
Zan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

[quote]
On 2001-11-29 14:48, Rendelius wrote:
There are rumors that the 23.10 drivers fix this. They are at least far more stable than the 21. and 22. versions I ran on XP.

Where can I find these 2310 drivers?
Post Thu Nov 29, 2001 9:29 pm

I, as well, have a GeForce3 Ti200 and the 2310 drivers do not work with gothic. It runs the intro piranah bytes animation then the screen goes black, but I can hear music. I tried several other driver sets as well, and the only ones that actually run it up to the point of the main menu are the 2183 drivers which cause the terrible shadow flickering. I also can't revert to the 12.x drivers because they don't recognize my Ti200.

System:

PIII 1ghz
768 megs ram
GeForce3 Ti200
Win98SE
Post Fri Nov 30, 2001 5:08 am

I too am running into this issue with my GeForce Ti200 with 21.81 drivers. So, I tried some expiremented with some of the drivers.

With 12.41 flames looked great and were always visible. However, icons would not display in my inventory for items. This made it too hard to determine if and what I had.

With 22.80 drivers. Flames looked great, but would run into huge slow downs in frame rate on a fairly regular basis. Rats!

With 22.50 drivers. Same issue as 22.80 drivers.

With 21.85 drivers things were the same as the 21.81 drivers so I went back to these (since 3DMark2001 only likes these on my system). I did notice over time that not only was I missing flames (unless tilting the camera view at a very extreme angle) that I was also missing blood, and the leaves falling from the trees in the forest.
I am assuming the issue has do to with the amount of data on screen when outside, as the flames appear as they should when in the mines and there is less to render.

I really hope Pirana Bytes/Xicat can fix these issues to make this a totally awesome experience. Its still pretty cool even with the limitations. Serves as a nice placebo as I wait for Morrowind

System:
Athlon 1 Ghz @ 1 Ghz
384 MB Crucial Ram
ECS SiS 735 Mobo
Win98 SE
DirectX 8.1
VisionTek Xtasy GeForce 3 Ti200
Nvidia DetenatorXP 21.81 drivers

My guess is that we will only see action on this issue if the game sells well.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 1:44 pm

wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I had the same problem with my Prophet III with the 21.81 drivers. I was playing at 1280x1024x32 and switched the resolution to 1024x768x32 to try to fix it and that worked for some reason. Now I'm back to 1280x1024x32 and it's still ok so far. I also have up to 128MB of memory used for textures in PCI mode if that matters. Otherwise my Prophet has default settings.

[edit] Ahh, crap. It didn't last. I still have missing effects after playing for a while for some reason. For some reason they came back for a while and then disappeared again

[ This Message was edited by: wysiwyg on 2001-12-02 13:00 ]
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 4:35 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Find the latest detonator drivers here:

link to all detonator drivers
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 5:25 pm
Zan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thx for the link.I tryed a few different drivers.The 2280 fixed my graphic problems.I have the torch effects and my inventory is now showing.Win 98
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 8:57 pm
wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The 23.10 reference drivers fixed my problems for the Prophet III.

http://www.guru3d.com/files/
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 2:58 am
Shewter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Anyone try using detonator destroyer to uninstall the old drivers?
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:09 pm

I used the deteonator destroyer. It claims to have picked up a few more files that the uninstall utility didn't get.

I tried the latest 23.11 drivers and am still having the same slow down issues. Graphically, everything displays beautifully, I really wish these would work. Anybody else having this slow down issue with these drivers and a GeForce3 Ti200?

The issue is really prevelant whenever the 'game' takes over. Like when I sit down at a water pipe. Some of the animiation runs great but when the puff of smoke starts to dissapate at the top of the screen, it really crawls. Also, there is a noticible pause when selecting menu options (I click the down arrow then wait 1-2 seconds for my choice to be highlighted). This same issue is evident with the inventory and dialog trees.

Reverting to any of the 21.8* drivers corrects this slowness issue, but then I have all the graphical glitches.

Athlon 1Ghz
384 MB DDR Ram Crucial
SBLive
Win98 SE
DirectX 8.1
VisionTek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti200
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:18 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next