Members
Usergroups
Raising you INT stat
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Kaotik

Raising you INT stat

I have been beating around on the multi for a while now, and have my combat magic to a respectabel 30 or so, and for some reason, my int is stuck at around 15 natural. My question is, what do I do to raise my int. The more I use my combat spells, the higher it goes, yet my int dosen't seem to want to raise. I have a few summon spells I can't use not, because the mana cost is more than I can muster. Any one have any ideas? Do I just need to use some of the smaller combat spells, or does using a staff effect my int gains as well?

Thanks in advance for the help. I really love this game.

Kaotik.....Bogart in the game! If you played Siege on UO, you know me!
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:44 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Inteligence is raised by using spells from battle and nature realms and very little also with using bows and melee weapons.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 6:56 am
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Once you've but a big gap between your skills (greater than 10 levels) you will find even with gaining experience by using magic you will still gain the stats based on your primary skill. Usually this makes it nigh impossible to have the other skills catch up, and you will still have low INT. I'm not sure, but it may be that if you do catch your magic up with your melee (or get it close) you could start to see larger gains in INT.

Also, there are other threads in the forum that explain things a bit better than my ramblings.

-vaticide
Post Sun May 05, 2002 3:32 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

listen, if you started with just magic, and used only magic, you magic wil raise. If you started with melee, or ranged, and THEN did magic, your int is gonna SUCK no matter what..... so... concentrating on a single skill is better.

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:45 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

so, there are no "jack of all trades" types in this game. it seems like the classes are really limited in DS.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:11 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

No, you can create a jack-of-all-trades in it, it is just difficult to do without becoming unbalanced in one way or another.

-vaticide
Post Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:05 pm