Gods: Lands of Infinity - Demo Available
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Gods: Lands of Infinity - Demo Available

Cypron have released a playable <a href="http://www.cypron-studios.com/demos.html" target="_blank">demo</a> (260MB) of their fantasy RPG 'Gods: Lands of Infinity'. The download link is not working for me at the moment though. Hope you got more luck .
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:37 pm
Vidder
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

awww. come on, fix it already!
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:37 pm
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I second that the movies have been very intressing, althought they reveiled nothing about the gameplay.. just that the music and graphics are nice
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:48 pm

demo

Any news on the demo? The link is still down.
Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:48 pm

Nothing

quote:
We have finished playable demoversion for publishers, if you are interested feel free to contact us at:
gods@cypron-studios.com

The demo is for publishers only according to product page on Cypron Studios website.
Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:32 pm

Vidder
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Nothing
quote:
We have finished playable demoversion for publishers, if you are interested feel free to contact us at:
gods@cypron-studios.com

The demo is for publishers only according to product page on Cypron Studios website.

i dont think so. why? because i am downloading it right now! its available at last!

hopefully it won´t suck.
Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:12 pm
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Downloading

Me too now, let us hope it won't suck like the previous poster so wisely said

It's done... the biggest question I have after playing it is???? WHY is the main character drunk and when will she get sober? it sure is strange...
Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:24 pm
Vidder
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

yes this is my main complain about this game:
1. the headbumping seems to be a little bit too much and also should be up/down and not left/right
2. the FOV seems to be wrong.

other than that:
My what a NICE game! Really. a little polish here and there and i will buy it if the time has come.

What astonished me the most is the combat: refreshing and bold!
it also needs a little bit more polishing (animations, timing) but wow! its turn based!

also: the music is SO nice as is the overall style of the game.

all in all: a gem!

does anybody know when it will be out? (hopefully they will find a publisher, or sell it via the internet)
Post Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:45 pm

I have been waiting for this game for a long time. After playing the demo, i want it even more. Wat a cool game this is. The walking was a little annoying at the start, but after a while it didn't bother me. The only thing that frustrates me is that some of the areas are blocked off. And i couldn't get into any of the building. I don't know if that is because this is just the demo? Or will it be like that in the full game? But other than that, i can not wait until it's released. I had more fun with this demo than i have had with any full version games in the last year.
Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:47 am

Ummm, sorry for asking stupid question, but how can I talk/trade to anyone, or go to the other locations? I kept clicking on "traders" and other people, but they didn't say anything. And I cannot go anywhere even though when I am right under the road sign.

Nice music an dtextures, though..I cannot comment about gameplay because I cannot do anything..Thanks for help.
Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:16 am

corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Just click on traders to talk or trade. When you get close to the signpost, it automatically asks if you want to change location.

Movement, especially turning is not very smooth and needs some work. Not being able to view a character sheet, or inventory during normal game play annoyed me, and the English translation needs MAJOR work from a native speaker to get the syntax correct. I find poor English translations VERY offputting; they grate on me when playing. I want to reach out and correct it all!! Mind you, I do that to people as well!! The game has potential, and the TB combat was good. However, it will need a lot of polish to appeal to the larger market. I'll keep this on my gaming radar!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:41 am

quote:
Originally posted by corwin
Just click on traders to talk or trade. When you get close to the signpost, it automatically asks if you want to change location.

Movement, especially turning is not very smooth and needs some work. Not being able to view a character sheet, or inventory during normal game play annoyed me, and the English translation needs MAJOR work from a native speaker to get the syntax correct. I find poor English translations VERY offputting; they grate on me when playing. I want to reach out and correct it all!! Mind you, I do that to people as well!! The game has potential, and the TB combat was good. However, it will need a lot of polish to appeal to the larger market. I'll keep this on my gaming radar!!

Ummmmmm, that doesn't happen for me. Click people, nothing happens, approach signpost, and nothing happens, neither. But I can check character sheet ot inventory without problem..Am I missing something?
Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:30 am

Momotaca
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Interupted my DS2 long enough for a short test: Mouse key combo a little awkward but I've often noticed that once you get into a game, that change of controls becomes easier to handle. LOVED the music. Loading time seemed extremely looong. They need work on that. It's not currently quite ready for prime time. Hopefully a little polishing on the way to final will take care of that
Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:37 pm
Vidder
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Momotaca
Interupted my DS2 long enough for a short test: Mouse key combo a little awkward but I've often noticed that once you get into a game, that change of controls becomes easier to handle. LOVED the music. Loading time seemed extremely looong. They need work on that. It's not currently quite ready for prime time. Hopefully a little polishing on the way to final will take care of that

the loading time seems to be greatly influenced by the size of the loaded "zone" -> main town: 10-15 sec, small village: 5-10 sec.

does anyone got broken reflections on the water? they seem to be upside down on my computer.
Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:44 pm
jbosco

Setup Files

I could not get the program to work it kept giving me the Setup files where curupted error, any sugestions?

Thanks
Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:04 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next