Usergroups
Ending NOTR/Spoilers/Freeing the slaves/Red Peppers/Thorus
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Of course I loved Gothic 1, but I must say I was let down by Gothic 2...............not for the reasons you might imagine either. In Gothic 1 I felt "close" to some of the characters, like Gorn, Milten etc.,.......but in Gothic 2 they barely know ya, and ain't your friend anymore.

I did'nt care for the added flora either. I was poorly done visually, and got in the way sometimes. It is beyond me why someone makes such a great game, then comes out with the next version and strays from what they got right the first time.......grrrr. ALL I want is a continuation of the storyline and more levels/quests. No need to try and re-invent the wheel.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:10 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
Of course I loved Gothic 1, but I must say I was let down by Gothic 2...............not for the reasons you might imagine either. In Gothic 1 I felt "close" to some of the characters, like Gorn, Milten etc.,.......but in Gothic 2 they barely know ya, and ain't your friend anymore.

I did'nt care for the added flora either. I was poorly done visually, and got in the way sometimes. It is beyond me why someone makes such a great game, then comes out with the next version and strays from what they got right the first time.......grrrr. ALL I want is a continuation of the storyline and more levels/quests. No need to try and re-invent the wheel.

Well its hard to compare gothics, merely because the setting is whole dirrent in each of them.In gothic 1 everyone of the four friends was there at the same time with the same desire to get outside! They didn't basicly have any own affairs or intentions.I think they joined different camps to gain information as much as it was possible and to benefit from the situation they all were.

In gothic 2 the whole situation changed dramaticly, because there was not some barrier anymore to keep people at the same area.Thus the former convicts were FREE now to make any decisions they wanted.They had no need to belong to any of the "camps", like before.

Now that barrier collapsed everyone of the fabic four had their own paths to follow.For instance milten surely sticks on the side of paladins.He is fire magician after all.If you talk to him at the end of gothic 2, you get to know that he is very happy for the path he has chosen..Gorn on the other hand stays with lee and the boys like before.Lester probably thinks his own wealth above any faction.What comes to Diego, i can't really say.HE seems to be the wild horse.Surely he probably stays to be the closest friend you have in gothics.

Thought it is quite obvious, that the fabic four has some plans of their own.Also they all probably will help you and eachother in g3.You probably will have to relay on your old friends to solve whole civil war thing..It will become quite interesting to find out what will happen to the old friends from the penal colony..

But i've to agree some of your critisism.Mainly from the plot point of view gothic 2 felt a bit dull compared to the great scheme before.In gothic 1 there was this mystery aspect on the backround all the time.I really liked how subtly the plot developed there..There was no big objective at first and you gathered info piece by piece.Allmoust everytime somethis was revealed you only discovered a new puzzle ahead of you.

In gothic2 xardas just say: "Slay the dragons, get the eye of innos".

I'm glad that devs have noticed this mistake too and have deciced to get gothic 1 feel back.Direct quote from some interview:: "We try to develop ourselves and to keep the spirit of Gothic at the same time. With Gothic 2 we lost this aim a little bit, but this won’t happen again"

Also it is said that player will learn the story and hear news from person to person. The pieces of the puzzle will slowly fall together. No general quests which reveals the entire story.
Post Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:01 pm
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes this is right....in Ghotic 1 you had to be careful not to upset anyone stronger then you, you had to fit in... in the sequel your to do list is more traditional .I think that that alone makes a great diff, but as we have seen PB knows that and hopefully the change will be in beter from now ...
Post Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:18 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

come on guys be honest who among u, didn't stary near the gates of the old camp heard blodwyan say "here's the traitor from the ....." and "u should have paid me when u had the chance", and proceeded i to massacre him and all of the guards next to him i know i did hell after all the time he asked for 10 ore i loooked forward to it
Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:47 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

i can honstly say i never did that .. i always smacked them down before they could say a word
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:39 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Re: Answers Please

quote:
Originally posted by MoriasBane
Either you people havne't played NOTR or your just a bunch of player haters....i need answers to these questions? Am i the only one who has run into these situations...i think not. Please sit down and spend a little time for a fellow player

Bane of Moria

Or either we played through the game without having any questions. I haven't had a single game yet where I have had to ask somebody else for advice, done it all on my own

Anyways, there are some answers. As for finding them yourself, check out all the options, speak with anyone mentioned and so on, this will lead you to solution
Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:38 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2