Usergroups
!!!NOTR 4 Christmas!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I am sorry, but I have to agree with elkston. To see the add-on in English anytime soon is simply not realistic. No good up-to-date sites like tothegame.com or any other I've seen has anything but a "to be announced" date on the English release, and as elkston says - it would give them a lot more of a purpose to release it right before G3 as a "warm up" to G3, than release it now in the middle of nowhere. The Gothic series has NEVER been "colder" than right now. Noone writes about it. Noone reads about it. No reviews has been done in decades(except for the add-on in German speaking countries). It has absoluttely no publicity what-so-ever at the moment, and since this is all about making money and not about the fans, JoWood would never release it now.

The only release dates you will find on Night of the Raven are "estimated dates", and has nothing to do with facts.
Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:05 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

RPGCodex reports that the add-on will be released in Poland in a few weeks. In the accompanying forum thread somebody claims it´s announced in Russia for Q1.
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:07 pm
cally
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

dis is crap

All that talk for nothing.
I'm still hopeing 4 a english ver.

Nice Hollydayi ppl.
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:18 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

The same to you.
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:43 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

One can always hope that it will be out soon, but I've settled with the German version for now(with translation mod)... if it comes out, I'll buy it on the release day, but I doubt it will be out for quite a while..

Give the German version a try people, the translation mod is VERY good, and the German voices are actually better(in most cases) than the English(I like Xardas better in English though).
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:16 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I’ll wait…besides, I just got Halo 2 (thanks Santa) to keep me occupied for a little bit and since I went DSL over the summer…maybe I’ll try online gaming.

Sylvio
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:59 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I would not buy the english NOTR for one cent. Jowood/Atari can bite me.

Why in hell would I reward them with my money after they shit on the Gothic community. My feelings have NOTHING to do with PB....they have made their money. It is sad....the best friggin game i have ever played IS NOT KNOWN in the largest market on the planet because of publisher mistakes.

As hard ass as game review shows can be, Gothic 2 got rave reviews....and ZERO advertising before or after. But you can bet your FPS ass that Halo and Halo2(both mindless games) got plenty of coverage....even half hour specials :/

PB, I will buy every Gothic game you decide to let me have....but you SERIOUSLY need to get a more interested publisher.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:01 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

From one of the latest news posts from Jowood, it seems that they finally recognise the power of Gothic. They also agree that there have been made some major faults concerning the release of NotR.
I know that doesn't change anything, but I have better hopes for G3. Jowood now knows they can make big money if they play it right.

Advertising is something that will probably never happen. Like every respected RPG Gothic is played by the mindless mass that follows Microsoft, EA games and the consoles ( my ass will probably be roasted now). It's still a cult game, although every respected RPG gamer at least have heared from Gothic. Advertising wouldn't really help as much as you think. Where would you want to advertise? On tv, that will never work for games as Gothic. On RPGdot? Everybody that comes here already knows or even follows the making of G3, so that would be a waste of money.
Don't get me wrong, advertising would certainly help, but not as much as you think.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:26 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3