Usergroups
Release date for US?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Elco
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

gamestop recently changed their release date form feb to april as well. I dont think it will be out untill april
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:09 pm
Srchbayne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Don't say that!!!Please don't say that!!!
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:01 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

devs said they are on target to release in Q1, so cant be later than march
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:28 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

For what it's worth, I stopped by EB today and they said February 15th. Not that I'd put money on it or anything!
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:17 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

GoneGold says Feb 18... I don't think it's really reliable, but it's definitely more reliable than April.
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:50 am
Greb Jnnayr
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have seen it many times where they say a 1st Quarter release and it doesn't hit the shelves until April. What they are saying that it will go gold in the 1st quarter. So in example the game goes gold on March 31, because of manufacturing and deliverey it would take about 2 weeks to hit the shelves which would make it around April 14.
Post Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:22 am
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Greb Jnnayr
I have seen it many times where they say a 1st Quarter release and it doesn't hit the shelves until April. What they are saying that it will go gold in the 1st quarter. So in example the game goes gold on March 31, because of manufacturing and deliverey it would take about 2 weeks to hit the shelves which would make it around April 14.

SHUT UP!!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! SHUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT UPPPPPP!!!!!!!! Gothic 2 will be out tomarrow!! HOW DARE YOU TELL ME SOMETHING I DONT WANNA HEAR!!! IM GONNA CRY NOW!!! ..........

Without gothic 2 ill have to go back to the only other thing that gives me a perpose in life ......(Setting Felines A blaze and throwing them in people Bedroom windows)

Your Freindly Neighborhood Lunatic

"Women You can't live with them, And they hate it when you Violate small furry animals with a Jagged Stick."
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:25 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don't know how many times I have to say this - only trust official information, and the only official information I know of, is the fact that the game is complete, and waiting to go gold.. the next move is JoWoods' move now, and they'll probably release the game within the 1st Q of 2003.. that's it! No more speculation.. there is just no point in speculation whether or not they delay they game without reason or not..
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:25 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

In the news today:
JoWooD and Koch Media intensify their cooperation after Gothic IIīs success. Publisher JoWooD gives the distribution for some new titles and even the primary and/or secondary publishing of other titles to Koch Media. Koch will also do marketing and PR for those titles. The exact games will be announced in a few weeks.

JoWooD restructuring:
-more than 100 employees have been fired, including the complete (?) German marketing team
-subsidiaries and studios will be closed/sold/merged from 11 to 2 (Austria and Germany)
-JoWooD shrinks in house marketing and distribution even in their primary market

The consequences for G2 and AN2:R (my interpretation): everything is possible, from 'JoWooD announces them tomorrow' to 'delayed until a distribution partner (or even sub-publisher) is found'. I also wouldnīt count on JoWooD updating their site on time. They didnīt even do this when they had the ressources.
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:15 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
In the news today:
JoWooD and Koch Media intensify their cooperation after Gothic IIīs success. Publisher JoWooD gives the distribution for some new titles and even the primary and/or secondary publishing of other titles to Koch Media. Koch will also do marketing and PR for those titles. The exact games will be announced in a few weeks.

JoWooD restructuring:
-more than 100 employees have been fired, including the complete (?) German marketing team
-subsidiaries and studios will be closed/sold/merged from 11 to 2 (Austria and Germany)
-JoWooD shrinks in house marketing and distribution even in their primary market

The consequences for G2 and AN2:R (my interpretation): everything is possible, from 'JoWooD announces them tomorrow' to 'delayed until a distribution partner (or even sub-publisher) is found'. I also wouldnīt count on JoWooD updating their site on time. They didnīt even do this when they had the ressources.

ok...WTF??? i hate jowoods...they SUCK. i may love gothic and not be able to wait 4 gothic 2 but i HATE jowood!!!
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:38 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Well, that just crumbled my cookie.
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:49 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Just do like me - replay Gothic I! I've filled out all the savegame-slots with completed games, but I have a "current game" slot on top where I save over and over(the games I play nowadays aren't worth saving like the others containing good memories)..

It's still great, and trying out new combinations of skills(like assassins and so on) is still fun!
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:08 am
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

That's some sad news. For the English G2 community, but more so for the employees. These are tough times.
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:10 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Val
Well, that just crumbled my cookie.

I donīt understand this. Could you rephrase it?
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:36 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I just rephrased the common saying: "That's the way the cookie crumbles." It's sort of like: "That's life, deal with it."

In this case, the cookie is Gothic 2, and crumbled means I won't get to play for a long time. So my fun is spoiled because now I have to wait even longer than before.
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:44 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next