Usergroups
Finishing the English Gothic Demo - Help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've read most of the threads at this awesome forum. I've laughed, I've laughed, and I've given my two cents.

Now you help me.
I know this is a lot to read, but I have proper english, and this should be a breeze to read. Guaranteed.

I've compared what I've did in this demo to what other's have done, and I seem to be a VETERAN!!!

I've defeated EVERYONE, except the invincible guys like Thorus, the gate guards, Gomez, Stone and Diego. I don't see a point in these guy's being invincible, though.

Beating up everyone, including Gomez's BodyGuards(800exp) only gets you to Level 7. But I've used Fire and Arrows to kill people twice, to get twice the exp points to get myself to Level 8. I don't want to kill EVERYONE, because if I do, the game will be even more uninteresting anymore than it is right now.

I just don't know what to do. You can't do the test of faith, so you cannot become a Shadow. You cannot kill Gomez. You cannot sleep with Valya. And you cannot open the chests that contain Guard's and Shadow armor. So what do you do to complete the demo!?!?!

I am at Level 8. With the War Crossbow(100dmg), Rusty Two-Hander(61dmg), and ALL the Magic Rings and Necklaces.

Diggers are UNABLE to damage me anymore, because I have so much protection on. I'm invincible to swords that deal less than 30dmg, I'm invincible to ALL arrows and bolts, and I'm almost invincible to Fire.

WHAT DO I DO!?!?!

This is my first day at this forum. I've had no help from anyone, so can anyone give me newbie tips about this?
I've read about Avatars and Nude patches for the Eng Demo, but what else should I learn?

Are there any cheats? I REALLY want to be able to use the Bodyguard Swords that deal 100dmg each. They're one-handed weapons.

I have EVERY weapon available in the demo. I want some cool armor, though.

I'm going to play Gothic now, to see if the Nude patch worked.
I'm able to walk in and out of the castle whenever I want, because I killed the guards in the front.

PS, if you don't already know, the castle guards cannot hurt you if you stand in between them. They can hurt you with their swords, but not their arrows. It's a bug or something.

PSS, if you want me Gothic Eng Demo saved game file, just ask, and I'll give it to you.

-Kevin

Post Sun Sep 16, 2001 12:19 am
PraetorJudis
Village Leader
Village Leader

It doesn't have a proper end. Think of it as a taste test.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2001 3:23 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I donīt know the English demo, only parts of the German equivalent and the full game. As far as I understand it, the demo is geographically limited to the area close to the OC.

If you exspect to find something like an ending of the demo you are chasing windmills.

Gothic has 6 acts. Obviously the demo is the very beginning of act 1. To finish act 1 you _need_ to join one of the camps, but you canīt fullfill the necessary quests without visiting NC and PsiCamp.

A lot of cheats can be found on the gomp site I mentioned in some other posts. The site is (still) in German. The cheats have English names which should be selfexplanatory, simply open the console and apply them.

Invincible NPCs are important for the storyline. May be you can kill them later.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2001 4:00 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I read that the German version has more to do than the English.

How much more does the German version have?

I really want to join a camp. But now I use cheats. I am still not apart of a camp, but I have some cool Dark Robe armor, and I'm at Level 12 by fighting Trolls that I cheated for. 1000exp/kill rules.

-Kevin

Post Sun Sep 16, 2001 3:15 pm

Are you talking about the demo or the full game, when you say you read the German version is bigger?

I guess the only differences between Engl. and German version will be censored nudity vs. censored violence.
...Now that I think about it,...is it possible to sell a game in the US in which the player is exspected to smoke and sell drugs?
Post Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:18 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Ups!
That last post was me.
Post Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:23 pm
Kveldulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It seems all you want to do is kill people and level up, this is not playing a role. the cheat codes are at http://www.worldofgothic.de and gothic.gomp.net, if you don't read German then use babelfish.altavista.com. Did you get all the quests from Fisk, Thorus, Whistler, sly, and the cook? There are several things you can do without going to the other camps, just ask around, ask anyone with a real name instead of a 'title' like digger or shadow. The cheat codes will greatly extend the life of the demo, like going outside the demo area or creating an army of skeletons to storm the castle keep.

[ This Message was edited by: Kveldulf on 2001-09-16 16:21 ]
Post Sun Sep 16, 2001 9:19 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I did do everything.

Every quest possible, other than the Test of Faith, the Recipe one, and the Digger's Friend ones. Those are the ones that can't be done in the Eng demo.

I just downloaded the German Demo 2 today. And it's the exact same to the Eng Demo, other than a lot of the cheats don't work anymore.

Haha, I never thought of making an army of skeletons to storm the Old Camp. Haha...
I started cheating last night, and I learned the coding syntax of the game overnight. So now I made my character 999 in everything. I mysteriously learned Sneaking somehow. I saved my game, then I came back, and then I knew how to Sneak. Odd.

I exported my built up character, then started the game over, then imported him. It's soo fun to start off as a Necromancer-Ore Baron.

And how do I get into the Sect camp, in the Eng demo?? I haven't even found the New Camp yet.

Post Mon Sep 17, 2001 2:24 am
Kveldulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

There is no sect camp in any of the three demos, not the two german ones or the english one. Aside from one molerat I've found the world outside the demo area to be devoid of life, but that can be remedied. There are large holes where the other two main camps are supposed to be, you can actually fall off the edge of the world. Btw did you talk to the two hunters to learn how to skin the animals and take their teeth and claws? I've found all the cheats in the german demo to work in the english demo, except detach camera view.

[ This Message was edited by: Kveldulf on 2001-09-16 23:25 ]
Post Mon Sep 17, 2001 4:21 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I played Gothic demo for over ten hours before I learned that there's cheats in the demo.
So I played thouroughly. I didn't know there wasn't an ending, so I talked to everyone, and did almost everything they said.

I didn't bother learning the hunting skills until I started to cheat yesterday. It's really useless in the demo, since money is never a problem. Food either.
Post Mon Sep 17, 2001 12:02 pm
Fashtas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can do the Recipe quest in the English version, it was the only quest (Beside the test of faith) that I found.. and completed..

Gives 100xp and 3 plates of food a day if I remember correctly.

This is a good game, the controls/user interface are about the other things that prevent it from being a great game IMHO

Edit-
Oh yes, and I sort of finished the diggers friend one. AT least I found him, and reported that I had found him to the Fletched guy, but it didn't remove the qyest from my list.
Forgotton about that one (assuming the "Diggers friend" one is the one the Chef mentions, and Fletcher mentions, Nux someone who went to pick mushrooms and never came back?)

[ This Message was edited by: Fashtas on 2001-09-18 22:13 ]
Post Tue Sep 18, 2001 11:04 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

The demo is really just a sneak peak. But it's only two months from now that the full version will hit stores (according to ebworld.com - the release date isn't official yet).

Post Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:30 am
Tykjen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

u can complete the "nef" quest, u just need to get his amulet, so u can give proof about him being dead,think u gotta talk to 3 ppl about ure discovery, to get it complete. and dont forget to talk to Diego once in a while, to find out about how ure reputation is doin in camp.

Post Fri Sep 21, 2001 9:40 am