72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 18

Author Thread
neonleif
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

"Sparkling Blue Sword"-screenshot

A few months ago I saw a screenshot at gamespy of a sword with a bluish aura/spark. After I finished the game as paladin, mage and merc. I didn't find it.

-Can someone tell where to find that sword?
    -Is it in Gothic II or where I halucinating or ... ?

http://www.gamespydaily.com/screenshots/5182/10.jpg or http://www.gamespydaily.com/screenshots/index.asp?id=18572
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:46 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, it *is* in the game. I guess you missed it then. It is kinda off the beaten path.

I'll give you this one broad hint: It's in the "new" world.

P.S.

Others who know, please try not to spoil the whole thing for him. Nothing is worse than having the joy of discovery spoiled.
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:02 am
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: "Sparkling Blue Sword"-screenshot

quote:
Originally posted by neonleif
A few months ago I saw a screenshot at gamespy of a sword with a bluish aura/spark. After I finished the game as paladin, mage and merc. I didn't find it.

-Can someone tell where to find that sword?
    -Is it in Gothic II or where I halucinating or ... ?

http://www.gamespydaily.com/screenshots/5182/10.jpg or http://www.gamespydaily.com/screenshots/index.asp?id=18572

That word is called DragonSlicer. Like it has been said, it is in the New World, but far away from Khorinis... And it is very well guarded, as you can see from the picture, so be prepared.

Good Luck,

Saruman
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:24 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

That's a good old Dragon Slicer two handed sword. The sparkles are only in that column of light, the sword itself has no particle effects. But, it still looks good, not to mention it's a good sword.

But yes, it is WELL guarded. These 2 fellas you see here on the shot, these are the WEAKEST guards there (and there's more then 2 of those) There's 2 more guards and believe me, they sure are nasty.

Ah well, since I am in such a spoilerish mood, I will give you a general hint where it is: search in the upper area of Khorinis. But, be ready...
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:15 am
neonleif
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by elkston

... that was broad
I'm off to the "new" world then unless anyone have a hint that isn't THAT broad

NOT TOO NARROW THOUG!
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:52 pm
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by neonleif
quote:
Originally posted by elkston

... that was broad
I'm off to the "new" world then unless anyone have a hint that isn't THAT broad

NOT TOO NARROW THOUG!

Let's try in this way: if have you done Dragomir's quest, then you should already know where to look for (well, at least nearby ...

If you haven't done it or you do not know Dragomir, then go to the tavern, turn your back at the entrance and go forward. You should find a little camp with a man sitting there. Listen to him (do you have a map of Khorinis, haven't you?).

Good Luck,

Saruman
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:08 pm
wk
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor
But yes, it is WELL guarded. These 2 fellas you see here on the shot, these are the WEAKEST guards there (and there's more then 2 of those) There's 2 more guards and believe me, they sure are nasty.

I too missed it on my first playing, and I try to be extremely thorough and clear out monsters from each chapter before going on to the next.

It is almost too cleverly guarded because if you can reach the sword, then you do not need it!

I think the layout of the cave is what makes it difficult to tackle those guards.
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:55 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I couldn't quite take them out in combat when I got it, but I lured them out of the cave and used the terrain to my advantage.

Just to the left of the cave entrance is a little ledge you can climb up on to rain arrows down upon any Skellies who take the bait and follow you out of the cave. Took a lot of arrows, but it worked!
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:09 am
Dra Gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

IMHO, the Dragon Slicer doesn't worth to beat the two Shadow warriors...
I mean, it's much easy to get the Orc Slayer (just sneaking, no need for combat) in Chapter One...
With 1h combat at 60% (and the required strenght) in first chap you can surely beat the shadow warriors with the Orc Slayer... But then you'll have no need for Dragon Slicer ... Cause even if you do more damage with Dragon slicer (80) opposed to Orc Slayer (65), the Orc slayer it's faster so it's easier to kill everything with it ...
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:34 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Ah well, this is a spoiler forum, so here, the spoiler: search between the black troll and the Circle of The Sun.

As for the weapon - this is a personal choice. Orc Slayer is faster, but Dragon Slicer hits harder. Not to mention that Dragon Slicer simply looks more better. And some simply love 2H weapons. Not to mention that with a 2H sword, you can hit targets over longer distance
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:17 am
Kragor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The Dragon Slicer is not hard to get cause you don't have to beat the guards. Just grab it and run like hell! When you're strong enough, come back and show them who's boss! With their own sword naturally...
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:52 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe that picture os wrong btw there on the pic are 2 Skeletions without paladin armor there must be 2 skeletions in paladin armor heheh also u dont need to kill them by hand u can get 2 undead scrolls in new world and u can just cast it on them both and they both are gone at the cave enterence u can kill those skeletions easy if u have at least 15 level hero
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:09 pm
neonleif
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks guys, you've been helpfull!

Yet I have 2 more questions:

Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:59 pm
legacy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well for the first question i guess it's just a story.
But the second, the armor that they are talking about is the shadow warrioirs black , rusted knight armor.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:10 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

answer 1. happand to me to... its just a bug go on and you will find that everything is ok...
if your not sure everything is gonna be fine than just take a lode game from befor entring the cave...
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:44 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next