Ridiculous Gothic II review.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ridiculous Gothic II review.

These fella's don't know CRAP obviously!!!!

http://games.telenet.be/reviews.php?reviewid=359

Basically they complain ALOT about that you have to start all over again, they hate it that the characters doesn't have the strength and all the abilities from GI in GII{DUH, then this game would been alittle to easy, dontcha think? sigh}

Then these idiots start about how clunky the controls are, but all of the sudden they discover the new controls, cause they were hating on the way you have to fight by pushing the arrow buttons etc...

They then talk about the smart AI and that it would be handy if you could have a good fight with good strafing controls....

they complain about that the strafing feature is weird and clumsy to use...what a stupid thing to bitch about..geez. cause it shows how dumb they are cause you just need to lock on to a target and strafe..et voila..you run around the enemy.

It really shows how long they played the game {NOT much at all} cause here he goes bitching about " It would have been helpful to have a map in the game..now i exlore this whole damn world without a single map...sigh....can you say stupid?} ENTER KHORINIS AND BUY A MAP FROM THE FELLA AT THE HARBOR...big sigh.

Then the graphics, the day/night cyclus is ok but nothing too special
but overall they didn't complain to much about this....

last words of them:

Gothic II turned out to be a decent RPG, nothing more nothing less...compared to it's predecessor it doesn't really bring anything new apart from some minor things...

Extra comments:

bad points : Controls, Gothic 1.5{YEAH RIGHT},Graphics alittle too weak,
some bugs...

Good points: Storyline, real voice dialogs, freedom

Gameplay 22/40

Graphics 13/20

Geluid 18/20

Fun Factor 17/20

Total score : 70%

Oh Yeah, before i forgot to tell this extra-STUPID thing...mind you...the reviewer plays the game with the keyboard...no mouse...what a tool.

GII is one damn fine RPG, no wait...in my opinion..it's the best RPG ever...reviewers that give a score below 80% just can't apreciate or don't know how to apreciate a REAL good game...that's for sure

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:42 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Here we go again.

Note: Not that I dont agree with what you are saying, but I give this thread 1 hour before it erupts into an argument over Gothic vs Morrowind...
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:56 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

UH, did the word "morrowind" ever appeared at this topic? nope?
all i did was share this review with you all.....no big deal. the review isn't even about comparing to Morrowind...nothing...imo 2 very different games.

Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:03 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Yes you are correct. For no logical reason whatsoever should this topic lead to Morrowind being compared to Gothic. But go look at the the other threads with similar titles and you will see that this has a strange habit of occuring.

Seriously, I was not taking a jab at you. I am just as depressed as everyone about the bad press G2 is getting. I just cringe each time I see a thread with this kind of title cuz I know how its gonna end up.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:10 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok, no problem...then let's put it right here...

NO DISCUSSION ON IF GII IS BETTER THAN MORROWIND!!!!!

Hope that's enough, yeah...i really hate the bad press too..but overall it get's pretty good reviews , doesn't it? The reviewer obviously don't know anything about the game, he talks about a map and that it's not in there....lol...imagine you being thrown into the world of Gothic {counts for GI and II} you don't even have decent armor,let alone any items or weapons...how could you even have a map then? This fella shouldn't have reviewed the game...i'm gonna email him my complaints about this very bad review..

Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Yes that is very bad. I have seen quite a few reviewers do things like that with many other game also. And the sad thing is that most people reading the review will just take his word. They have no idea that he is a moron.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:22 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, but don't stress yourself too much about it - bad reviews crop up all over the place, mainly from people who just didn't like the game and set out to make as many ridiculous claims as possible about how bad it was, or who just didn't have a clue what they were doing, and decided it was the game's fault that they didn't read the manual. Or even the back of the box, sometimes.

To mention Morrowind but briefly, there was one Morrowind review that stated that you couldn't interact with anyone, and claimed there was no way of saving the game. What kind of good would an RPG be if you couldn't save it?

More recently, someone I know released a mindless shoot-em-up game, and while most reviews were positively glowing, one person spent most of the review complaining about the plot. Um, yeah, it makes no sense. But that's kind of the point isn't it?

When these things turn up, voice your concerns and then forget about it. A review as bad as this will generate enough complaints and bad press to give them seconds thoughts about doing a shoddy job in the future.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:51 pm
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
GII is one damn fine RPG, no wait...in my opinion..it's the best RPG ever...reviewers that give a score below 80% just can't apreciate or don't know how to apreciate a REAL good game...that's for sure

If this review is so bad and unprofessional, then why even discuss it? Or maybe you're mad because he doesn't agree with you?.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:25 pm
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Yahari
quote:

If this review is so bad and unprofessional, then why even discuss it? Or maybe you're mad because he doesn't agree with you?.

What is wrong with being upset over an unfair or inacurate review? Great RPGs are a rare thing, and negative buzz hurts sales and that takes away from the next installment.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:54 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Exactly, anyway...yesterday i heard the reviewer got fired from the site...the reviewer received so many negative comments on the review and the crew wasn't too happy with it either....he obviously only played a small part of it but in fact he had to completely finish it before even reviewing it.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:22 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by bigkabuto
yesterday i heard the reviewer got fired from the site ...

If this is fine for you, bigkabuto, would you like to provide the source where you get this info? Is this news related to G2 in any way? I just want to have a good laugh at the reviewer.

Thank you.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:44 am
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yeah, let's laugh at the guy. Anyone who doesn't like Gothic 2 clearly deserves to be laughed at....

Seriously, if the guy got fired over too many negative comments, then it only shows that people aren't even allowed to have their personal opinions anymore. If some immature people, who can't stand seeing a bad review of their favorite game, dictates the future of a reviewer, then what can a guy do? Should he write a positive review even if he doesn't like the game?

Gothic 2 recieved an ''unfair'' review. Get over it
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:06 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Read the original post. He didnt get fired for negative comments. He got fired for innacuracies. The guy is obviously is incapable of reviewing a game.

Sure everyone has the choice of liking it or not, but no one has the right to flame a game with statements that are just blatant lies.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:32 pm
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

Chekote: True he got fired for that reason, if you want to make a review of anything, you have to put aside your feelings, etc, else dedicate yourself to something else, when you review a game, like it or not, you have to be objetive enough, so your Review is helpfull, other way, people will think you did not like the game, or you like it too much = NOT HELPFULL . Just my thoughts
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:35 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Yes I agree completely. However I am sure you will hear shortly from DJ Yahari with his strong oppinions on the necessity of emotion and oppinion within reviews.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:55 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next