Can't progress...bug? (ch.6)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
LoneWolfX1X
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Can't progress...bug? (ch.6)

Well I'm in the area with 2 upper and 4 lower rooms and the big door in the middle.

I need to press the three switches in the correct order but every time I left click to press the switch it gets pushed TWICE.

I've seen the same behavior on beds...get up and get stuck in this loop of constantly laying back down.

Before it was an annoyance...now it's a game breaker...anyone else seen this/have a resolution? Tried all the focus options under game settings to no avail.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:56 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

One thing, do you use any movement keys during the animation of the action? If so, then this is the problem. Stand in front of the button, left click once and let go of the controls until the animation is played out fully, otherwise it will cause trouble.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:26 am
LoneWolfX1X
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

nope just click and wait

Finally managed to get it done with much loading/cursing but it was still a huge annoyance and really broke up the flow of things.

Starting a merc run now...I figure I played my paladin pretty much as a merc so might as well do it proper

Final stats for those who care (base stats):

Level: 37

Str: 112
Dex: 114
Mana: 28
HP: ~570

1h: 105
2h: not sure never used it...roughly 45
Bow: 46
Crossbow: 31 (again not sure never used)

Gold: over 40k

Wrath of Innos/Dragon Bow/Heavy Paladin Armor

Bosper apprentice only other hunting skill was Claws (bought by mistake)
Bought sneak but never used it.

Basically up until level 25 or so I'd use my bow to weaken one enemy, draw him away, and polish him off with sword. It wasn't till the orcish warlords in ch.5 that I felt comfortable just rushing in with sword.

Despite what I had heard there was never a comfortable amount of LP for me...maybe because I used an expensive dual weapon strategy, though I did finally abandon the dex/bow for more str/1h out of neccesity.

On my second run I'm going to go Merc with 2h and crossbow. This will be even harder since mercs need to learn scale removal and forging but I now know what I do and dont need.

I never trained alchemy and finally just "ate" all my expensive herbs for the +1s once I was in ch.6. It's going to be hard justifying the LP cost for alchemy but I realize it's best in the long run. Hopefully things will be easier with 2h weps since frankly almost till the end it was pretty difficult with my paladin.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:48 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I'd highly suggest getting pickpocket skill if you want to load up on LP's. Wait until around chapter 5 to use it tho. You'll get 250exp for each pickpocketing you do I know the levels require more and more exp to get an LP, and possible the ration is the same as early in the game. I just like seeing 250exp pop up lol. I gained several levels on my last "tour" of the countryside, b4 shipping off.

You will HAVE to get this skill fairly early, as Cassia is the only one that ever teaches it.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:52 am
Maagrapu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I thought some (if not all of them) of them filled their purses in chapter leveling. Atleast in chap5->chap6 some of them did. I started pickpocketing people at chap5, when I had nothing else to teach myself than dexterity. Once I got it to 100, pickpocketing was very easy. I roamed everywhere I knew was people and pickpocketed them all. At the island in chap6 my shipmates had their purses filled up again. 300XPs for a lift-up
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:28 pm