Usergroups
Gothic 2 addon DNDR in english...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
tweety_04_01
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

can someone give us an estimation of how long it will take?
Post Fri May 14, 2004 6:15 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

We're working on it. The team translated more than 5/6 from it. All that it's left untranslated atm are around 1000-1500 dialog lines.

I'm sure we won't make it for this weekend, but probably for sometime in beginning of the next week. And as we'll also do some tests before, most probably will be the next weekend.

If we would have a little more help with the translation, it would have been much faster. Unfortunatelly, we didn't got too much translation support from Gothic community, but from other parts (some of my friends from RL and from the game's I'm working on boards).

Anyway, the answer is next week. Oh, and also, the mod will be specifically stated as "can't be use in a comercial release without my written aprovement"... just in case
Post Fri May 14, 2004 6:31 pm
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

34 screenshots and a little snippet @ www.gamespot.com
Post Sat May 15, 2004 3:14 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gothic II expansion announced

Piranha Bytes launches an official site for Gothic II: The Night of the Raven.

more screens (6)
View the slideshow »
Screenshot Index »
Piranha Bytes has today launched an official Web site for its previously unannounced Gothic II expansion pack. Information on Gothic II: The Night of the Raven is scarce at present, but game designer Bjoern Pankratz has said that the expansion will look to answer many of the questions left unanswered at the end of Gothic II, which was released in Europe by JoWood last year but is currently being enhanced by Atari for release in North America in October.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/gothic2nightoftheraven/news_6072882.html
straight of gamespot, from the link drake5 gave with a little searching
RELEASE IN NORTH AMERICA IN OCTOBER

but dont put to much faith in it, it is atari after all
Post Sat May 15, 2004 3:35 am
tweety_04_01
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

lol... nice development... i still wanna play the translated version now (in one week) than wait till october...
Post Sat May 15, 2004 3:47 am
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

a little confusing maybe... here, try this one. its more specific. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/gothiciithenightoftheraven/index.html
Post Sat May 15, 2004 4:12 am
SG81
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That October date was for the Atari release, after they finished making the modifications they were going to make. I can't remember all of them, only that you were supposed to start at different places depending on what you wanted to play (mage, paladin, merc, etc.).

Anyway, good work so far on the project. We are all waiting with great anticipation. I would help but I don't know too much German. I could, of course, use a software translator and 'fine-tune' the results, but that might not be too efficient.

But, because I'm curious, someone please post a fair-sized, moderately complex sentence in German so I can see how close I get.

Also, from all the new FMV's in the expansion, one of them has german speech. Is someone translating it? You could probably just put the text in the readme.
Post Sat May 15, 2004 4:47 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The link to the "news" from Gamespot's site it's JUST 1 year old (well, almost), and it was about the launch of german addon's official page.

But it seems to have some new screenshots taken from E3.

Also, if the release date is really october, I'm speechless. First the Gothic 2 movie presented at E3 as addon's movie (like we are stupid and can't figure that out), now this faaaar away release date... Why in the gods' name they need another half an year to launch it when we know that, from what piranha bytes said, the translation (including the english voice acting) was started last year in november and most probably finished last year too?!!

Don't you find anything... fishy in this thing?!!
Post Sat May 15, 2004 5:49 am
tweety_04_01
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

cothyso, i was thinking the same thing. how long does it take them to translate some text in english (you guys are doing it in a month or less -- and you're 3 just as a part-time thing, no money, no nothing...)?! i understand that the speech is already recorded, so what's the hold up?

and more importantly, will gothic3 have the same fate?
Post Sat May 15, 2004 6:55 am
Eat_Lead
Village Leader
Village Leader

When Night of the Raven is released in English it will fall flat on its face..they've left it too late and Gothic 2 is too dated. Thats the sad truth
Post Sat May 15, 2004 8:42 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Ignore Shmaugus´ post. This news is one year old. October 03 was the projected release date for G2 in North America and the 'exhancements' were only an excuse to release it later.
Post Sat May 15, 2004 9:01 am
tweety_04_01
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

still, do you know if gothic3 will be released at first only in german?
Post Sat May 15, 2004 2:41 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Look at the footer of that news post:

By Justin Calvert, GameSpot POSTED: 08/01/03 06:37AM
Post Sat May 15, 2004 3:14 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by tweety_04_01
still, do you know if gothic3 will be released at first only in german?

well it be most likely first in german language but imo the 3 part will come out the same day in both languages in german and in english . This time this game will have a brand new engine and its more than 5 times bigger and and and and...
Post Sun May 16, 2004 12:27 am
cubanaso1602
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well we know for a fact that English Gothic 3 will not come out till one year later to the German release like always...!!!! lol but for the moment lets thank Cothyso and others for their wonderful help on translating NOTR... APPLAUSES...
Post Mon May 17, 2004 4:58 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next