View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

More Gothic 3 info revealed

More Gothic 3 info revealed

German magazine Gamestar reveils parts of the Gothic 3 story on their website!

Gothic 3 will start where the predecessor left off - the hero will land his ship at the mainland which is four to five times bigger than the world of Gothic 2. The mainland will consist of rolling hills, stretches of jungle and desert... dunes, oases and oriental cities included. All this could be seen at the E3 in the form of an early tech demo.

The developers haven't decided on the means of transportation yet - horses or camels, everything is a possibility at this point. Water supplies will definitely play a role.
It will chagrin many Gothic veterans to hear that the hero will lose at least parts of the abilities and items he acquired last time - but he won't have to start out as a com! pletely blank slate like he did in Gothic 2.
Factions and parties will play a major role, so much is sure; the following story info contains educated guesses by the Gamestar crew, however:

A side effect of the orc wars, the country's major cities have been taken over by feuding warlords.  The player will probably have to choose between helping one of the warring parties or alternatively save the king and his realm.

Regarding other game elements, Predators will have several forms of attack moves/animations now, like, for example, 'walljumping' off rocks. The AI has been improved to react better to missile attacks, and controls will be mouse-based by default. 

Gothic 3 is supposed to be out by the end of 2005.

Last edited by Jaz on Sat May 15, 2004 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Sat May 15, 2004 3:01 pm
Mastur Debator

It shouldn't chagrin us at all. Training and leveling up is one of the great joys of the Gothic games.
Post Sat May 15, 2004 3:03 pm

Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

...agreed, yet having to start all over in Gothic 2 was the source of many player complaints back then.
Post Sat May 15, 2004 3:16 pm
Mastur Debator

They are not worthy.
Post Sat May 15, 2004 4:07 pm

The Prefect
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I for one don't want to start the game on level 45. But some abilities would be nice.
Post Sat May 15, 2004 4:31 pm
Reiben
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

im soooo exited about G3...

cant wait anymore...
PIRANHA! GET YOUR ARSES IN GEAR!!!! :rpgrin: :rpgrin: :rpgrin:
Post Sat May 15, 2004 8:59 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Mastur Debator
It shouldn't chagrin us at all. Training and leveling up is one of the great joys of the Gothic games.

Exactly, that's one of the best things of a rpg. Great info! More, more

@Reiben: Let PB take their time, then the game will only become better
Post Sat May 15, 2004 9:20 pm

quote:
It will chagrin many Gothic veterans to hear that the hero will lose at least parts of the abilities and items he acquired last time

complete shit, sorry. It the character of the game to develop a character

2. Quote Gamestar:
quote:
The following sentences contain still one or other interpretation on our part

So most of the rest written by this "fabulous" mag is also big bullshit. If you knew this mag, and I do, you would know that the just want to aggrandise themselfes. So everything's open, and for me it would be the best if nothing was changed (graphics will) and averything would get slightly better and much bigger ! But lie your trust in Piranha, I'm confident they won't dissapoint us !

Regardless the critics thanks for the info, I'm thirstin for every little info, 'couse this is one of FEW games I'm really looking forward to !!!
Post Sun May 16, 2004 8:53 am

Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

what can i say?

I'm excited
Post Mon May 17, 2004 1:47 am
Venorik

First of all i'm against starting G3 at a high level, here are my reasons:

I'm a dedicated rpger and played both computer and pen and paper old D&D, AD&D and the new D&D (still play). There is a problem with computer games when playing a very high level character, because you become a godlike being and it's extremely hard to show this on any computer game.

You all played gothic and know what i'm talking about... after defeating the so called Draco-lich in the end of G2 who will stand against our mighty Hero, well maybe the black mage but come on how many monsters are tough enough to present some kind of challange....

Here lies another problem: if G3 will start from level 1 (which i'm all for) how are they going to explain it logicaly??? They have already used up the "he lost his memory" feature in the beggining of G2 so what now??

Now this is something to think about ha
Post Mon May 17, 2004 12:13 pm

Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by Venorik
You all played gothic and know what i'm talking about... after defeating the so called Draco-lich in the end of G2 who will stand against our mighty Hero, well maybe the black mage but come on how many monsters are tough enough to present some kind of challange....

No problem. The Piranhas already explained the hero will lose some of his skills. I think it would be cool to be able to slay an orc soon after the beginning. Great parts of Gothic 3 obviously are settled in a desert - so some new, even stronger enemies are possible.

quote:
Here lies another problem: if G3 will start from level 1 (which i'm all for) how are they going to explain it logicaly??? They have already used up the "he lost his memory" feature in the beggining of G2 so what now??

Now this is something to think about ha :wink:

No problem here, too. There could be an evil mage who steals the hero's skills. And I even bet that the hero's crew will reach the new lands on a little skiff, because the ship sunk - this way, Piranha Bytes doesn't need great thinking about what to do with all those superweapons and other neat stuff.
Post Mon May 17, 2004 12:49 pm
gasho

The hero could lose the power because of a dark spell from Xardas or something. And in G2 he only lost his power-strenght, dexterity and not skills-1 handed, 2 handed. They are all 10%, and you could train only that much in G1.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 2:14 pm

Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Only 10% sword skills in G1? I think you are misinformed
Post Thu May 20, 2004 6:18 pm
gasho

No, Im pretty sure that 10% is maximum. Ive got a picture of it but its in a magazine. Oh i can hardly wait for G3. I hope that we will be able to visit the capital.
Post Wed May 26, 2004 7:22 pm