Max Strength in Chapter1 and few other questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
stocker
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Max Strength in Chapter1 and few other questions

1. What's the maximum strength you can get in chapter1? I want to go to VoM with Dragon Slicer sword which requires 80 strength(got 73 atm). Harad's teaching limit is 50, dunno about the merc guy as I'm in milita and in the barracks I thought the smith guy should be able to train me but only dialog option with him is END.

2. Found a cave where is winch, but when I try to use it, it says that I don't have correct item. Logically thinking you don't need anything else besides your hands to turn it but whatever. Just tell me this isn't a bug and that I get the needed item later in the game.

3. How is the damage with sword calculated. Lets say I have sword which requiers 50 strenght and does 50 damage. Most importand thing is your 1h/2h weapon skill but does the strenght affect it too? Basically what I want to know is that do you make more damage when you have strength 60 rather than 50?

4. Can you make gods angry and by that lose some of your stats points? If yes then how? I'm asking this because I want to know if you can take stuff from shrines that are all over the Khorinis. My sence tells me these things are donations for the god and I shouldn't touch it.

5. Answer yes/no. Do you need magic sword to kill magical golem?

6. Last question atm is about the secret in a little temple(you press 2 buttons and the stone casket moves from its place) near Onars farm. Should it be possible to fight all the skeletons that spawn when you open chests? Being in chaper1 at lvl16 with Two-Handed skill 60%, sword 55 damage and milita basic armor I wasn't. I just collected all 3 keys, drunk speed potion and emptied the chests as fast as possible and got the hell out of there. :p
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:33 am
DragonSlayer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

if u dont mind using a cheat get marvin mode on and type insert pc_itemfeller focus it press o then get anything u want btw have u tryed torlof in merc camp or diego
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:13 am
stocker
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by DragonSlayer
if u dont mind using a cheat get marvin mode on and type insert pc_itemfeller focus it press o then get anything u want btw have u tryed torlof in merc camp or diego

I don't want to use cheat. Torlof wount teach me as I'm in milita and wasn't Diego the one sent to the VoM for talking about dragon danger?

Also it seems that two-handed weapon max skill in c1 is 60% or am I wrong?
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:36 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you join the mercs the max str in ch1 is 90, same with weapon skill but the mercs wont train militia so you probably wont be able to use dragon slicer for a while. But early on in the VOM you can find a battle axe 60 dmg 60str.
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:53 am
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

ok your first qustion has been answered but it is possible to get str whitout training .. if you hunt arounf the world abit you can find some dragonroot .. you can eat it for str +1 or you can find someone who can teach you how to brew a potion from it that give something like +5 .. but that takes up alot of levels cuz you need to learn a bunch of other stuff first and im not sure if you can learn it all i chapter 1 seens i've never bothered...

2nd qustion .. well i dont know what cavee you are talking about but if its a place you NEED to go in the game then you'll most likely get what you need later on...

3rd qustion .. its abit hard to tell but its something to do whit the damage of the weapons , your str and you weapons skill .. but i dont know if its added together or it works in some other way but it all counts

4th qustion... you can make gods angry but not by take stuff from the shrines .. so knock your self out .. it only happens if you pray twice at the same shrine aday .. whit a shrine of innos there just not gonna happen anything and a shrine of belir you get hit by ligthning and take some damage

5th qustion ... as far as i know a golem can be killed whit anything as long as your strong engouth but they do take more damage from some things .. ( stone golem dont like hammers or maces )

6th qustion ..
you can fight them all for some nice exp .. but the truth is you dont really need to go down there ..
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:49 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by Uocjat

2nd qustion .. well i dont know what cavee you are talking about but if its a place you NEED to go in the game then you'll most likely get what you need later on...

Well about the second questioIt's near the black troll in the north forest close to a stone circle.Outside there is a convoy and a few dead skeletons.
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:40 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

well never been there so i guess its not a place you need to go .. but im sure its quite possible to find what you need you open the thing ..
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:50 pm
stocker
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Uocjat
well never been there so i guess its not a place you need to go...

Usually you find best stuff from places you don't need to go. ;) If I remeber correctly I found near that cave a ring of invincibility.
Anyways I already found whats needed for the winch(it isn't possible to open in in c1)

Now one merchant wants that I bring snappers claws to him. Question is, is it worth to use 5LP for learning this skill or should I just ignore this quest. Do you get later in the game quests with all other hunting skills too? If so then I shouldn't bother with this one at all.
Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:31 pm