Usergroups
The worst CRPGs you ever played...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Zakhal
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Legends of valour.(1992?) The greatest hyped-heir to dungeonmaster turned out to be the greatest crapper.

Return to Krondor was a dissappointment. And boring.

Diablo I&II boring. Never even bothered to try when i had then on loan from friend.

Gold box series, the second and third generation. Second was poor, third sucks beyond belief.

Arcanum, which i played trough to the final end left a depressing aftertaste. Dunno why but just thinking of it gives me shivers.

Some very small parts of my soul still wander in the catacomb mazes of Daggerfall looking for a certain piece of art. (I actually did find it after X hours of searching but it feels like i never left that place.)

I dont "get" Final Fantasy series. Bought FF6 but didnt understand whats so biggie about it. Not my taste.

Oh yes and...

Everlever, Anarchy Online and other friends of evercamp are the worst pieces of games ever beared the title "roleplaying game". As well as hack'n'slash muds ala Zombie and Bat.
Post Sun Oct 13, 2002 5:01 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Zakhal
Legends of valour.(1992?) The greatest hyped-heir to dungeonmaster turned out to be the greatest crapper.

Return to Krondor was a dissappointment. And boring.

Diablo I&II boring. Never even bothered to try when i had then on loan from friend.

Gold box series, the second and third generation. Second was poor, third sucks beyond belief.

Arcanum, which i played trough to the final end left a depressing aftertaste. Dunno why but just thinking of it gives me shivers.

Some very small parts of my soul still wander in the catacomb mazes of Daggerfall looking for a certain piece of art. (I actually did find it after X hours of searching but it feels like i never left that place.)

I dont "get" Final Fantasy series. Bought FF6 but didnt understand whats so biggie about it. Not my taste.

Oh yes and...

Everlever, Anarchy Online and other friends of evercamp are the worst pieces of games ever beared the title "roleplaying game". As well as hack'n'slash muds ala Zombie and Bat.

you sure do hate a lot of crpgs............

anyway, the 2nd worst crpg ever imo is gorasul, its so boring.

I understand your frustration with daggerfall, its so damn monotonous and confusing that it makes you wanna cry

Last edited by hoyp on Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:24 am
Tharsonius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Lands of Lore 2 - first big hype in CRPG history?

and

Neverwinter Nights - one word: boring... boring quests/story, long and boring conversations, sterile and boring graphics... great disappointment, I cant believe this are the guys who created the wonderful BG & BG2
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:22 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I loved Lands of Lore 2 !
But NWN is very boring, at least for me. Yes, it#s one of the few I didn't bring myself to finish.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:28 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

nwn is overrated beyond belief

its so boring. the battles are even more boring than morrowind
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:39 am
SamaRy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

For me, it would have to be Septerra Core and Realm of the Paladin.

Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:10 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

What do you have against NWN? I really liked this game :].
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:34 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Yea NWN was cool as hell for me too
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:50 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Shrapnel
Yea NWN was cool as hell for me too

I am glad to see someone who like NWN too. But I would say that it was cool as heaven not as hell - but just my opinion :].
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:53 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

No game is for everyone. NWN's single player starts of hellishly slow... things don't really get exciting until chapter 3. The fights are D&D fights. Long and drawn out. I found NWN's fights much more enjoyable and balanced than I'm finding IWD2 fights. Mostly because I hate reloads, and IWD2 will have you reloading every few minutes and sometimes five or more times in certain fights (if you're like me and reload whenever a party member dies).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:44 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
No game is for everyone. NWN's single player starts of hellishly slow... things don't really get exciting until chapter 3. The fights are D&D fights. Long and drawn out...

I also think NWN's later chapters for SP is much more fun. Plus, until now Bioware still frequently releasing a new patchs. Bioware's previous titles never as buggy as this one. Wonder how long it take to reach the final patch...
Post Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:41 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
No game is for everyone. NWN's single player starts of hellishly slow... things don't really get exciting until chapter 3.

You are right. I just do not see reason why talk about NWN in worst CRPG topic :].
Post Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:05 pm
wolfgard
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hehe...i liked Lands of Lore 2 and NWN is indeed boring. Played it halfway, then went to buy IWD2 (which was great!). Tried Morrowind, but got bored of it quickly...

Worst RPG? I would say the Final Fantasy series, followed by Pool Of Radiance 2 and Descent to Undermountain. FF is all about mutated freaks running around with big blades or some weird stuff. Not to mention the crappy dialog and dumb story. PoR2 and DtU? They are buggy as hell. The only reason why I bought DtU was because I liked Descent 2, and PoR2 because it was D&D3rd edition.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:50 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Did anybody but me try to play Thunderscape?
It looked cool, but didn't run very stable on my machine all those years ago. I heard it had terrible reviews at the time but I just couldn't find out if it was as bad as they said since it didn't run for more than five minutes in a row... :/
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:19 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

Thunderscape is not soooo bad, and it runs even now on my newest computer.
Post Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:25 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next