500 EXP early at the begining of the game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

500 EXP early at the begining of the game

When you have to get into the city go to the gate and head right, follow the city round until you are at the other gate.

Next head up the hill towards the bandits light house and go straight past it towards the sea

You should be able to find a way down by climbing about a bit on the rocks and end up in the habour district

Once your in go and talk to Lares and you get 500 Exp.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:07 pm
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yup, yup there are, to the best of my knowledge, a couple of ways into the city where you can get the 500 exp points. Plus you should know that you can also get back out of the city again and still have the quest to enter the city via the "pretent to be a farmer quest" and get the 25 exp points there.

Also if you pay more for the farmer's clothing in the beginning or just borrow the farmers togs when you go to see Canthar you dont get the quest to get Sarah thrown in jail unless you admit to Pablo that was your picture on the wanted poster when he accosts you in Khorinis later. (for those who like having Sarah around at her stall through the entire game).
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:21 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

I also found a way to enter the town to get 500exp. But you should have knowledge of how the city looks inside to do it. It is possible to jump over the walls on the right side of the gate. You will then be standing on the wall next to the upper city entrance. Then, you can jump off from there again, and up to the upper city. Simply drop your armor at the point you want to jump from, stand on the armor and find the little trick to make it up. However, you cannot go back down to get your armor back yet. Now find the location of the Shrine where Xardas is. Climb up the wall behind it and jump to the roof of the shrine. Be careful though. If you fall outside you will die. To go safely down from the shrine use the jump button and land where the ground is closest, it's just about the lenght you can jump down before it will kill or damage you. If you try to run down you will fall, face first, and die. So then, you are in the city.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:41 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

You can enter the city also from Lobart's farm side, where there is a small canyon, leading to the cave. At one spot there, you will be able to climb on that wall and get to the harbor part, where paladin ship is. Note that it is not easy, because also in that part of the forest, on the way, is shadowbeast and orc scout. Also, there's a lizard in that part of the harbor.

I did not get 500 XP that way, though, eventhough I went and spoke to Lares. Maybe I didn't get it because I had already spoken with Lobart and had farmer clothes, perhaps it should be done without speaking to anyone.. I'll try it one day.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:25 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

The most easy way is to climb the wall on the right of the gate (just the first one, when you come from Lobart). There's a place where you can climb the wall about say five passes from the gate, very closeby, so don't walk too far. Jump down and you'll land on the stairs leading to the upper quarter. It doesn't matter if those guards see you, now go to Lares.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:55 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

altough this is an old topic but I'm surprised nobody posted about the EASIEST (and quickest) way into the city.

at the entrace to the city, there are two guards. the left one stops you, the right one not. is that simple just sneak past the right one (you'll have to jump over that dryed brook)... make sure you don't get near the left one and you should have no problems

a piece of cake

I always use this trick and it doesn't even involve any climbing at all

that +500 xp at the begining is always handy...
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:31 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Or better still,

Do the full dialogue sequence with the first Bandit (with poster) he will then be on your side, then go in and kill the two bandits, get the leather armour and put it on, now when you get to the city gate with the two guards you can just walk in, the left guard says "you look like you got money" or something like that, then you just walk in.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:43 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

But I doubt you get any xp for that.. the point of that xp bonus is for sneaking into the city unseen. it's because lares is a sneaky bastard too, so there is a connection.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:40 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yeah,

I suppose its "swings and roundabouts" with this, - - you do of course get the xp for killing the two (or even three) bandits, then if you talk to the first sheep farmer and say you killed all the bandits, then you get good xp and again, free entrance to the city, and the leather armours sure comes in handy
for some good gp.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:54 pm