Help! Physically stuck!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Help! Physically stuck!

I'm on the 3rd bough in Trynton, in the room where you get the Zuzu petals. There's a little bridge you cross over to get to the petals and there's some shallow water on either side. I'm physically stuck in the water! It doesn't make any sense to me. I walked over there to check for any hidden items and now I can't get out. It looks like I should just be able to walk out but it won't let me. I haven't saved in a few hours either. This is really pissing me off. Am I just missing something here?

The top of the water is just a tiny bit lower than the floor. It looks like I should be able to just walk over it but I can't.

Update: I've tried everything but I can't get out! Just to be clear on this, I can move around no problem in the water. It just won't let me walk over the edge to get out. Has this happened to anyone else?
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:22 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

It have never happened to me and actually I don't see a way how to get out of there, sorry. Probably someone else has an idea...
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:02 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I've been thru there and not gotten hung up. You've got three options I can think of:

1) running start- assume you've already tried this, but aim for a corner when you do it
2) town portal- you probably don't have this spell yet, but that would be a sure thing
3) save/reload- you've probably tried this as well. Get yourself packed into a corner and save (different slot!). Exit completely out of the game and then reload. That will often reset the collision detection.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:02 pm
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Woohoo! I got out...with the help of a pestilant Rat! I was about to just give up and go back to an old save when I thought I'd give it one last try. I was running at the corner over and over to no avail when all of the sudden a single pestilant rat wandered into the room. So I thought maybe if I went into battle mode I could walk over the edge of the water and get out. Well, it still wouldn't let me walk out even in battle mode. Then the rat came into the water after me and was sitting right in the corner. You know how sometimes you can run and slowly squeeze between enemies or between an enemy and an object during a battle? Well I ran at the rat and aimed between him and the corner and after a few seconds I popped over the edge and was out of the water!

As soon as I got out I saved the game and walked back into the water. I promptly got stuck again. Seems odd that the developers missed this.
Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:48 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I guess you didn't get any XP reward for solving this though riddle :].
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:47 am