View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

quote:

On 2002-03-01 17:14, ffbj wrote:
Soap opera's? Man that is pure punishment. She wants a girlfriend, not a boyfriend.

I think you're right. I just don't think she realizes that yet.

[ This Message was edited by: The Hulk on 2002-03-01 17:23 ]
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:17 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:

On 2002-03-01 17:14, ffbj wrote:
Soap opera's? Man that is pure punishment. She wants a girlfriend, not a boyfriend.

Punishment? That's TORTURE! Daytime television (i.e. soap operas, talk shows, game shows, etc.) ranks right up there with having your fingernails pulled out with pliers.
Post Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:16 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Talkshows are especially vile to behold... how can somebody force people to watch them? That's gruesome at best.

Darnalak: Hehe, good. You two must be some evil people . If you're a Pratchett reader, think of Captain Vimes...

[ This Message was edited by: sauron38 on 2002-03-03 16:53 ]
Post Sat Mar 02, 2002 1:21 pm
VirtuousMetal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You must have more temperance and disapline my son. If you every wish to enter into the brotherhood. Here have some weed and think about what I have said. hehe

Hi just got the game a week ago and hey, I'm not playing right now.

My wife and I like to play SOME games toghether. We share The key board (kinda) I usually walk and fight And she takes care of the goods (she has to pick up EVERYTHING) and talking or what ever depending on what game we are playing. We have alot of fun. Like she will say "OMG theres a monster RUN. I,ll say "Fear not I'll ruff him up". Fighting noises. dead again, Load game, Wife "arrgggg you didnt SAVE THE GAME!!! I lost all my stuff." Sounds of husbund being smacked upside the head.

With Gothic I find myself playing alone |:0
"Oh honey im just practicing my fighting skills." When really I just want to go where I want to go and do what I want to do. Gothics story line is just to compelling to wait for her to pickup that 300th mushroom lol.

Don,t let my wife read this
Post Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:08 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

My little niece (4 1/2 years) and I sometimes play computer games together. I walk and she directs me. That worked out fine in Torment or in Deus Ex (we strolled through Hongkong where I knew nothing scary would happen at first), but unfortunately... her favorite game nowadays is SERIOUS SAM! Yes, both 1 and 2. We go into Tourist mode, I walk and she shoots. Whenever a monster comes, she hops up and down in gleeful panic, shouting 'Shootshootshootshoot' and forgetting to hold her little finger on the mouse button . It's not a game for a little kid, I know that, but she obviously doesn't . It has this certain Helloween scarecrow charm kids seem to love, and so she always urges me to play 'the game with the beautiful man (-> Sam) and the scary monsters'.

Her parents nearly laughed their heads off when I told them. But Clara (my niece) doesn't like Gothic a bit... probably because it's not colorful enough for her taste.

Post Sun Mar 03, 2002 10:30 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

'The Anon Post Fixer' has struck again.
Post Sun Mar 03, 2002 10:55 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Hey Jaz,

Do you really play the beefy guys? I would've liked a female character as well, I kinda had a hard time thinking of my character as "me".
Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:23 pm
the COOH
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

This is the first interactive game that I have played on the PC, and I couldn't pull myself away from it! I'm a college student so I should be studying or sleeping, but all I do with my free time is play Gothic. I have been reading these posts since the first of the year, so I decided that I should join, and not just be known as "anonymous". This forum is great!
Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:08 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:

On 2002-03-04 17:23, Gig wrote:
Hey Jaz,

Do you really play the beefy guys? I would've liked a female character as well, I kinda had a hard time thinking of my character as "me".

I certainly do; there is the rare female character I can relate to, most are disproportioned (though I'm not the big, brawny type myself, on the contrary ) or suffer from serious attitude problems... though I appreciated it that Unreal's default protagonist was female. So chances are that in games with a 1st person perspective I choose the female while in games with a 3rd person view I tend to choose the guys... something to look at

I also wished for a female in Gothic, though, despite the diffiulties it would have posed. I even wrote about 40 pages of a Gothic story from a female street kid's point of view

Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:55 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

[quote]
On 2002-03-04 23:55, Jaz wrote:
"there is the rare female character I can relate to, most are disproportioned"

No kidding! It's silly how much sometimes, but still, it doesn't seem as sureal as a guy character to me.
Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:22 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2