View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Remus
Do you know how many male that really like playing beach Valleyball (in reality and virtual reality)?. Why we have game like Dead and Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball?
Hey now, I played beach volleyball (well, sand volleyball- we don't have many beaches in Indianapolis) until my knees simply refused to cooperate any further.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:54 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Well, I've jsut started playing Summoner 2 and the voyeuristic content is extremely plentiful for both sexes - for a change - lol. Maia's dressed in, tightish, hipster pants and midrif top, with a nice stretch of naked shapely stomach in between (she does has a lovelly navel tattoo ) and Neru's dressed in TIGHT pants (he's circumcised - I told you they were tight , lol) and a collar thingy that has straps across his broad muscley back (and he has the sexist voice I've ever heard on a game). So at least in this game there's perving, oopss I mean - eyecandy, for both sexes.
Excellent game btw.
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:05 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

I just wish they'd make a PC version of the game.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:21 am
Managarm
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Because of Neru's tight pants that show off his...?
Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:06 am
corwin

No, because I really enjoyed the original game and would most likely enjoy the sequel just as much.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:33 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

His hairdo? Which is also very sexy btw
I'd rate Summoner 1 9/10 and Summoner 2 13/10 But, hey, I'm biased, I just like a good story.
Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:37 am
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm a bit late to the party but I figure so what. As Val pointed out, there are portraits which aren't the scantily clad, heaving bossom, sex goddess types, and isn't the game play more important that what the characters are wearing (or not wearing).

I think women's lib has gone a bit too far. After all, watch TV. Advertising often paints males as idiots who can't cook, clean etc. and women as vacant bimbos. I think more and more women are getting offended at jokes, and males are being portrayed as morons. eg. ad on Aussie TV that was pulled for Barbeques Galour (guess what they sell). Man and woman sitting in peak hour traffic and she's going on about "did you turn the oven off, and the hot water system" etc. and then a voice over says "feel like a different kind of roasting this weekend? BBQ's Galore has BBQ's starting at....". The ad got pulled as the women's groups all got up in arms over it. I just think a joke's a joke, and scantily dressed fantasy characters should be the least of our concerns.

I wish my biggest problem in life is that I could not find a game which had realistic costuming for the period- or that the characters were not more like "real" women and chubby. That's another thing (off topic I know)- with all the hype about how thin models are and how they don't portray real women, it's the women that buy the clothes, and the shoes, and the perfume from the stick figures. One of the underwear companies did a series of ads in Australia with larger size models (size 12-1 and their sales plummeted. I don't think guys would buy a lot of underwear for their women (if they got the size wrong they would be in for a serious fonging- too big "do you think I'm that fat" too small "so you want me to lose weight") so I can only put it down to fat people (like me) don't want to see other fat people on TV. I went and got one of their bra's (to show my support for their campaign) but obviously the general public didn't appreciate their efforts.

I'll get off my soap box now. Thank you.
P.S. I'm not saying chubby people are sucky. I'm one, but I think women's lib needs to take a step back and see what women were fighting for. the right to vote, the right to work etc. Even the ATO didn't have married women iin the workforce, or equal pay until the '60's. That is what we wanted, and we got it. We should be happy being equals, aand be able to take a joke.

I'm really getting off my soap box now. Thank you again.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:22 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Well said Kayla! I like yer soap box.
Yeah, my life should be so empty that that's all I've got to grizzle about - but I wanted to hear people's opinions - and men's too
Post Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:38 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

@Kayla: Thanks for reminding me why I don't watch TV anymore.
Post Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:41 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Is this thread moving towards the border of another forum (AOT)?
Or is it just the cloud of oestrogen in here, that confuses me?
Post Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:43 am
Northchild
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I call TV the "want-box". Not that the Internet is social-crap free, but I feel like I have a greater ability to control what I take in when I'm surfing the web. I stopped watching and haven't owned a TV in four years.

I like my game characters fully clothed, unless they're swimming or something. It takes a lot of time and talent to design decent costumes for real time characters, and it's nice to see artists not taking the easy way out unless it's called for.

My all-time favorite game has been Silent Hill 2 for some time now, partly because the main character looks and moves less like a superhero and more like your average guy.
Post Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:05 am
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sorry for going off topic, but I still maintain it was related (ever so loosely).

I agree. I'd prefer to have characters with nice costumes rather than little faabric, but at the end of the day, the game play is more important, the clothes are very much down the list of what I look for in a game.

I think fantasy games are a bit of fun to put you in a different world and I don't think the clothes are really of much importance.

I play for the story, which is why I don't own the volleyball game.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:29 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

The female form is to be adored, for it is the greatest of God's creations. Speaking as one of the devotees thereof, I can say that armor clad or wrapped in silk, waifish or full figured, it's all good to me...
I often play with female chars, they just look so much cooler in battle, and i seem to care about them more than male chars.

Ive always had a crush on Branwen, she rules ='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:46 am
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

I hate when games are sexist by having women be tough. I could beat up 5 women at the same time at least. I think in rpg's all women should have -10 to strength, -5 to inteligence, -10 to wisdom, -20 to constitution.
Woman have always been weak and pathetic and less able than men.

Don't get me wrong, they are good at cooking and cleaning, and of course talking, but does any of that relate to a game? Maybe the talking part. It just drives me nuts when RPG's have -2 str for a race whose males are larger and stronger than 99% of women but being a girl doesn't get you any penalties.

Women are sissies, hence the term sissy girl. Or calling a wimpy guy Mary. Or girly.

Take my wife for instance. She's pregnant now and just whines all the time. Whine whine whine, my back, cry cry cry, I'm pregnant. I bet she'll cry during labor too. What a sissy. If I was giving birth I would laugh and shoot my daughter out like a rocket and then go straight back to my work. I'm glad I'm having a daughter so I can teach her right and let her know that females are inferior in every way to males besides in the area of nagging, crying, whinning, and talking too much.

Thats just my opinion though, discuss amongst yourselves.
Post Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:16 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

LMAO! I wouldn't have expected anything different from you Roqua.
I think you should just put up with the crying and whining - after all YOU made her pregnant!! So you deserve everything you get.
Post Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:27 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next