NOTR questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Snome
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

NOTR questions

Before someone bites my head off, i've searched through the forums and can't find the answers to these questions. If i've missed a topic i apologize beforehand.

I'm deciding wether to buy the german add-on and use the translation mod. So i've got a few questions concerning the add-on.

1) It costs more to LP's to enhance skills and abilities at later levels. How is this spread, for instance at skill 10-30 1 LP, 30-60 2 LP, 60-100 3 LP, etc.
2) You get more experience so more levels. What kind of level will you end up with (50 ish or 100 ish) ?
3) The add-on world is more dangerous, even in khorinis. Does this mean you have to wait to clear out Khorinis until chapters 2-3 ? In the normal G2 i clean out the entire Khornis area before even joining a guild. Is this possible with the add-on ?
4) What about the new guilds, i read that you can join them all but only in a certain order. Is that true ?

Thanks for helping my decide
Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:23 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

1) It costs more to LP's to enhance skills and abilities at later levels. How is this spread, for instance at skill 10-30 1 LP, 30-60 2 LP, 60-100 3 LP, etc.

Exacly something like that

2) You get more experience so more levels. What kind of level will you end up with (50 ish or 100 ish) ?

Actually not much more than in plain Gothic 2 cos the new monsters wont give u awfully much exp and many creatures dont give u anymore that much exp like they gave u in plain gothic 2 , offcorse some creatures like orcs give now much more exp than in gothic 2 , but u get well lets say 3-5 levels more than in plain gothic 2

3) The add-on world is more dangerous, even in khorinis. Does this mean you have to wait to clear out Khorinis until chapters 2-3 ? In the normal G2 i clean out the entire Khornis area before even joining a guild. Is this possible with the add-on ?

You cannot enter gothic 2 addon world without joining the guild first like i understood , at least when i was playing i couldent do that.

4) What about the new guilds, i read that you can join them all but only in a certain order. Is that true ?

That is correct
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:21 pm
Snome
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks !
I see why the add-on is considered so difficult with only 50 or so new LP's but skills that cost a whole lot more
Now i heard that there are stone tablets which give some more skill and also that the old ways to gain stats have been altered. You can eat 25 apples as many times as you can find them and still gain 1 strength everytime. Have other ways to gain stats changed as well ? For instance the shrines to innos (more or less then 10 times) and the various bonuses you could get ?

That is correct

Lol is the order apparent or do i need to know it because i might otherwise join the wrong one first ?
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:52 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I'm not sure how many it takes, but eating lots and lots of Dark Mushrooms increases you mana +5. This appears to be never ending. I've gotten this bonus 5 times so far, and am currently in Chap. 3

I was dissappointed to see that the ability for a bloodfly stinger to completely heal you stops working very quickly. I guess that's part of what makes the game harder.

But don't be put off by the idea of it being harder. An experienced Gothic player shouldn't find it too difficult even now. The add-on is definitely worth getting. Only 10 hrs into it and you probably couldn't imagine playing the game without it.

I reached level 15 when I joined a guild playing the original - with the add-on I was at lvl 13. So you can see that there is still plenty of experience to be had. The creatures are definitley tougher, and they've compensated for this to some degree by greatly increasing the number of magic scrolls available. So even trying to become a warrior mercenary I found myself using magic to get the edge in a fight more than ever before.

As far as the new guilds go, the order is almost unalterable, so you shouldn't worry about that. You must join the Circle of Water before you even get to meet all of the Pirates and Bandits.

I hope this helps, but again, you shouldn't be wasting time finding this stuff out from us. GET THE GAME!! If you're a Gothic fan at all then you'll probably crap your pants it's so awesome!! At least I did
Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:05 am
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I can't believe how much they raised the requirements for some of the weapons. Some swords now need twice as much strength to wield!! Of course they also do more damage. With the amount of LP's it takes to train now, you can't be good at everything. It seems you have to choose between
one and two handed weapons and also bows and crossbows. You can't get enough LP's to get real high in all four of them.

Question.. what does the hero say when you try to use one of those stone tablets early in the game? It's in German and they didn't put in a subtitle for it.
Post Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:55 pm
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

he cannot read those ...you have to learn old language from myxir (one of the water mages) ..then those stone tablets come useful ...very useful ...
Post Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:56 pm
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Borntoeat
he cannot read those ...you have to learn old language from myxir (one of the water mages) ..then those stone tablets come useful ...very useful ...

Will I know what to do when the time comes? I'm using the English translation mod, are the tablets translated?
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:23 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You cannot 'read' them the way you read books. Once you know the ancient language and 'use' a tablet, it will raise some stats/skills (If I'm not mistaken... it has been a while since I played it).
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:43 am
Snome
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for all the info.
One more question : i've read in one of the posts that you can pray more than 10 times in the addon. Is it still limited (eg should i wait with praying untill my skills are at a higher level so the lp gain is higher) or can you just pray once a day, unlimited ?
Post Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:08 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

i think that if you pray to belliar twice you get hit with some kind of lightning and you loose sth (can't remember)
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:57 pm
Snome
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I meant praying at the shrines to Innos
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:34 pm
Snome
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think i found my answer on the german gothic forum.
They say (roughly translated) that any character can gain the following bonuses from praying to innos in NOTR :
10 STR
10 DEX
20 Mana
Unlimited life (3 per prayer)
The catch is that once you choose a guild, some of the bonuses become off limits. For instance after becoming a mage the STR and DEX bonuses are no more. But, you keep the ones you already have .
Now i want to become a mercenary, so after joining Lee the 20 mana bonus is off limits so i should get those before joining (and since i don't intend to train any mana i will not lose any LP's for doing it early in the game).
If this is true, you should pray to Innos every day, because every day you don't at least get a life bonus is a lost one.
Now my question, has anyone verified this ? I've tried to gain mana with my guildless character but after 30 tries i gave up. I did get all of the other bonuses while trying.
Thx.
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:28 pm