help with dragon hunter status
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
roxanna13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

help with dragon hunter status

I can't get Xardas to go to the circle...he keeps telling me I'll never survive against dragons. From reading the forums I thought I needed the light dragon armor (which no one will sell to me). I don't know why no one will sell it to me...I usually wait until the last minute to do anything so I didn't join the merc guild until after talking to Xardas and sending the 2 other men to the circle. Lee sold me some merc armor but that's it. Bennett won't come up with the option either. So finally as a last resort I marvined the light dragon hunter armor...and Xardas still won't go to the circle...he says my equip won't hold up...I have dragon slicer, I had the light dragon hunger, I'm lower 20s in level...I've tried with strength over 100 although I keep it at 80...I can't think of any reason or fix for this problem so help would be appreciated...thanks
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:35 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: help with dragon hunter status

quote:
Originally posted by roxanna13
I usually wait until the last minute to do anything so I didn't join the merc guild until after talking to Xardas and sending the 2 other men to the circle.

How is this possible? You have to join a guild in chapter 1 to receive the key to the pass from Lord Hagen. So how can you join the mercenaries in chapter 3?
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:41 am
roxanna13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

nah he gave me the key when I was only working for the weapon guy in town (I'm bad with names!) - maybe you mean cause the guard at the door wouldn't let me in? I snuck in behind him I finished every quest I could before I joined a guild (only 2 left are sextant and the eye) - I can't think of a thing I missed.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:44 am
isthisunique
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Medium armor

I had the same problem. I gave Bennet (blacksmith at Mercenary camp) enough dragon eggs and he made me the medium dragon hunter's armor. Then Xardas went.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:53 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

strange... when you free bennet (ch3) and go to the merc camp... he will give you a light dragon hunters armor...

quote:
Originally posted by isthisunique
I had the same problem. I gave Bennet (blacksmith at Mercenary camp) enough dragon eggs and he made me the medium dragon hunter's armor. Then Xardas went.

that is not possible, you need dragon scales to get the medium armor... adn you can only get scales in ch4... and you can only go to ch4 when all three magicians are at the circle and made the eye.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:42 pm
roxanna13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

He definitely didn't give me the armor...however I did free him and talk to him before joining the merc camp which I'm assuming is my problem....but it just won't fix itself

quote:
Originally posted by Neo_Genesis
strange... when you free bennet (ch3) and go to the merc camp... he will give you a light dragon hunters armor...

Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:37 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

yes... that is the problem... there are 2 solutions for this.

1- load a game were you are in ch1, and become a merc.
2- insert the light dragonhunters armor with a code
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:03 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You are meant to join a guild in chapter 1. If you didnīt do this you probably broke the game.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:35 pm
roxanna13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I wish I had known that at the time!!
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:19 pm
Barlon2
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Mad posts..

Ya we've tried to warn people in all of the forums before Don't join a guild after chapter 1...it's possible yes but causes many problems in the later quests and parts of the game
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:26 am