View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

What is up with Gorn?

I just found the old camp guys{jackal, etc} at the free mine {new camp}
and talked with em, found out they rather fight then talk it out or just die:)
so first i get some distance from the 4 guys and i kill one of them so then i can deal with the rest, then i shot some arrows at jackal, he dies and all of the sudden gorn jumps of the mountain part onto the house comes running at me , draws his axe and attacks me...so i reloaded my savegame, and after i killed the first old camp guy i went over to Gorn and see what he would say, the fool said" why do you always have to pick on me" i don't get it..i think this might be a bug cause i never attacked him once and now he goes attacking me when i kill jackal{and gorn isn't a friend or old camper, he's a new camper} so is this supposed to happen or should i run away for some while and come back and hopefully gorn will be normal again???

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:25 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Fuck gorn.

Damn this guy is getting on my nerves and is seriously annoying me
bigtime, what the hell is up with this fag!!! damn....it's a bug that's for sure...i was getting attacked by more guys in the free mine, so i attack back..and the lil fag gore goes attacking me..ok...i can forgive him this time...then we climb down one ladder, and i stand on the ledge of the platform, i see someone down below and is shooting arrows at me...Gorn acts fucked up and says nobody messes with my guys and the lil fag draws his axe and attacks me once again!! i wish i could KILL HIM...and him not having an immortal NPC life.

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:08 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

It's a flag/script bug. He'll be normal as soon as you did your job at the free mine. This is one script bug you can't cure with F8, so just ignore him for the time being (or park him somewhere if possible).

And please, mind your phrasing - using swear words of a certain nature is against the RPGDot forum rules and might earn you a warning. Yes, that goes for your signature as well.
Post Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:53 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Just stay away from the area where Gorn is. Go up the opposite end and shoot arrows.
Post Sat Oct 12, 2002 5:28 pm
Bau
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This had happened to me as well.Is a huge bug.
he will not kill you but he will leave you out of cold.It's better to tell him to wait for you at the entrance.
But if you cant handel the olds alone let him fight them,if you do not hit them he will not start hiting you.
Post Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:50 pm
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The best way to avoid getting attacked by Gorn is by killing your enemies without getting hit by bolts ... Get some fire storm scrolls ... cast the scroll and when the guys are burning grab your sword and the guys will die ... I think this is a bug that makes the firespells the best spells ... with fire storm i can even kill a troll and only use one scroll because i grab my blade when the enemy is at fire !!!
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:10 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

ah this old chestnut, was there ever a patch made for that??

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:33 pm
Ricky
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I dont think so ... Maybe 1 of the 1.08 patches would put an end to it.
Post Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:36 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

i think Gorn is an idiot.I wonder if it has something to do with rice snaps
Post Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:24 am