Something weird with Xardas
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Something weird with Xardas

I thought that there were those goody fire mages, they put on the Barrier, and they were surprised, because the demonic power of the Sleeper interfered. But Xardas was interested in necromancy far before he went to the Valley, he kept demons in the cellar of the Monastery. So he SHOULD have noticed the Sleeper before the Barrier's creation, no? I mean, if someone summons Demon Lords, he must sense a power as great as the Sleeper's. So why did he not do anything? At the end of G2, he says he wanted to be the Chosen of Beliar ever since he left the Order of Fire. So
1, He says he left the order before he went away (maybe just turned away from the words of Innos)
2, Or he had an other reason to make the Barrier extend.

Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:04 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Re: Something weird with Xardas

quote:
Originally posted by megadav
I thought that there were those goody fire mages, they put on the Barrier, and they were surprised, because the demonic power of the Sleeper interfered. But Xardas was interested in necromancy far before he went to the Valley, he kept demons in the cellar of the Monastery. So he SHOULD have noticed the Sleeper before the Barrier's creation, no? I mean, if someone summons Demon Lords, he must sense a power as great as the Sleeper's. So why did he not do anything? At the end of G2, he says he wanted to be the Chosen of Beliar ever since he left the Order of Fire. So
1, He says he left the order before he went away (maybe just turned away from the words of Innos)
2, Or he had an other reason to make the Barrier extend.

He said that he wasn't sure about the demonic powers of the sleeper.

I think it's the first.He wanted to find the answers(orkwar) and turned himself towards black magic.

Don't know .I'm not sure .We'll find out in gothic3 I suppose.
Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:11 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

How can one be NOT SURE about demonic power? He either sensed it or not. BTW, I don't trust Xardas since the G2 outro...
Post Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:08 pm
Sir Ballen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yo. Damn it. In G2 in the monastery cellars Xardas writes somthin like it's veery good if the king thinks that the barrier was created to make sure no one gets out. Because, in truth, it was created to protect somthin inside or the the outside world. The problem is, I don't remember anything exact . Gotta read it again...
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:16 am
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Welcome to the forums .
Hallom, van ADSL.
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:43 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Why are you going on the forum asking questions and close it before the answer is available, some said that he want to read it out then give the answer, why??
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:12 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I don't quite understand. The signs mean that the text between them is not about the topic, because I don't think that everyone knows Hungarian, and I wanted to show ir somehow.
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:43 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ballen
Yo. Damn it. In G2 in the monastery cellars Xardas writes somthin like it's veery good if the king thinks that the barrier was created to make sure no one gets out. Because, in truth, it was created to protect somthin inside or the the outside world. The problem is, I don't remember anything exact . Gotta read it again...

This thing is interesting but the king needed the ore.If he wanted to protect the outside world from something he would do something else.

So:

The king needed the ore and created the barrier(ordered to create the barrier).The magicians did that but Xarda's had it's doubt about it.Anyway they made it and were trapped.If Xarda's new this thing would happen he wouldn't participate it the construction of the barrier.Of course if he was sure of that he would have warned the king about the threat and they wouldn't make the barrier.

One question:Why did the barrier exploded when the sleeper died .What do you think.
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:52 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Two possibilities:

1)The daeth of the sleeper made some huge powerswhich destroyed the barrier.

2)Their were some conncetion between the sleeper and the barrier.
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:20 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

That's what I'm talking about.I can't understand what's the connection betwin the sleeper and the barrier and what powers where unleashed when the sleeper dies.

If there were some powers then he must used them all to bring the dragons.
And if you have seen in the video there's a big hole behind him.What's this thing .And why the hole killed him .
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:31 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

They created the Barrier in a place where the Sleeper's power "was in the air", so it somehow mixed with it and got out of control. Because the Barrier had the Sleeper's power within too, the banishment of the Sleeper affected it deeply.
I would say that the "hole" is a portal to Beliar's Realm, and I even say that Beliar protected the Sleeper by calling home. I guess we would somehow could kill it. And in my version of the story, the Undead Dragon got the power of the Sleeper by Beliar. He told something like he knew us, end of G2. And Xardas gets the wanted power at last. But there was a whole thread about this earlier.
For the topic, if I were a High Magician of the Order of Fire and sense something demonic in the air, I wouldn't agree to disturb it, especially if I knew a lot about demons.
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:28 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Well the portall is closed now but Xarda's has the power.Maybe he'll die and use the power to stop the orcwar.I don't think he'll get out of controll.But I still don't trust him.

Anyway the halls of Irdorath are destroyed.

There's one more temple in the southern ilses of beliar.

One more thing.At the end of the game somebody watches your ship with a telescope.Hmm.Maybe pirates.Propably Greg from the add-on .

I know it gets off topic but it's for gothic3.
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:38 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I guess Xardas could use the war very well, he lets both of his enemies weaken down the other. I don't think he will remain independent from Beliar much more, he just can't.
Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:44 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

@Patriot: What the hell are you talking about, who's greg???

@Topic: I think that the hole is a portal, when the sleeper died, Beliar took his power and added it to the Undead Dragon, when the Undead Dragon dies, Beliar took his power and made some creatures to take the artifacts in the Add-on, when those dies, the power goes to Xardas, when Xardas has it, he starts to go off insane, he feels that and write a note for our hero, then he is insane, our hero kills him and the power is now sucked by the hero, which then dies and the game ends.
It seems that i created my own game.
Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:29 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Greg is the leader of the pirates in the add-on.In his diary he says.I'm planning to make a ship and go to Myrtana.....

@X:That's a good theory.My theory is:

inos gives us some power to kill Xardas.When we do that our power are weak and belliar's powers tries to occupy us.Of course Addanos'll help you to keep this powers and use them to destroy the last temple located in the southern isles and stop the orcwar.
Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:29 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next