Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Horizons: Empires of Istaria (PC, MMORPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You got in?! Aw man, I'm still waiting.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:18 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Is beta 3 an open beta?
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:47 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Not that I've heard.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:49 am
Drugov

Atari Australia update relaese date...

to 14th Nov 2003. But thats probably just for us aussies.

www.atari.com.au
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:36 pm

Drugov

oops...

or more precisely here...http://www.atari.com.au/product/?action=view&id=1280
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:38 pm

RedTiger
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Dagda

They is some talk of subjicated races with in the game that the players may be able to free and open them up to all the players on that server as player characters.

OOO! that is an awesome idea. I'm still trying to get more details about this game. So far i've been intrigued by the talk about the dragon characters and such. What's the timeline for release for this?
Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:44 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Im not sure, but beta is going along smoothly so i estimate maybe before christmas.
Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:30 pm

the only thing horizons has going for it is its crafting system, which will eventually get boring just like the never ending undead slaying boring PVE..

EQ with tradeskills, oh boy.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:33 pm

They are doing the US pre-orders through Electronics Boutique who list the ship date at Nov. 11th. Like Drugov said, the Australian release is currently scheduled for Nov. 14th. I’m not sure about the European release date, but they just started beta last week so they’ll probably be a few months behind everyone else.
Keep in mind that MMORPG release dates are almost always pushed back, but I’m sure their publisher will be pushing for it to come out before Christmas.
quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
the only thing horizons has going for it...

And exactly how do you know that? Why don’t you wait for it to be released before you give it a negative review?
Post Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:08 pm

hollaholla
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I have to disagree..Horizons has a lot going for it...of which the crafting system is huge...but of which more so you have a complete community which relies upon others for everything...land building....weapons...armor...you name it!

Just for fun...take a look at these screenshots on a German website which show plot building....

http://horizons.gamesurf.tiscali.de/screens.php
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:22 pm
RedTiger
Village Leader
Village Leader

Those screenshots make it look like the building/construction system is going to be a large part of the game. Are there going to be advanced craft classes to get? Do they talk about how much of a community effort the builds are going to be? Are the dragon characters going to have lairs? I've never been too into crafting but this looks rather interesting.
Post Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:36 pm
Ozplayer

EB in Australia have the unoffical date for Horizons getting into their warehouse on the 29th of October and it usually takes 5-7 days to get into
the retail stores. But the EB guy said that the date may not be exact as many game come in late (Who has ever heard of an MMORPG being delayed !!! lol ) So expect Horizons to be avaliable to all the people who pre-orded in Australia on about the 6th-8th of November

Got my copy pre-ordered and paid for BRING IT ON !
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:47 am

Ozplayer

EB in Australia have the unoffical date for Horizons getting into their warehouse on the 29th of October and it usually takes 5-7 days to get into the retail stores. But the EB guy said that the date may not be exact as many game come in late (Who has ever heard of an MMORPG being delayed !!! lol ) So expect Horizons to be avaliable to all the people who pre-orded in Australia on about the 6th-8th of November

Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:48 am

Ozplayer

EB in Australia have the unoffical date for Horizons getting into their warehouse on the 29th of October and it usually takes 5-7 days to get into the retail stores. But the EB guy said that the date may not be exact as many games come in late (Who has ever heard of an MMORPG being delayed !!! lol ) So expect Horizons to be avaliable to all the people who pre-orded in Australia on about the 6th-8th of November

Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:49 am

Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Anyone heard what the system requirements for Horizons is?
Post Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:44 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next