Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Dungeon Siege (PC, Single- & Multi-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Elonion

When the editor gets released, the game will be totaly diferent because anything is possible you CAN create new worlds, spells and anything else, if you ca nbelive the creators. <br>=) <br>I think that will make this game something new because you can have Diablo if you want, but you can have somthing more too.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:16 am

Skunk Works

The only problem I've had with it is there are too many long streches of fighting the same sort of creature it sort of drags. If I want a good story and in depth characters I get 4 friends and play an old fasion RPG(like we did back in the 70's and 80's)I like my computer games mindless so I can save the story stuff for those carbon based life forms all around us....any way DS is a tad slow in giving the goods oh yea If another knuckle head sugestes going back to crap 800x600 Diablo2 they need their heads examined 2d 3/4 view went out with the dodo...DS is all we really have for mindless H&S and thats a shame
Post Thu May 02, 2002 2:19 pm

Pure_Gamer

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
Post Fri May 03, 2002 12:14 am

Ahnteis

You people saying no multiple saves are on drugs. As many saves as you want. Just can't use the same name. (Duh)
Post Fri May 03, 2002 8:26 pm

a rabid cow

Dungeon seige was a joke. The game is so straight forward its boring. They should of made the continent one straight line because your never going to return to anywhere you've been. And I wouldn't call a game lasting only 19 hours "long". You could add some hours to that if multiplayer was even worth playing but i can't say it's anymore exciting. Mindless hack and slash in this game is all the same and gets very boring after awhile.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 3:20 pm

pure_gamer

ok bottom line. this game is ok, but i mean c'mon. chris taylor could have done a hell of a lot better then this sh*t and yes i do mean this game is sh*t and your stupid to pay 50 bucks for it. yea yea yea the graphics are preety good and all but that doesn't sell the game. there is not enuff gameplay at all the story juss, well flat out doesn't make since "oh a bunch of faggot monsters are gonna take over my kingdom" and he then turns in to sum big super hero all the sudden from a skinny farmer. i mean please
Post Mon May 06, 2002 1:42 am

Robert F Beck

I need to say that pure 3D, even with the lattest hardware can sometimes be a bit slugish compared to DII. I mean Diablo II is mostly bitmap graphics, but even on my well tuned high end machine, the pure 3D of DS is a bit slugish and "alised". I mean in Diablo II you have similar RPG action characteristics without needing to fiddle with your driver settings. Who cares if its rendered in sprite 2D or in true 3D. Prue 3D has its limitations, in terms of bugs, lag (even in single player), alasing, and over all tightness. When I play DS I feel like I am playing Everquest, when I play Diablo II I feel like I am playing a tight, fast moving game. DS is a better game conceptually than Diablo II, but its graphical slugishness ruin it's raw appeal. It's too "loose". It's too undone. Sorry.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 7:09 am

Dave

Great game, great graphics...one major down-fall: You spend a whole game building a character's levels and when you finally make it to the end and kill the bad guy, you have to start all over again...from the bottom. One good thing about Diablo and Darkstone, when you completed a game, you started the new game at the level you were at when you finished the previous game. This way, you could really build up the character. Is there any place for me to take my party once I kill that last guy, Guarm, Ghom...whatever his name is? I can't find the exit!
Post Tue May 07, 2002 8:07 pm

noname

Dungeon Siege has the best graphics for an isometric-type game (yea, I know it's 3-D). <br> <br>But, the character system is very very shallow. I love skill based systems. So skill based is a big plus. But there is no depth to it. It's just way too flat. There are really just 3 skills: melee, ranged, magic. And melee is just swinging your sword. No special attacks, no tactical variations. Ranged is just shooting bow. Again, no special attacks, no tactical considerations. Magic is just firing spells. No spell trees, no depth whatsoever, no tactics to learn. <br> <br>Basically, set your guy to attack everything, move freely, pick your best attack mode and go to sleep, more or less. Brain not required. Boring.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:30 am

Slashdog

DS is highly overvalued. I must confess that I was really dissapointed when I finally got to play it. No story whatsoever, no character interaction, repetive gameplay and very unbalanced (thinking about Nature magic). The latest news about the beta toolset and the needed patching just makes me want to cry and wish for Neverwinter.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 10:27 pm

elkoos

Geez U people saying all that stuff, never thought that this supposed to be sthng like Diablo? Only in 3D. I disagree with opinion MP suxx - it;s the best part of the game. Anyways, it's worth it's money, if Ur seearching for advanced RPG try Morrowind or others like it I love Hack&Slash, and since my great dissapointment over lasting of gameplay in Diablo 2 i was amazed with this title. And for the monsters- they change MUCH more often then in D2, so just everyone - bug off this topic THX for attention and good playing for U @ll
Post Tue May 14, 2002 10:54 pm

Ryanaaa

Umm, sluggish performance on good systems? I have a measly P4 1.6 GHz with a Geforce Force 2 32 MB vid card and a parsley 256 mb ram and I have POSITIVELY NO SLOWDOWNS! It's hard to believe DS would run slow on a pimped out Falcon Northwest (the best computer makers in THE WORLD. If you think a Dell or Compaq, no matter the specs, would count as godlike, you're a moron). So in short, everyone STFU DS r0x.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:24 am

pure_gamer

well i actually got into the game a lil further and it does actually get better so i take back all that bs i said earlier this game is alright it will b better when i get the editor dl'd.... o and to the guy who said falcon northwest comps are the best comps in the world needs to get his head fixed...alienware comps are the best gaming comps u can get..juss for the record
Post Wed May 15, 2002 10:42 pm

Mattias Kreku

Everyone who enjoys walking in a straight line for 20 hours in a row while pressing a PAUSE button with irregular intervals say AYE now! <br> <br>NAY.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 1:04 am

pure_gamer

well atleast the npc's say somin diffrent unlike the ones in morrowind
Post Mon May 27, 2002 4:09 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next