Gothic 3 - E3 Trailer @ Gamers Hell
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Gothic 3 - E3 Trailer @ Gamers Hell

Gamer's Hell has posted a 2:45 minute in game movie from Gothic 3. The footage was captured at E3. You can download (105Mb in hi res, 15Mb low-res) it <a href="http://www.gamershell.com/news/30208.html" target="_blank">here</a>.
Post Thu May 11, 2006 9:24 pm

It is AMAZING, a truly Gothic game. I've falleni n loev with the waterfall
Post Thu May 11, 2006 9:26 pm

Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Looks rather like a souped-up version of the previous engines, despite being totally different. I don't think it will compete head-to-head with the best "next-gen" games (although that waterfall was amazing) but I still like the look and feel much better than Oblivion and other "plastic"-looking titles.

Can't wait.
Post Thu May 11, 2006 9:38 pm
nna simoen

falleni n loev agane
i nvr wantd too
whut m i todo
i cant hlep it
Post Thu May 11, 2006 9:40 pm

if you expect me to register only to be able to correct typos, you can relax and wait
Post Thu May 11, 2006 9:47 pm

"Looks rather like a souped-up version of the previous engines"

and thats a bad thing? The graphics in Gothic 1 and 2 werent amazing but they had a special memorable feeling to them and it brand the world to life and its probably one of the best pc rpg's i ever played.

It looks really nice they made the graphics alot nicer but also kept the gothic look and not destroying it like most games they said they wanted to keep that Dirty Gothic feeling.

If i remember correctly their using a modified engine of that sid miers pirates game.

Damn four months its going to take forever Oblivion didnt even hold my interest longer then 4 days before i deleted it and was to bored to play the main quest.
Post Thu May 11, 2006 11:13 pm

Dhruin

Is that you, Fatty? Perhaps we can work on your comprehension and get a real conversation going, although I'm not holding my breath. Here's a hint to get you going: no, it's not a bad thing - read the second sentence.

And no, they are not using GameBryo, which is actually the same engine as Oblivion used. I believe they used a very heavily modified version of the new 'The Guild' engine.
Post Thu May 11, 2006 11:36 pm
Wolfie_

What does it matter which graphics engine they've used? Both Oblivion, and Morrowind before it, have proven you can have a graphically beautiful game-world, and still not produce a RPG which will appease everyone. Admittedly, I'm an old-school game player, so RPGs were never about the graphics for me, game-play is king, and Gothic has each and every time managed to hook me in, even with it's real-time combat (which I am usually very vocally against), somehow Gothic has always had just the right combination of features to make it FUN.

Post Fri May 12, 2006 12:24 am

ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
Is that you, Fatty?

Thanks my soda just went through my nose. Why not rename "Guest" as "fatty" perminently?

Nice trailer BTW. Innos will be pleased with this one
Post Fri May 12, 2006 2:16 am
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
overweight related activities...

Back on topic! The draw distances in that waterfall shot - you can clearly see this game will hit our rigs like Oblivion. I am curious whether G3 will prove Gamebryo to be a total hog or not.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 2:25 am

A recent review of Gothic II posted on this site while ago.

quote:
This is one of those few but fun RPG’s where almost everything is attackable. And yes, you even get experience for beating up those poor innocent townsfolk. However, there are of course disadvantages to acting like a hoodlum. If you beat someone up with a melee weapon, they are only unconscious. They yield any items they were carrying, and needless to say, said NPC will no longer respond kindly to you. Be careful not to do this to potential quest/reward NPC’s, at least until after you’ve completed their tasks. There is a spell later in the game that will wipe their memory so they like you again, but it’s expensive. If you empty their life bar with a bow or a spell, they automatically die instead of being knocked out. Again, be careful not to kill the wrong NPC and miss out on a nice quest or reward. Also, while in some parts of town it’s okay to walk up and duel people, in other parts you can be punished for it. If multiple people witness you beat up or murder someone, you get fined for each person that reports you. Going the hoodlum route means you’ll have to be crafty in selecting your hapless victims, in other words. Oh, and don’t bother attacking major storyline characters. You’ll know them when you see them, or find out the hard way when you attack them and learn they are invulnerable. Be sure and Quicksave often if you’re a mischief maker in this game.

I wonder if chosen-one setting and quick-save function of single-player RPG may have certain responsibility on producing children who think the world is revolving around them.

IMO, the freedom of gameplay is one thing and sophisticated content is quite another.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 3:13 am

I love Gothic and The Elder Scrolls ... they both are awsome in thier own ways .
however that's not the issue here.
Long live Gothic!
In the name of Innos.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 6:26 am

Garrett

it doesn't look as spectacular as expected from the first renders i'm afraid...and the trailer ist rather boring as well compared to the hellgate london movie or the dark messiah gameplay movie...hmmmmm
Post Fri May 12, 2006 8:09 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
And no, they are not using GameBryo, which is actually the same engine as Oblivion used. I believe they used a very heavily modified version of the new 'The Guild' engine.

They are using the same technology as The Guild 2 - which is Gamebryo. And they´re also using SpeedTree. I doubt this matters much though. It´s not about the technology. it´s about what they make out of it.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 9:22 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett
it doesn't look as spectacular as expected from the first renders i'm afraid...and the trailer ist rather boring as well compared to the hellgate london movie or the dark messiah gameplay movie...hmmmmm

Their trailers are always rather boring. I can´t remember a single good Gothic movie.
But doesn´t mean anything for the actual game. It only tells us they don´t have as much money to spend on marketing as Ubi or Flagship/Namco.

IMHO the new footage looks much more convincing than the old one. These renders looked rather unimpressive.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 9:28 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next