View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Firen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Few questions, gameplay. Important.

Hey there!
My Character is level 4 or 5, has around 20 Learning Points which I have yet to use. I know how to Trophie a Body and Forge Weapons. I serve the Militia.
What I would like to know is wheter I should go with Bow or Crossbow?
Another question is should I learn One Hand weapon or Two Hand weapon?
And my last question is if I should learn any other Skills? Such as Sneak, Alchemy, Rune and such.... And if you can guys explain to me about Alchemy and Rune Creating.. Thanks.

Summary:

• Bow or Crossbow?
  • 1 Hand weapon or 2 Hand weapon?
  • Should I learn any other Skills?
  • Can you explain about Alchemy and Rune Creating?

Thanks!
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:05 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

first of all, Welcome to the Forums!

it's you own choise to choose bow or crossbow.
bow can reload a lot faster (33%) but a crossbow requiress less dexterity and is a bit stronger.
about weapons, it's also your choise. one-handed weapons are faster, you can swing left and right, so the opponent can't hit you. but two-handed weapons does more damage.

for extra skills. it would be wise to learn pickpocketing and/or lockpicking. sneak can be handy when you need to into somebody's house and steal something or kill him.
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:18 pm
Firen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Never thought that you can sneak with Sneak into people's houses and open the Chests... But Lockpicking is needed.

Ive heard that I cannot learn Pickpocketing because Im in the Militia and the person (NPC) who teachs it is a Thieve in the Thief Guild. True?

Thanks for the welcome.
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:21 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

if you take off your armor when you go to the secret guild, people will learn you the skills.
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:23 pm
Firen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thats cool .

Do you guys happen to know what is in the Chests that are being guarded by a Miltia man? Its right near the entrence that you first enter the city. There should be some Sowrds there no?
Im asking because Im not using the best Weapon now... Im using a sword that I forged which is nice but would like better.
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:27 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

there is almost nothing, only a chest with leather armor.
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:32 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Now you're a militia member you can't create runes, you have to be a mage for that, you are able to learn alchemy from some characters like saggita.
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:37 pm
Firen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My PC is having some problems latley with GII... The game get stucks too much ofthen... Really too much. And when I have to power-shut it down, sometimes it wouldnt turn on...

Anywho, my Character is level 7 now with 35% in One Hand Combat, 15% Two Hand (it learned it for me when I did the last One Hand)... 30 Str', 11 Dex', 10 Mana...

People such as (the wise as far as I know :p ) Neo Genesis advies me to learn Picklock or Pickpocket but I dont really want to put any points in Dex when both of them require a lot of it.

I was wondering if there are any Guides for Mages, Warriors and such...? Are there any?
Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:29 pm
CandiedGoat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You'll find items to raise your dex, so you can end up with a pretty decent dex even if you never spend any LP on it.

Lockpicking is almost essential. Without it, you'll be missing out on a ton of the treasure out there (many chests that you find in the field, or guarded by foes are locked - it's not just something for stealing from the townsfolk).

Pickpocket is a fun skill, and there are some quests you can only do with it. Again, you can raise your dex through items, so hold off and you'll be able to pick anyone.

And yeah, I've never seen Neo steer anyone wrong.
Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:14 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

thanks fot the kind words

as for the dexterity, it would be wise to train it. not only for the lockpicking/pickpocketing, but also for bows/crossbows. and it doesn't matter really if you will spend much on dexterity. in the end of the game you will have plenty LP left... (50 or 60... even more maybe)
Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:07 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

@Firen

Try this, cause my game locks up now and then. You don't always have to power down. When your game locks don't press another key except alt-ctrl-del. If windows brings up the task manager then you can just stop the game and restart it again after finishes closing. Saves a bit of time. Not much less frustration, but at least you don't have to start machine from scratch every time if it works. If you have pressed another key before trying alt-ctrl-del and task manager doesn't come up but your mouse cursor does, then you have the 'magic invisible' ( ) task manager and if you can remember which keys to press it still works.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:23 pm
Firen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where can I find those items? Until now Ive only encountered one (Goblin Berry? Something like that) and I ate it... So I have 11 Dex.
The Lockpick sounds better after reading few posts. Do diffrent Chest require diffrent ammount of Dex? If no, what is the min' level that I need?
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:24 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

no, it requires dex so you have better skill, how higher you dex is, how less you lockpicks will brake...
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:02 pm
CandiedGoat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You'll find more goblin berries. Don't eat them. if you spend a little bit on Alchemy (you'll have plenty of points), you can make potions with them that add 5 to dex, rather than the 1 you get from just eating it.

Another place to look (just to get you started) is near Onar's Farm. Be sure to talk to Fester...
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:58 pm
Firen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What exactly does a Magic Circle mean?

How much Dex do I need to open the Chest that contains the special sword? Orc Slayer?
Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:50 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next