Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!(final thieves guild quest problem)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - Spoilers

Author Thread
mr addison
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!(final thieves guild quest problem)

When i walk into the room with the statues and the key hole pillar it tells me to look around and push the button. i do this. i push the button to open the door to the maze, push the button after killing the lich, then when i come back to the main room, nothing has happend. I play this on xbox 360. if anyone has had this problem or has any suggestions please let me know.
Post Tue May 02, 2006 11:42 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Xbox 360. Not good at all . As far as I know, all you can do is reload over and over again.
This means that you will also have to play through this one part over and over again, i.e. from where you get the message to lower the walls to pushing the two buttons (one to lower the wall for the secret passage and the other one that is meant to lower the walls in the great hall) to going back to the room with the two walls to see if they were lowered correctly so you can step onto the plate from where you need to perform the shot.
This is going to be very tedious because the enemies respawn every time when you go from one area of the dungeon (where the walls are) to another (where you need to push the buttons) and back.

I had the same problem on PC and had to cheat ('collision off' so I could fly through the walls) to get through this part. Not sure what other options -except for reloading- you have on the X360.
BTW, make sure that you really reload the game. I don't know how the X360 works. You need to make sure that the memory is cleared. When in doubt, restart the game.

Good luck... you're gonna need it .

P.S.: This is how it's supposed to work (according to a walkthrough at Planet Elderscrolls):
quote:
quote:
These walls look like they are meant to move. Maybe the place I need to stand to fire the arrow is behind them. I'd better look for a way to get through them.

Note there is a door here. Open it, and push the button on the left. This will open a secret door in the chamber below. Follow that path until you find another button. Push this to remove the walls in the big room where you got the messages about how the walls were "meant to move". Go back there, and get rid of the new enemies. Stand on the plate between the two red crystals.
Post Wed May 03, 2006 8:37 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Oh. I had the same problem (walls didn't move), but to be true - I didn't know that it was supposed to be an error because I didn't find the buttons in the first place.
I used Jak Springheel's boots (after unequipping everything else and putting heavy stuff down on the floor) to jump to the platform between the 'moving' blocks, but not from straight behind (never managed to do a good jump from there) - I jumped from the small ridge to one side of the construction. It's tricky, and you have to jump in a half-circle (kind of), and it took me about 100 times to get it right (I even fell through the world after landing on the rim of the platform for the first time, only to reappear at the room's entry), but it did work after all.
Post Thu May 04, 2006 5:04 am
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Haha, good one... I tried that, too, but after a dozen failed jumps or so I just gave up and took the lazy way out . Good to know that it's possible though. Maybe my 'mistake' was to not unequip everything (I didn't know weight affected jumps tbh). I got close to making the jump but I always slipped off the ledge.
Besides, I was sooo pissed off that this GREAT quest line had to end in such a moronic bug that -would I have failed just one more jump- I would have put my fist in my monitor or thrown my comp out the window .
Goes to show that -except for cheats *cough*- there's no match for the power of female patience and perseverance... good job, Jaz .
Post Thu May 04, 2006 10:33 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Weight affects speed, and thus it also effects running jumps. Had to unequip things often in Oblivion itself to get across those broken bridges.

As for the rest, I'm not sure it's meant to work, as it wasn't possible to jump across at the obvious place (backside of the platform). Perhaps I just found a collision hole in the invisible wall - after all I fell through the wall and floor there once, too (the famous Daggerfall effect).
I came from the side with the broken pillar. My nth running jump from the narrow which lead to the side of the movable block did work.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 5:09 am
mr addison
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks for the tips ive tried everything. it didnt work so i said f it. im really mad at beth. if they make a game they should test it enuff to where it doesnt screw up ON A MAIN QUEST!!!! Thanks again
Post Sat May 06, 2006 8:23 am