View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Casper99
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Turning Plates - Shield of Elder

can anyone help me please?!!!!

I am stuck on the XBox version of the game. In the room where you see the ghost who tells you to 'honour the gods' by using the turning plates. I think I understand what to do and can see where to put the carved symbols on the columns, for the second part of this task, but I just cannot touch or move the plates - they aren't activated so that I can turn them!

Am I doing this correctly? Is there a spell you cast or a secret to this task? Please help me as I have been stuck on this for weeks - it is slowly driving me mad!!
Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:07 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

First, Welcome to the Dot!

I don't have the xbox version, but as no one has answered I will try and get you going. Whatever you do to USE something, that is what you need to do to the stones to turn them til the right pattern appears on all of them. Don't put your carved stones on the pillars until you get the second cut scene telling you to do part two.

You should be able to use the turning stones and they will move. Click on the design in the turning stone itself, not the top or case if you will. Nothing else is needed.
If not you may need to reload a save from before you go in and activate that first cut scene again. Hope you get it worked out.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:55 pm
Casper99
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for that Cm. I've gone back, but it still won't work - it just won't recognise that I am looking at the symbols on the plates at all.

I'm really gutted as all of my saves are after the cut sceen - so the only option is for me to start the game all over again. This would be the 3rd time I've started it as bugs stopped the game for me before (it kept on freezing at a certain point and just wouldn't let me go on with the game)....

After all these weeks of gaming, I don't think I can bear starting it again, so maybe I'll just have to wait to Arx 2?!! It's a shame as I really enjoyed the game and wanted to complete it, but all the bugs have made it just too frustrating!

Thanks again - happy gaming!
Post Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:52 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Try sending an email to jroby@arkane-studios.com. He has helped others here with game issues. He is one of the devs. I hope you get it. This game is so much fun and you have yet to see the best of it.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:07 am
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It is no reason to start the game all over, all you have to do is to put the carved symbols on the columns in the order of the inner circle ( the sign on the plate that are closest to center ) Because on the Xbox version the turning plates are pre set. So go on playing
Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:54 pm
Casper99
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Really? I know I tried putting the stones on the columns before, but some of the stones disappeared, others didn't....I assumed I was doing it all wrong, but now I'm going to go and try again!

Thanks to both of you for your help...I didn't want to end the game without completing it!

I'll let you know how I get on....
Post Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:41 am