Usergroups
Free in every box, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and sleep deprivat
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
theskank
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just wanted to say that this is the best game I have played in my life. In fact it too good. I can't go to sleep, I must play on. This disserves to win best game of the year, hands down. So I just wanted to say that to those who made this game happen. Also I have never raved about a game before. This is just unbelievable, I had to say something.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:09 pm
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Ya I know, its friggin awesome. I have been playing 5 days straight, 16 hours a day. Parents are thinking I am becoming wierd because I havent left my room except to get food. I have never played a game for more then 5 hours straight. I don't know what it is about this game, but I just can't stop playing. The 16 hours a day feel like 2 hours and whoever said this game can be finished in 30 hours is full of shit.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:25 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I know what you mean. Looks like I'll be buying every sequel they make and if they decide to go with codecults new engine the game will enter greatness…

Sylvio
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:34 pm
Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yes, I agree that Gothic should win a lot of game of the year awards! I haven't played the full version yet, just the demo, but I will buy it when it comes!
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 12:03 am
Leandar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I totally agree. I have missed a lot of classes due to the fact that at night I can't put the game away. It is extremily addictive. I know I am taking longer than I should too, but that is because the game lends itself to doing many things apart from following the main quest. You see, I realized yesterday that I would like to be able to hunt like hunters do. So I spent around five hours improving my bow skill from zero. At that point I also decided to learn the sneak ability. All of a sudden, I'm sneaking around forests killing game and just fantasizing with the idea of actually living in a different place. Almost 8 hours went by without even touching the main quest, amazing stuff.
I won't even get started on the emotional rush I felt when fighting the orcs at the graveyard. I love their designs and weapons, exactly the way I imagined they'd look after many a D&D novel.

I am worried though that many of today's "twitch" gamers who are more action oriented will faill to see the many qualities Gothic has to offer. Being an RPG vet myself, I am still discovering new stuff this far into the game. For some this may be too much. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that teh more influential game sites will review Gothic favorably.

my2cents

Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 3:55 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I like to be a thief from the New Camp.

I run around every camp mugging people.
I don't buy anything. If I want it, I'll beat the person up, then take it.

It's like a daily thing. Every now and then, I'll expect my payment from the NPCs.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 4:27 am