Test of fire - Let me perplex
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Test of fire - Let me perplex

I am quite perplex in front of the Test of fire for the mage guild. After reading the 3 quests at least 100 times, I made few crazy attempts arround 2 of them and achieved nothing. I tried gave a quick look in a walkthough to check if I could grab a hint for one of the 3 quests. I only gave a quick look to avoid strong spoil but I fall on stuff totally unkown by me, at least for now.

Well what's that? I'll be mage and will start learn magic only after to have explored all the world and eventually finish the game?

Any comment on this? If possible avoid spoils or only small one.

I don't want yet read fully the wlakthrough if I start this I'll never stop and could discover much more than I would. But my current feeling is that designers are crazy and should stop hit their heads on the ground.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:36 pm
fragonard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I agree. The monster quest seems impossible to figure out unless you have a strong hint about what weapon to have. I had to check the walkthrough for this quest.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:14 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Monster quest? Are you speaking about the Test of fire quest or of another one?

I dunno what you are speaking about. Perhaps it's the stone monster quest? It's exactely the one I tried quick check in the walkthrough.

And for this one for me the problem was less the weapon than to find where is the monster:
- I even tried to take the guardian of the weapon as the monster. That's full logic: What never sleep? Only rocks, he never sleep so he was the stone monster! .
- I also looked as crazy on the map if I could figure anything that could look a bit like a stone monster but nope.
- I also check various location with circle stones to see if I could summon anything with the weapon, nope.

Anyway do you mean the 2 other quests are much more obvious?

I desperatly read them both and get absolutely no idea for the rune quest. I have zero clue on where I could find a rune and even zero on where I could find a clue to help find a rune!!

And for the magic quest:
- I tried to check on the map where was looking various statues to see if there was a focal point, nope.
- I tried follow a path by walking in the direction where they are looking to see if they build a path but quickly give up because of obstacles.
- I also tried to prey/donate to all of them but give up when I realized that to discover them all I should explore all the area and probably finish the game.
- I also checked all closed door I could remember, nope.

Ha well for this one I could think that better in a magic point of view, something I forget to do. Anyway the few I see about the stone monster quest got me desperate about what designer could require. That seems to me totally crazy.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:03 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Dam, I just met Igaraz (doing the magic test also) and he gave me the hint on where to find the golem.

Well it's quite fun the way I got the hint but it's dam too random. You should get a hint first because I bet you need walk not far from the right road and anyway look at the right direction where he is.

Ha well, I'll try do this one and will see the other after.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:38 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

ok I'll try not to spoil the quests for you, first explore the monastary fully and talk to everyone and I do mean everyone no matter how low they are , anyway for the actual test, follow the shirnes, that's not a spolier right?
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:51 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Rune hint: Find the Black Troll, cross the bridge....what you seek is not far from the shrine behind the vines
Magic Golem hint: Walk out of the monastary and jump left off the bridge into the water. Swim left until you can get out of the water. Go UP the path. If you reach a bridge you have gone to far.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:33 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Thanks for helping, for the stone golem it's done with the in-game help given by Igaraz. For the two other quests I didn't made any progression but my char did and I get disturbed by exploring new area and trying (successfully or not!) achieving other quests.

Guys thanks for the hints, but well Uriziel you didn't gave me a hint but the walkthrough. Ok not a big problem I'll survive.

Otherwise, speak to everybody in the monastery? I did so but perhaps not after I got the Test of Fire. I'll try again, after all there isn't a lot of people there. Shrines was the good way and follow the shrines? Intereresting hint and focus, thanks, I'll try play arround it.
Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:11 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Ok thanks for the help, 3 quests done. The end of the Magic test is quite fun, very well done. But before, so roughly before meeting Ulf, it is lacking of a better hint. The problem if that they are post-hint they don't say you really the direction but "confirm" you follow the right way. This involves more search (and doubts!) than thinking.

For the rune quest, well I feel it as a bad idea. Additionally I don't have enough Learn Points to finish it yet. So a level up to do before, ha well it took me so much time so a bit more is ok!
Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:34 pm