Usergroups
Do YOU think the Addon will be realeased
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Members of PB browse the forums from time to time, especially shortly before and after a release. Don't expect them to do it every day, though.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:00 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Members of PB browse the forums from time to time, especially shortly before and after a release. Don't expect them to do it every day, though.

Wel the last post in our site(I mean world of gothic) was from Mike but it was in the German forums.I doupt the guys from pb's will do any post int he English world of gothic forums if they are made (all this work for nothing but I can end up somehting else that moderator in the English site).

Ofcourse I hope one day the guys will do some posts in gothic3.net .

The guys don't talk about gothic3 but in Mike's profile(see the translation in the English gothic3.net first newpost)some questions were made about gothic3 but not much things were said by Mike .
Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:04 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

GRRR what do i care about G3 which is still years away, I just want that Add-on anr real fast or ill have to buy the german version (i just dont believe in that translation mod)
Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:20 pm
Balrog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I bought G2 add-on from internet and i have install the translation mod.I dont believe that there will be an English add on befere G3 release.They will wait to see how G3 Engl version sell and if they get enough money from it they will release the G2 add-on maybe in a gold pack with original G2.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:41 pm
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

So everybody say the english addon will not come out soon and there is no feedback from PB, then why are we still debate this?
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:57 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'll bet ya they do...

Sylvio
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:21 am
Rordog
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

@tolgerius
believe in the translation mod, I have played it and they G2Att did a fantastic job for the english gothic players.

The english add-on will more than likely not be release any time soon (that ship has sailed so to speak) From a marketing standpoint G2 is an old game with a relatively small (but very loyal) following. (Small following in comparison to some big box titles in the gaming industry). The fact that the game has a limited receivership leads me to believe that such a dated release of the add-on simply does not make economically sense from a revenue standpoint for whatever company has control of it. Keep in mind that it will still take a tremendous amount of funds to release the english expansion what with marketing, distribution, and other costs, that it more than likely would not pay off.
Thats what I think anyway. Feel free to point out a different view.
Don't get me wrong I would love to see an English version and I would snap it up in a second even if I only played it one more time. I just don't think it will happen.
later, rordog[/list]
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:18 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4