Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Star Wars: Galaxies - An Empire Divided (PC, MMORPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I will be starting as a Droid Engineer. After that i will be a warrior type guy fighting for the Rebellion in the galactic civil war.
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:41 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I guess I'll start as a smith..I don't exactly know how the skill trees will work out exactly, but I want to be able to build the best armors (or weapons..haven't decided) in the game.

We all need to agree on a server, as well. There is a list over at the official site. They're all the same, but different groups have signed on at each server already. As it is SCS, we will have to be on the same server (we won't be able to switch chars once we start).

Any suggestions?
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:56 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I suggest a western usa server with the highest population.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:32 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

From the swg FAQ:

1.18 What are the names of the Galaxies (Server Clusters)?

You will need to pick a Galaxy for your character to play on. We are including the names of 20 of the first galaxies to help you coordinate with friends before hand. The servers' physical location is listed next to the name. You are free to join whichever server you choose since they are all essentially the same. We have plans to put servers in more locations including internationally, but not for initial release.

1. Ahazi US West Coast
2. Bloodfin US East Coast
3. Bria US West Coast - Currently the Beta Server
4. Chilastra US East Coast
5. Corbantis US West Coast
6. Eclipse US East Coast
7. Flurry US West Coast
8. Gorath US East Coast
9. Intrepid US West Coast
10. Kauri US East Coast
11. Kettemoor US West Coast
12. Lowca US East Coast
13. Naritus US West Coast
14. Radiant US East Coast
15. Scylla US West Coast
16. Starsider US East Coast
17. Sunrunner US West Coast
18. Tarquinas US East Coast
19. Valcyn US West Coast
20. Wanderhome US East Coast

I suggest Bria as our initial server. This is the Beta3 server, and I'm certain that many beta players will remain there once the game goes live. There will be a lot of relationships developing in the beta period, and many of the people/pa's will remain on Bria.

What do you guys think? Bria server, Tattooine start?
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:33 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

I'll go with any server, dont matter to me. I have a great connection and Im not worried about the lag too much. I just want to make sure that we will all be on same server.
Is anyone on here now already in beta and has some friends/connections?
Pioneering the game ourselves will be fun, but slow
If we know a few people from the beta already that would give us a great headstart
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:18 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

9. Intrepid US West Coast

This will be one of the most popular / populous servers actually, merely because it has a cool name... so i suggest Intrepid... i read on a poll a while back that Intrepid will be the number one server in terms of population...

I dont know anyone in beta unfortunately... although one of us still has a chance at making it...
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:27 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I'm either playing a Trandoshan bounty hunter or a Mon Calamari explorer/map-maker. It depends entirely on how much water there is in the game and how cool swimming is. I love to swim in MMORPGs... but I've never played in one where there was a POINT to it.

Well... besides in Anarchy Online, where I once ledi a mass Atrox (genderless) suicide by drowning on Wedding Day in the lake by ... uh... damn... the independant capital city.. while the weddings were being performed.

You'd think I'd remember the name, as I gave a few speeches there in character that actually had people going 'is this an event'? Funny what roleplaying does in a MMORPG. Then some idiot sniped a guard...

Oh well.

A PA is a cool idea, but there's no way I'm being a tradesman right away.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:12 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I'm only being a tradesman to load up on a ton of money. After that i will be an adventurer/explorer/rebel type person.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:29 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Intrepid sounds fine to me. I don't see that it will make much difference except, as stated, the number of ppl on the servers. I also don't foresee that being a problem, as this game is on top of some sales lists, and isn't even out yet.

I want to be a tradesman/crafter to supply my PA or guild or whatever with cool stuff. I've never been a crafter, so I think it will be pretty cool. I was pretty into the alchemy side of Morrowind, when I played that, too. Don't get me wrong, I will still travel to other cities/planets and explore, but my first main character will be a crafter. I will probably have some skills in pistols, too, just to take care of myself in the wilderness.

I don't know anyone in Beta, personally...wish I did, though.

Wouldn't it be sweet if one of us here unlocked the FS slot and could become a Jedi? I think that would be pretty damn cool...

Anyway..I will post here if the Friday update is significant.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:36 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

After reading the friday update, i'll point out that, darn its going to be freaking boring being a crafter. I'm kinda having second thoughts on that... I mean, i've never been a crafter ever in a game because i am always out adventuring and stuff, always content to earn my way through mission payments and treasure, not sitting in one place and crafting all day long... Even though droid engineer sounds pretty cool, i dont think i will have the patience to be a crafter immediately. So i think i will earn the PA some money through the good old fashioned way of mission payments and treasure-hording. I really really really wanna be a ranger and/or bountyhunter. That will rock. I have to be true to myself, you know.

And i guess i will try out crafting a little later just in case adventuring doesnt pay off like i expect it to. But i am thinking bountyhunters make plenty of money... Oh and dont forget that our PA wont really have unchangeable leadership since there is that voting and allegiance thing implemented in PAs -- personally i would rather not be the leader, i would rather just in a supporting councilor-type role (officer i guess)... But of course i will be one of the original founders

Intrepid sounds good. We should also decide on what faction we will be. I vouch for the Rebellion because, well, they arent bastards like all Empire scum are. Now you know how i feel about that, hehe Down with those ancient evil sith bastards !!!

Eventually a ton of people are going to have a jedi slot... It is just a matter of time, according to recent dev posts... Which is well and good since most players want to TRY jedi eventually. Permadeath is going to really curb the amount of real Jedi Knights though, by a great deal. So the slot is attainable, especially for hardcore players, but actual skills with the force will be a rare thing, hence Jedi will STILL BE RARE. That is what the devs are talking about. Of course i dont know what to do to become force sensitive, all i know is that devs have recently stated that it is only a matter of time... Which is really cool, imho...
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:40 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Well, I say that we should not declare allegiance initially, because once you do, the other faction can attack you at any time. i.e. if we come out and say we're Rebels, anyone who is allied with the Empire can come barging in and kick our butts. However, if we avoid declaring ourselves, then we can contribute to the Alliance until we get stronger. That said, I am not against joining the Empire, because I think 80% of the people will join the Rebellion. I guess we'll see how many ppl from here want to join up, and take a vote or somethin..

I don't think we need a "leader"..I think, in time, it will be clear that some of us will be online much more than others. I, for one, have school, work, and a wife, so my time will be pretty limited. That's another reason I'm looking at crafting as a profession, I want to have plenty of time to familiarize myself with the game before becoming a warrior type.

The way Q's post read (the developer that posts to the SWG forums), there will be basically 2 types of crafters, designers and manufacturers. Designers will do the research, find the materials, and put together a prototype. This will develop a set of schematics, which can then be used by a manufacturer. I think I will shoot to become both of these, as I don't think our small group will need 1 of each. Hopefully, I can prove my worth by developing some cool gear for the adventurers of our group. You guys give me cash and bare resources, and I fine tune it to a nice little toy for you to use in the field..
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:09 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

It all depends on whether individual PA members declare themselves as overt or covert. Also we could declare war on any other PA we want. I am all for faction-based PvP and that will be a big part of the game for me, but i realize some of us wont want to participate in PvP, but thats what being covert is for It would be too chaotic if we were made up of both factions or neutral -- it helps to focus on who our enemies are without having to worry about backstabbing within the guild. Anyone, like crafters, who dont want to be involved too much in the galactic civil war will declare themselves as covert -- being on our side, but not directly participating in PvP... The system they have set up is beautiful...
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:40 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Yes, I agree, they really outdid themselves on the PvP system, if it all goes according to plan.

Whatever faction our PA allies with, I will most certainly be covert. I don't want to be strolling through Mos Eisley and have a warrior attack me and my crafted wares..

Well, at least not without one of you fellows there to protect me..
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:18 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

If you have any problems, just let me know (gonna to be a bountyhunter) hehe
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:28 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

If you're an overt bounty hunter, don't you automatically eliminate half the bounties you can pursue? I mean, if you are a rebel, then the Empire isn't going to pay you to hunt down their enemies, right? Just curious...
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:30 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next