Trouble Shooting Question IX
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Ultima

Author Thread
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Trouble Shooting Question IX

I just got the UO 7th Edition, and I installed Ultima IX. I haven't gotten all that far but the game's sound is a screeching at certain points, for example, the Earth bathroom and the tower when you first get to Britannia. Can anyone think of what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks for the help if you can.
Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:09 am
Withstand the Fury
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: Trouble Shooting Question IX

quote:
Originally posted by Dunmer King
I just got the UO 7th Edition, and I installed Ultima IX. I haven't gotten all that far but the game's sound is a screeching at certain points, for example, the Earth bathroom and the tower when you first get to Britannia. Can anyone think of what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks for the help if you can.

More like what problem COULDN'T it be! Heh!

Okay. First thing...could be a sound-card incompatibility. Origin...oops, I mean Satan...er...EA (there we go) probably released the 1.18 patched version of the game. First thing to check is sound-card compatibility...there should be a text listing somewhere on the Internet. Or, alternatively, check with your sound-card manufacturer. Got the latest drivers?

Secondly...get the 1.19 patch. You'll be able to find it at Voyager Dragon's Reconstruction site.

Thirdly, check the Wayward Avatar in their tech support forum(s) for Ultima IX. You might have to do a forum search, but chances are someone else has had this problem and had it solved there.

Cheers,
Withstand the Fury Dragon
Project Lead,Worlds of Ultima: Lost Sosaria
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:14 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

It sure does have a LOT of bugs in it.

But, thanks for the help. I downloaded the patch and after a good ole' reboot of the computer, it works as good as new. Or as new as can be expected anyway.
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:40 am