strength help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Matt D
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

strength help

i desperatly need help in upping my strength easier...i need to kno where the belt of strenthgh is-the one that give u strength plus 10, and where is sagitta so i can get some more of the stew from the lady at the mercanary camp. one point of strength cost four lp now so i really need easier ways instead of searching through the forestry and attacking orc encampentds
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:45 pm
Gorns' Brother
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The witch is in the woods behind the mercenary camp in a cave along the cliffs.

Here's a few suggestions on getting stats higher... Go to the inn on the road to the mercenary camp (bring gold!), get a room at the inn if you have not already, visit the shrine near the inn and pray, pay the top donation, get a stat raised, go to the inn, sleep until next day, return to the shrine, pray... you will get a stat added every 24 hours of time that you pay & pray.
You can do this Many times until the stats run dry and it offers hit points instead, but by then you are much better off to handle the game's attackers.

This game requires you to earn cash, to buy spells, to kill attackers too strong to fight outright, but unless you want to find and kill 100's of weaker opponents, using spells to take out large enemies and earn EXP to advance is the quickest way.
Also, remember... try to kill as many of the creatures as possible Before moving to a new Chapter, the creatures and items are reset when Chapters change.... so get the EXP and spells while you can before they are gone/replaced.

You Will run from many fights before feeling like you can stand in there and have a chance.... but not to worry, one day soon Orcs will fall to your blade like the rats do now!
Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:24 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: strength help

quote:
Originally posted by Matt D
i desperatly need help in upping my strength easier...i need to kno where the belt of strenthgh is-the one that give u strength plus 10, and where is sagitta so i can get some more of the stew from the lady at the mercanary camp. one point of strength cost four lp now so i really need easier ways instead of searching through the forestry and attacking orc encampentds

How much strength did you learn already? Or in other words how many bonusses have you already used?
If you got your current amount of strength (something like 90, I guess) through learning only, then it is time to use your bonusses. Stone tablets, self-brewed potions, found potions, praying to Innos shrines, etc. This will get your strength to above 200, which is plenty to finish the game.
Post Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:30 am
Gorns' Brother
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The problem with waiting until your strength is 90 before using the altars to pray is that is costs 500 gold instead of 100 to advance. I guess if gold is no problem for you... but at 500 gold per stat, I decided to pay the 100 gp earlier. The other bonuses are best held until the cost is 15 lp to advance.
Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:58 am