Ring in Darkness
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ring in Darkness

Where the heck is this ring in darkness? It's supposed to be in a cave called "no-name" west of the Tel Aruhn tower, but I've cleared practically the whole area on my map to no avail. I've gone WAY out in the water and explored many of the islands. Is the entrance in the water or on an island? They also mention some area that I can't remember that starts with an S, like Summis. If I go far enough west, I end up in the grazelands. I've been "mowing the lawn" for hours. Where is this damned cave?
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:41 am
Rhys

Heh

Ring in Darkness begins a series of great quests from the temple; you'll love the weapon you get from the last one if you're a blunt weapons user...

The no-name cavern is a pain. But it's there. Here's what you do... look on your game map (the big paper one) for Tel Aruhn. About an inch west and a bit south is a daedric ruin, Yansirrimus or some such (incidentally, it is a shrine to Molag Bal; if you don't mind working for a rather nasty fellow, click on his statue in the shrine for a quest...).

Look at the northwest "point" of the island that holds Yansirrimus. Just to the northwest of that is a little lighter area sort of attached to the Grazelands (just west of Falensarano). Around that area is the no-name cavern, as I recall. It is on the mainland and just a little in from the shore. I think the area was slightly swampy. I don't remember the "zone name" exactly, though.

It took me quite a bit of looking as well, but the Boots of the Apostle are great if you're into light armor (I'm an unarmored type, so I left them in a room at Ebonheart) and there are a couple of great gloves to be gotten in that area as well. And as mentioned, the Skullcrusher quest that finishes the temple oracle quests is pretty excellent.

-->Rhys
Post Wed May 29, 2002 11:51 pm

Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks very much Rhys. Your directions were great. As it turns out, I was on an island just across from it. The directions they give you are more than a bit misleading. The fact that they specifically said west of the Tel Fyr tower made me think it had to be closer, otherwise they could have just said west of Tel Fyr, period (even though it was far north of it - small point).

Funny thing is, once I got in there, I spent another hour swimming around the water looking for the darned Ring of Wind, or whatever it's called. I finally gave up and reported back to the Temple Oracle Cult lady, and she congratulated me on finding it, and said that I "had wisely chosen to keep it to myself". I don't have it in my inventory, and it's not in my pad in Balmora, but I vaguely remember a ring with that name. Who knows. Anyway, I'm on to the next quest, the Boots of the Apostle. Since I'm into light armor, this should be good.

Thanks again.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 3:41 am
Rhys

Ring of the Wind...

...it was carried by a fellow wearing an odd Dwemer mask, as I recall. I wonder if she just said that because you never found it...? It was right before you reach the chamber with the big spire in the middle.

If you don't know where it is, it *may* be to your advantage to ensure you get it, particularly if you're an unarmored caster type. The Ring of the Wind is a constant-effect +20 AGI bonus, very handy in some cases.

You also may run across a fellow at the top of the spire wearing magic gloves, who you can release to get a couple of nice items as well (one of them, a wild-charm 1-50, I use constantly to butter up NPCs).

Boots of the Apostle are interesting, and another good quest. But I finally started using SkullCrusher today... ah, melee power. Unfortunately, a LOT of melee power (not quite unbalancing, but close).

Glad you found it, though, and good luck in future temple quests! They were fairly fun game-wise, although item-wise just middlin' good.

-->Rhys
Post Thu May 30, 2002 4:23 am