FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Introducing Age of Decadence
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
XP

And another thing: «can I stand for what I said»?
What do you mean, can I prove that you guys are idiots that spend your time insulting developers, reviewers, ...?
Do I need to prove it? Go check your own website...
Or even other forums, since people like Exitium (or should I say, Sol Invictus) made sure to post in Fallout boards, and even the Obsidian forums, about Troika's demise?
Your staff even has to change it's nick's to hide comments made (yep, Exitium made the comments about Troika, but he is no more; make way for Sol Invictus!!! ).
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:25 pm

VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
eh, typical Rpg Codex O.G. reaction brotha. Free to moan and blab about this or that game but when a comment they don't like is made or when someone express a different opinion, they start crusading other sites to enforce their holy word.

Different opinion? Don't you mean idiotic opinion? So far, I haven't seen anything that's even remotely resembles a fact.

"That site (along some other Fallout fan sites) has to be the most biased and narrow minded on the whole web. If it's not isometric and turn based .. it's just garbage."
"They like Diablo, and are drooling over Hellgate, and they think Fate was the bomb digiity. "
"RPGCodex has been one of the most vocal and idiotic "forces" on the RPG community for some time, and curiously enough for someone who complains that most RPG's are linear they only seem to like things like Diablo and Fate."
"Simple, you guys spend your time bitching and complaining about everyone (from developers, to reviewers; how many times you labeled reviewers from other websites as "retards" in your newsposts?) and every RPG in the market, besides hack & slash games like Diablo and Fate. "

You guys are too funny. Someone mentioned that we are ok with Diablo and Fate, and suddenly these are the only games that we like. RPG Codex - #1 Diablo fan site!!! Btw, can you idiots pick login names to make it easier to tell you apart or is that too much to ask?

quote:
It's only fair that when one of your members makes a game, I expect it to be everything other games in the market aren't. You wouldn't complain about other people's games, and then make the same mistakes, right?

By all means, complain, attack, and criticize my game, who's stopping you? I don't mind harsh criticism, I mind people who don't know what they are talking about.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:30 pm
XP

Fun exercise for today:
go to RPGCodex, use the search function to search through the news for the word "retard". Then enjoy their fabulous intelectual and inteligent comments.

You see, the people like me who've been posting comments not really nice to RPGCodex are all a bunch of idiots who shouldn't be allowed to speak on a forum (which by the way isn't theirs), and are the cause that the genre is currently in bad shape. We are the ones who use childish and ignorant remarks, they are the poor victims.

Ok, here's a reply to all 3 RPGCodex staff members who've been posting on this thread, but using the kind of language they can understand (RPGCodex style):

You are all retarded!
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:34 pm

quote:
Originally posted by XP
And another thing: «can I stand for what I said»?
What do you mean, can I prove that you guys are idiots that spend your time insulting developers, reviewers, ...?
Do I need to prove it? Go check your own website...
Or even other forums, since people like Exitium (or should I say, Sol Invictus) made sure to post in Fallout boards, and even the Obsidian forums, about Troika's demise?
Your staff even has to change it's nick's to hide comments made (yep, Exitium made the comments about Troika, but he is no more; make way for Sol Invictus!!! ).

To be fair to the Codex, it's better than the alternative. Watching farty little sycophants like Corwin sucking up to people like Cleve Blakemore is just embarrassing.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:37 pm

XP

quote:
Originally posted by VDweller
By all means, complain, attack, and criticize my game, who's stopping you? I don't mind harsh criticism, I mind people who don't know what they are talking about.

Let me guess, I don't know what I'm talking about because I haven't played your game, correct?
You're totally right.

So, why do you bitch about Oblivion? NWN 2? Dragon Age (or whatever it's called)? Fallout 3? You obviously don't know what you're talking about, since you haven't played any of them...
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:39 pm

At the Codex, they can be very critical of certain titles. Typically, though, they make pointed comments pertaining to information released by developers or based on the track record of a given developers. Moreover, there is no accepted "consensus" at the Codex. People are encouraged to share their opinions but often have to back them up. This is something you would fail miserably at judging by this thread.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:51 pm

Talador

Yeah we're funny and idiots alright, i could think the same of you in all respect. I understand you feel bad about your site and game being attacked, just like when you call "retarted" and "idiot" other people works, isn't it?
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:56 pm

Call people whatever you like you have a clue when you are doing it. This is something folks here seem to have a problem with.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:03 pm

XP

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
At the Codex, they can be very critical of certain titles. Typically, though, they make pointed comments pertaining to information released by developers or based on the track record of a given developers. Moreover, there is no accepted "consensus" at the Codex. People are encouraged to share their opinions but often have to back them up. This is something you would fail miserably at judging by this thread.

Again, what do you want me back up?
Is there any doubts that what I said is true?
I think a couple of searches on RPGCodex prove anything I said as true...
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:07 pm

VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by XP
Let me guess, I don't know what I'm talking about because I haven't played your game, correct?
You're totally right.

So, why do you bitch about Oblivion? NWN 2? Dragon Age (or whatever it's called)? Fallout 3? You obviously don't know what you're talking about, since you haven't played any of them...

*sighs* I can't believe that people can be that stupid. When I "bitch" about those games, I "bitch" about specific issues, gameplay mechanics, and comments that are known/discussed in previews/made by developers. See the difference?

quote:
Originally posted by Taladar
Yeah we're funny and idiots alright, i could think the same of you in all respect. I understand you feel bad about your site and game being attacked, just like when you call "retarted" and "idiot" other people works, isn't it?

I don't feel bad about the site or the game being attacked. I find the attacks amusing because they are idiotic. See the collection of quotes about the Codex above. Come on, people, I know you can do better, put some efforts into your attacks if you are trying to show me "wat that feelz liek!!111".
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:09 pm
Talador

I'm sorry? Did i get it right? So if i have a clue i'm allowed to call another reviewer or a game developer a retard?

I repeat, if i got it right that's the whole point.. So at the codex people have a clue thus making them free to insult at random, because they have a CLUE! Simply fantastic.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:09 pm

XP

quote:
Originally posted by VDweller

*sighs* I can't believe that people can be that stupid. When I "bitch" about those games, I "bitch" about specific issues, gameplay mechanics, and comments that are known/discussed in previews/made by developers. See the difference?

Not really. Have you actually tried any of those games to see if the "gameplay mechanics" work or not, and if their decisions actually work or not? For example, you "bitch" about Fallout 3. Yes, it's not turn-based. Have you actually tried it, to see if the game is fun/interesting to play? Is it impossible for a game in real-time to be any good? Does this make everyone related to the game, or anyone who's looking forward to it "retarded"?

It's funny. Tell me, you call a lot of reviewers and developers "retarded" on your website. Care to back it up?
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:18 pm

Actually, they have a clue so they dont make random comments. That is the difference between them and you. The newsies may make insulting comments and they may be crude but they deliver informed opinions. These anti-Codex people here have failed to deliver informed opinions. Instead, you have attacked an indie developer without knowing a damn about his philosphy of game design much less what he plans to do with his game. in other words, you people are retards.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:21 pm

VDweller
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Talador
I'm sorry? Did i get it right? So if i have a clue i'm allowed to call another reviewer or a game developer a retard?

I repeat, if i got it right that's the whole point.. So at the codex people have a clue thus making them free to insult at random, because they have a CLUE! Simply fantastic.

Huh? It's not about having a clue or being knowledgeable (although that doesn't hurt), it's not about personal dislikes, it's about commenting on something clearly stupid. I don't know about you but I'm sick and tired of bullshit and ignorance in the industry. I don't like reading reviews that don't review games, I don't like reading that KOTOR was turn-based, that MW was non-linear, that every new RPG in development is either revolutionary or evolutionary and always a blockbuster before it hits the shelves. It's hard not to comment on Warren Spector's "tyranny of choice in RPGs" speech, it's hard to ignore DW Bradley's hype about DL being the quantum leap of a game, etc.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:22 pm

quote:
Originally posted by XP

Not really. Have you actually tried any of those games to see if the "gameplay mechanics" work or not, and if their decisions actually work or not? For example, you "bitch" about Fallout 3. Yes, it's not turn-based. Have you actually tried it, to see if the game is fun/interesting to play? Is it impossible for a game in real-time to be any good? Does this make everyone related to the game, or anyone who's looking forward to it "retarded"?

It's funny. Tell me, you call a lot of reviewers and developers "retarded" on your website. Care to back it up?

They have played numerous other bethesda games and Pete Hines did make some rather telling comments on bethesda take of the FO franchise. While one can argue that this is a shaky basis to found criticism, I would point out that Bethesda boards were filled with similar concerns voiced by individuals not associated with the Codex crew or its boards. MOREOVER, they came up with very specific criticisms and reasons for their outrage something which all of you here have failed to do. Care to continue being a dumbass?
Post Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:25 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next