Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is there a place to safely store items??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread

Is there a place to safely store items??

Does anyone know of anyplace I can safely store items for the long haul?

I tried putting stuff in the chest in the bunk room of the fighters guild in balmorra. I died in a fight and had to reload to a point after that and I got an error message asking me if I wanted to continue loading the executable. I clicked yes and when I went back to the chest it was empty.....
Post Mon May 06, 2002 2:30 pm

Stompy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

anywhere in the wilderness

As far as I understand you can dump stuff anywhere you want outside of town & it will be perfectly safe. I strongly believe this to be true, but I don't actually like it. I wish it were possible that someone wandering by would see your stuff & decide they'd like some of it. But the game is forgiving in that respect. FWIW, I'm in a situation right now where someone is letting me store all my stuff in their house (It's all piled up on a table ) & sleep in their bed...
Post Mon May 06, 2002 2:37 pm

Re: anywhere in the wilderness

quote:
Originally posted by Stompy
As far as I understand you can dump stuff anywhere you want outside of town & it will be perfectly safe. I strongly believe this to be true, but I don't actually like it. I wish it were possible that someone wandering by would see your stuff & decide they'd like some of it. But the game is forgiving in that respect. FWIW, I'm in a situation right now where someone is letting me store all my stuff in their house (It's all piled up on a table ) & sleep in their bed...

You can store stuff at his house? It won't go away?
Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:02 pm

Stompy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yup. nope.

Of course, now you've got me thinking that I should get back there on the double to make sure my stuff is still there, but I'm almost certain it won't go away. Same with leaving stuff in the wilderness. Like I said, that bit is a little less "realistic" than I'd like, but that's the way it is.

Now, he told me not to take any of his stuff, and I haven't, but it's entirely possible that doing so would adversly affect the situation...
Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:07 pm
Xiron Darkheart
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I leave my extra junk at the Mage's Guild in Balmora. Found an empty spot on the bottom floor and just pile it there. Also store a bunch of stuff outside Balmora in a little tomb i cleared out.

Also, just have to say it , this game ROCKS!
Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:11 pm
Breakapart
Village Leader
Village Leader

lol... i also store all my stuff in that small area with the benches in the Balmora Mage Guild house. I have it all arranged neatly, and i check it every few days-(game time). For far it has been fine.

...Although the other mages have been a bit too nice lately!? Either they are stealing my stuff or i am finally gettting the respect i deserve.... lol...
Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:17 pm
Pesky Wabbit
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Stuff will stay pretty much wherever you leave it. The original poster probably lost his stuff because of the crash.

I was keeping stuff in different chests around town, but I decided I wanted my own house. You can take just about any building you want. I took a shop that has a lot of shelves, crates and chests in it. I had to kill the shopowner but now all my stuff is there. I am decorating the place to my liking and will post a screenshot when I am ready. It is nice to have a home.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 3:17 pm