Usergroups
Gothic II Die Nacht des Raben English Translation Mod 1.0
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

If you can't make sense out of a strange language use this: http://world.altavista.com/
NFG member
Post Mon May 24, 2004 8:24 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

indeed it is impossible to play the addon without gothic 2 but u probably can somehow run some landscapes trough somekind of spacer like that modkit that was released a few weeks back from the addon
Post Mon May 24, 2004 8:52 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Okay, I'm about 21 hours in now. In the early stages of Chapter 2 and just recently got into the add-on world.

You guys are gonna love this game. NO spoilers, but it has everything that we love about Gothic: real characters with interesting backstories and relations to each other, beautiful, well-crafted landscapes, hidden loot, exciting (though hard this time) combat....

Be warned, though. You *must* specialize in this game. Don't expect to play a "jack-of-all tradees" character and kick ass. Personally, I am going with a one-handed sword/Crossbow Paladin -- like I did my first time through G2.

I can't thank the translation team enough for allowing us English speakers a chance to play this game early. I truly hope that G2 is repackaged with this addon and sold domestically --this time with a greater marketing effort. Americans need to know about this game. PB is becoming the next Origin, IMHO. They *are* creating worlds.

Spoiler for Gorath and others who have played the AddON:
Spoiler:

Did you find the "Stunt Bonus" in the AddOn World?

Post Mon May 24, 2004 10:33 pm
GothicGothicness
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Aaaaaaa

Don't say they're turning into origin!!!, they created the best games, but they were aslo bought and destroyed by EA, maybe it's good that the gothic games are only popular in Germany otherwise EA will just buy PB and force them to make stupid sport games or MMORPGS.

We'll just make more fan translations and buy it from Germany ( we have to convince Piranha Bytes to sell the game themselves) :O when they'll sell more copies in Germany than there's people in Germany and their marketing analysis won't make any sense, they'll be really rich and publish the games in the rest of the world with their own money and........
Post Mon May 24, 2004 11:10 pm
Gorn's best mate
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

To Elkston: I wish I'd been able to see my face when that happened. Some even consider it an easter egg. Not sure about that, though.

I'm glad you enjoy it that much. I felt a lot of nostalgia when I met all those former friends/enemies again. I never played it without add-on, so I can't comment on the original games difficulty level. But anyone who found classic too easy will definitely find some meatier fights here. Look forward to the seekers, is all I'm gonna say.

One of my favourite monster from G1 is also back. The haunting
Spoiler:
screams of the harpies
just made me feel at home again.

NB Really don't read the spoilers. So many pleasant surprises to be had.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 12:48 am
Inept
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just wanted to post to thank everyone for the great translation. It's dang near perfect.

And wow, it is harder. At first it seemed easier, but now...

Spoiler:
Bartock in the first chapter
He dies every time to the wolves when you suggest to go hunting now...there's always about 3 left when he dies too I wonder if this was an oversight or if they really meant for it to make it incredibly hard to keep him alive
Post Tue May 25, 2004 2:18 am
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanks, thanks, thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaankssssssssssss ! Now, how to get this thing installed ? I just install english version of original game and then the german addon. And that file will translate and stick them together?
Post Tue May 25, 2004 5:50 am
guenthar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

for the videos from the addon you can use rad tools ( http://www.radgametools.com/ ) to convert the video and check with anime fansubbers on how to put subs in. A good place to start is www.animesuki.com to find out how to put subs in.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 7:12 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i'm afraid that won't work: first because that would mean we'll have to provide a much bigger package (as the movies are BIG) and second because Gothic II is/was supposed to havein game subtitles activated for the movies like it has for the dialogs.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 7:49 am
SG81
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I thought you had already made it so Xardas tells you what he was saying in the video after watching it.

On a side note: It's really remarkable that you're constantly updating the patch and are finely-tuning your work.

Don't take offense to this, but part of me thought you were going to release the patch and then be done with it. But, no, you are determined to sticking with your commitment and it's great to see.

Kudos to you and the team.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 9:33 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

well, that was just a workaround. It would be much better if we'll succeed to activate the actual subtitles during the movie. And also still didn't found out the second addon movie which needed subtitles yet.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 10:53 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally posted by Angelo
Thanks, thanks, thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaankssssssssssss ! Now, how to get this thing installed ? I just install english version of original game and then the german addon. And that file will translate and stick them together?

It isn't that simple, that is, installing the add-on. Translation patch is easy to install, but you already have to have the G2+add-on installed. How to do that, read through this forum here, and through this link: click here. How to get the german exe file? Again, read through this topic, perfectly legit and official way is described here Hint: extractin the exe file from the official patch.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 2:25 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

With this mode,are the voices also translated into english?I mean,do the people speak in english?
Post Tue May 25, 2004 3:25 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

No, the mod is for subtitles only. When it will be finished... MAYBE we will think about a voice pack... but as it still seeam the english addon will come.. maybe you'll better wait for that for full english voice acting.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 3:29 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Oh I forgot:what copies of Gothic 2 do I need to buy to apply this mode?
I need to buy the german Gold Edition?
Post Tue May 25, 2004 3:30 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next