Usergroups
You're G3 wishlist.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Bows/Crossbows hit on every shot if you train your skill in them.
You already have staffs, although no "mage staff" really.

The bandanas/hoods could come with the rest of the gear. A ranger kind of class with ranger type gear. Would look very cool, especially if we get the dex-based weapons from the add-on which make it possible to go completely dexterity based(in the add-on, if you haven't played it, you can get a few 1h dex-based weapons that are as good as, or better, than any strength based weapons, so going dex + 1h + bow is now a very good way to go, making a ranger/sniper game possible).

Last edited by Maylander on Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:05 am
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

oo thanks, i oughta try that now cause ive been going dex and strength cause when they would come up close i would have to use swords.
thanks for the info
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:20 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Anytime. Just did a Paladin game myself(almost done, classic style - strength, 2h weapon, mana, spells), and going for a ranger-type dexbased Dragon Hunter game after this one, with 1h + bow + lots of dexterity. Only problem is that a few enemies in the add-on are resistant to anything but blunt weapons, but I'll get by. Other than that it's great!

Also, in the add-on crossbow have become strength based. Which means that if you go strength, you can still use range - crossbows.

Let's be honest though - ranger types are a lot cooler with bows and 1h weapon. Swift short blades that go slash-slash and a bow they can use to snipe with. Oooo you gotta love that!
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:05 am
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ya in just about every game i play i go for the ranger path. their just so cool

also i have a question, does the add on do anything to affect the story. cause i dont wanna play Gothic 3 and not know whats going on
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:11 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The add-on expands on the Gothic 2 story, wraps up a few loose ends from Gothic 1 and gives you some background on certain characters. It doesn't change the way G2 ends, but it does a lot for the general feel of G2.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:52 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

It also adds Adanos' point of view in all of this, and the fact that our hero has a great meaning in Adanos' eyes as well. Our great hero is not only mentioned in prophecies regarding Innos..
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:36 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Can you tell us a little bit more about the story. When i played in in German, i understood nothing of the story. Subtitles have many many bugs and it just couldn't fit into my mind without voice and so on. So plz anyone ?
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:03 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Short version of the story of the add-on:

Some terrible earthquakes are shaking the whole island, and the water mages are trying to find out what it is. In their search they stumble upon some old ruins, and quickly figure out this must be connected with the earthquakes.

In time(and with the help our hero), they discover that Raven is behind earthquakes. He is trying to get a powerful artifact forged by Beliar himself - Beliars' Claw. Even worse, they discover that the last time someone tried to abuse the power of Beliars' Claw, Adanos wiped out the entire population of those wanting to use the sword. Saturas and the other water mages fear that may come to pass this time as well.

Luckily though, Vatras and Saturas also figure out that our hero is not only the Chosen of Innos, but also some mentioned in the old prophesies as "Keeper of the Balance", so they put all their faith in him, and he saves the day by killing Raven and claiming Beliars' Claw by himself.

Inbetween all this of course is the fact that you go to the pirates, help them out, get the pirate armor to sneak into the bandit camp, and so on and so on. If you want some more information regarding anything specific, just ask.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:09 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Nah thank you m8. The only thing i understood playing the game that Adanos is destroying the world and the hero's mission is to stop him
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:47 am
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

wo wo wo . hold up. Adonos is destroying the world? i thought Adonos was the only good one of the gods. Maybe i got lost somewhere.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:48 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Innos is the good, Adanos the neutral, and Beliar the evil.

Adanos destroyed a whole population once because they got too evil, and was controlled by an evil artifact. He would have done the same now, but our hero stopped Raven from pissing off Adanos.
Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:10 pm
TacoBell
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

id like a option somewhere in game where a guy makes u alittle tent and u have the options of putting a fire and kindsa junk outside of ur tent and inside
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:46 am
mudsling3
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I know sooner or later horses will appear in Gothic series. I am playing GUN by Neversoft...excellent animation, control, physics, representation of horses. Piranha should head over there and take a few bites/bytes
Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:55 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Acutally, it may better without horses.. Think about, horses in, more complications in.
Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:44 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I'm no playing Gothic 1 and there are some things I would really like to see. I must admit the story is great and I hope Gothic 3 will have an even better story. But some other small thingies would be great too:

- When you pull out your weapon and you're weak they say "Put away that weapon" etc, but when you're strong they bounce back and quickly say things like "no problem, there's no problem." In Gothic 2 they would even patronise you when you were running around as a dragon hunter with a large ore dragonslayer.

- End bosses, like the minecrawler queen. She doesn't pose too much of a threat but she's cool.

- more people from G2. I only now noticed how many characters were from G1 that were in G2. I knew Lares, Diego etc were there, but almost the complete New Camp is in Gothic 2.

- Large changes in the environment, like closing the old camp in G1, it really gives you the feeling the world is alive.

Things I don't want in G3:

- Those awful graphics

- Everytime you end a conversation, the npc starts to get mad because you're standing in your way.

More to come, because I've only just started chapter 4. I'm off playing now.
Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:14 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next