Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
is it possible to unite the T`Rang and Umpani (spoiler) ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Lannister
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

is it possible to unite the T`Rang and Umpani (spoiler) ?

Hello !

I have the following question:
I`ve aligned myself with the umpani, went to Martens Bluff and found the T`Rang. Now i just want to ask if it is possible to form an alliance between the two later in the game if i do align myself with both of these and do both their quests or do I have to choose one side, cause then i will take the "good" Umpani.

Thanks in advance,
L.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:31 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

yes u can
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:47 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

You should not complete ALL the quests you get from the Umpani and Trang if you plan to do the alliance. Blowing up either side's ship makes them rather irritable.

Also, in the beginning, you'll need to keep it quiet that you're working for both sides. Checking in with a certain big-mouth bartender might be a good idea.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:04 pm
Lannister
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks

Just the following question, Do you mean the bartender in Arnika ??

L.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:32 pm
otter
One of Us

yah.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:44 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Heli yeah.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:47 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Warning: There is a random factor in being able to unite them without a little frustration. Speaking to the bartender (He'Li) is a definite help. Without spoiling it (which we can't completely do because we don't know exactly how it works), there are at least 2 other people who may affect your chances of unification. The problem is, if either side gets wind that you're working for the other side, too, they turn hostile.

Spoiler:
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
approach the t'rang/umpani who is hostile with an object in hand they want (previously wanted is OK), and it skips the hostility check, and let's you get to the dialog to complete the quest.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:13 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've done all the Umpani and T'rang quest except the last ones from each side. No problems yet (paid off He'Li) now I just need to do the Rapax part, this is gonna be tough, I tried going there earlier, level 17 samuri's with powerful spells! argh!
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:30 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

It was the archers that caused me the most trouble. It just wasn't practical to climb up into each and every guard tower, and it can take quite a while to wipe out a 200hp Rapax archer using nothing but spells.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:37 pm
otter
One of Us

You can run right to the castle door instead of fighting everything.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:56 pm
_gator
High Emperor
High Emperor

I just got to the castle myself. These battles take a lot longer to fight, not hard, just long. Crush seems to work fairly well on the archers. Blizzard, Ego Whip, and Whipping Rocks work fairly well on groups. Most of the instant kill spells don't seem to work to well though. Are there any more damage spells that anyone would recommend to take out these Rapax faster?

Oh yeah almost forgot, a buffed up summoned elemental worked well too (without Elemental Shield they get Paralyzed, Webbed, etc. far too easily).
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:04 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by otter
You can run right to the castle door instead of fighting everything.
I thought he was talking about the other Rapax location, since he's working the alliance.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:11 pm
otter
One of Us

Oh, yah, well...i like to fight from up in one of the guard towers; you can Quicksand an unbelieveable # of them that way, just like in the Treehouse where the rope is in Trynton--no matter how high you are, you still get everything within ball range.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:58 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, rigt now i'm actually in the Rapax courtyard, I find fear bolts are effective weapons if your overwhelmed by sheer numbers, it's great seeing the fearless Rapax run like burning cats! As for spells, I had been finding psionic Blast quiet useful up untill bayjin/sea caves which I did just before I entered the rift.
My biggest problem tho is i have few long range spells, whereas the rapax warlocks have a flurry of them, i'm using a psionic and a priest for spells, so best I have is instant death and some mental magic, along with paralise, otherwise i rely heavily on weapons I even have by psionic usin the staff of doom, a stunning weapon, has insta-kill, paralyse and hex, all at a fairly high percentage, I can't remember exactly where I found it, I think it was from a dead rapax in the mountain wilderness, and sometimes Don Barlone drops it when you kill him.
Post Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:16 am
Sonicus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hey!..me Vs Rapax And The Spells To Use!

Well I have been in the rift and battle time wise it is nothing VS going underwater. I have gone to the sea caves and boy what a ristance the **** critters put up! Rapax are nothing vs me since i'm avg lv. 23. Toxic cloud (alc or pri if i'm nopt mistaken) freeze all and most any water spell works if high enough power and Armor melt too. Should you come against the rapax mages you'll want magic sheild, soul sheild, and element sheild. Oh where's marten exactly?
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:04 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next