Usergroups
install the addon on english version
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Perhaps he also waits to see if this announcement from Vossi is true? Another month until the end of April.... that would be a few weeks to hear a TBA.

It is alot of work; even if you know scripting! But Cothyso can do a more professional job than I. He can increase the text space limit for the words; my hex editing is limited to the original file size, and thus cannot be as excellent.

I do not know or have the tools to do scripting a file. What I do must fit in the original space area. I hope that makes sense.

Scripting allows you to make the file and text space longer; hex editing I am limited to the original German text, which generally is longer but does not always fit within it.

I have to make shorter to fit 10% probability. I tend for a shorter more compact meaning of the sentence (so people can read it in time as it is spoken), but I do not wish to see the rich artistic value of the spoken original German dialog to be lost.

English language is compact and quick; but its true meaning must be gleaned from the context of the whole dialog. I like the original German text in that it is more exact in its meaning, even though it is longer in length.

BTY You can see in the version 1.0 all my bad spelling errors! Sorry.

EDIT: I see my post has strayed from the original topic "Install the English Add-On" sorry, maybe it means to be placed elsewhere.
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:07 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I meant the G2 DNdR Script Patch and the G2 DNdR new balancing mod.

Another nice gimmick is another setup.exe with music for DNdR. The CD is so full that the music had to be striped.

Btw., is it possible to create a similar mod for Gothic 1? The subtitles could be taken from the official English version.
Itīs hard to buy Gothic because Xicat seems to be out of business.
Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:52 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Haha it seem that no one needs to know how to install the add-on anymore.
we probably have discussed all problems about installing it by now haha
So can't we change the subject
Post Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:29 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

how is the new translation-mod going??
Is it almost finished?? I can't wait much longer
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:23 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Status is unchanged.
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:52 pm
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

a shame!!!
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:59 pm
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I know this isn't the right forum to ask this but can anyone tell me in plain english(dutch would be verry nice ) how i can add a image to my signature??
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:04 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Not the right forum, right, plus you should avoid postinmg twice in a row (there's an edit button so you can just change your old post accordingly).

Now to your question. You can add a picture to your signature just like you would add a pic in the text body of your post - with the [img] tag. Go to your profile, choose your signature, enter the text box, type
[img]http://www.this_is_where_my_pic_is_stored_at.com[/img], where 'www.this_etc.' would be the url of the place you uploaded your pic to. So you need personal webspace to be able to store your pic on the net; most free providers don't allow hotlinking, but webspace is cheap nowadays.
BUT.
Yes, that's a big but.
If you want to use a picture in your signature, it may not be bigger than 3600 pixels in all, which is really small: either 60x60 pixels, or 10x36 pixels, or any other size which multiplies to become 3600 at best (and doesn't bust the forums layout).
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:55 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Does anyone have new news about the new translation mod??
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:49 am
KopiCAT
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ummm....I kinda have a big problem...When i try to install the game with my german night of the raven add-on cd the install starts but after a few seconds a message pops and it says please insert the original gothic 2 night of the raven cd=S

I HAVE the original cd=(

Anyone know how to fix the problem?
Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:52 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Dragonay
Does anyone have new news about the new translation mod??

It's not coming anywhere soon. I've completed all the files months ago, but they guy that agreed to pack them into a usable file doesn't respond to anything anymore. It's dead.
Post Tue May 10, 2005 10:58 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

A far as I know, an english voice of NotR is going to be released soon. Making the the translation redundant.

June 17, in French an English voice release. Then we can translate that into written English subtitles as a 'new' translation patch.

I know it has been over a year, but they keep promising.

I can do the modification if I knew how to make the files longer to accept the corrections. Only Cothyso had the skill to do that.

I am learning computer science and will like to finish that mod complete; but I am lacking.

You must know how to modify a file script from scratch, and I know he did ALOT of work to get the first one out.

Let us see what is produced in France release on June 17, with the original voice pack made 2 years ago. Then I can make a new custom files to fit the new spoken words.

Maybe Sem, can you send me your final corrections to me? That way I can see what I can do if all goes badly? If you can answer me in a PM , I will give you my real personal e-mail to send the text files to.

Your English is better than mine spoken. I'll hex edit in the files if there is no joy from the French NotR release.

My written prose is much better than this message board I speak upon. I have time to get it perfect English.
Post Tue May 10, 2005 11:51 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Kopy cat , first you have the original English version? The you try to install the German Add-on NotR?

Follow the intstruction carefully, it would seem it is looking for the German version EXE that must be replaced in order for it to install. Need more detail information. It will not work with illegal copies and patch cracks that exist.

Not that you are doing that; please give more detail, it makes no logic sense.

You have to love these translated computer lexicon sentences.

Post Tue May 10, 2005 12:06 pm
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

hey that's my birthday (june 17)
great i can't wait!!!!

Edit: KopiCAT, a few pages back in the topic i explained how to do so by cracking the cd. I had the same problem with my cd. And this worked
Post Tue May 10, 2005 1:23 pm
KopiCAT
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dragonary could you please explain it a bit more

Hehe...i'm a n00b in computer

Hehe...

Don't really understand all i think=P
Post Wed May 11, 2005 11:47 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next