Usergroups
Funny things in the gothic series
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I just entered chapter three where the seekers are all out looking for you. While I'm in mid-dialogue with Buster the mercenary, a seeker strolls by, right in between us without so much as a nod. I finished talking with Buster then ran a couple of miles to catch up with the Seeker, and spanked his black-robed butt for not even noticing me!!
Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:42 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Jabberwocky,

It's true what you say, if an attacker is encounterd within the bounding box area of pc-hero, then by default the dialogue will continue to the end, and any predators will stay within the area until the end of the dialogue then attack.

i once had a dozen orcs waiting to pounce and i was "dreading" the point where the speech ended, then sure enough, i was slaughtered.
Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:10 am
Spike86
Village Leader
Village Leader

As militia go to andre and give him 1(and only 1)blow.
Andre:"hey watch it!"
And then the guard in the nearest attak him!
'course he is immortal so the guards will be knocked out
Or go in the city and attak a citizen, the guards will help you(!)
And the best part:the two pals that are in front of the upper quarter that are immortal.Attak 1 of them....then run for a little...they will start attaking each other,and they are immortal!!!!they will continue for ever...unless 1 of them will cut the head of the other one....
Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:11 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

LOL yeah btw that kind of effect happens only then when the bug comes if u attack someone then that someone will be attacked by others sometimes its a nice bug but if u wanna play the game seriously then its a bad one
Post Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:45 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I've never had this bug. Usually if I try playing the bully then everyone attacks ME!

@Wulf: Yeah, even though it seems unrealistic, I'm glad they programed it that way. I've played some other games where an enemy attacks you whether you're mid-dialogue or not. Unfortunately even if you beat the enemy, you may not get that dialogue option again because the game thinks it's been exhausted. Therefore you have to reload to keep from missing something important - and hope that any hostiles stay away the next time!
Post Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:02 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Jabberwocky,

This is indeed an interesting point, some game writers "insist" that in a realistic world, a hero talking while being in the vicinity of hostiles is beyond the point of reason, but we all know that the Gothic series of games is predominantly "dialogue" driven, to have many critical storyline dialogues with multiple answers "cut-off" or "messed-up" by the interference of hostiles would be in all honesty, unworkable.
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:14 pm
superVDZ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I like how Raoul says 'What?' after you say you're going to punch him in the face.
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:21 pm
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Oh definitely. Raoul always makes me laugh too.

I always "create" that bug mentioned above. It's a guarenteed laugh getting Onar (immortal), the women, and the mercs out of the farmhouse, and into the center of the farm - then getting everyone into a fight. I laugh out loud every single time I hear that hysterical "OMG! A FIGHT!"

If you get Onar, Bennet, and Lee into a fight, they'll fight for days.

note: in order to get this bug to work, I think you have to be past chapter 3, and a member of the clan you're trying to work the bug on. I could be wrong. I always "use" Dar - I'll smack him twice, and have him chase me into town. Then I'll let him hit me, and everyone will go nuts.
Post Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:48 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5