Usergroups
what r u playing right NOW?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

ToEE or Temple of Elemental Evil, and loving it ... when I get time to play!
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:41 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Right now? In terms of RPG hybrids, Silent Storm.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:16 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Just finished Gothic 2. I'm about 3/4 of the way through Enclave. It's an OK game, but the combat isn't nearly as tight as Blade of Darkness, but it's definitely prettier. For $7.00 I bought the original Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast the other day. I played BG but not Tales years ago, so I'm going to play through that again. My wish list includes Tron 2.0, which I hear is excellent, although not a CRPG. I checked out the Sacred website and that is probably the one game that I'm most looking forward to. In any case, I'm playing Baldur's Gate
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:49 pm
~NOBODY~
The One And Only
The One And Only

ToEE!!!!
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:38 pm
Lord Chambers
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

1. Day of Defeat - A Half-Life Mod
2. Planescape: Torment
3. Dance With Intensity
4. Deus Ex

DoD is the only one I play daily. I haven't even really gotten into PST yet. And I still have yet to finish my second time through Gothic 2, beat UFO:Aftermath, start System Shock 2, or uninstall Temple of Elemental Evil. Deus Ex is kinda on hold because I can't get into it with such non-immersive levels and poopy gameplay. At least, with what I've seen so far, having only finished the first mission.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:06 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Gothic 2 all the way! It's friggin' awesome! I actually took a long break for Gothic 2 to play Call of Duty and Halo, but now I'm back playing the best RPG ever created!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:31 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Finishing off kotor, then I've been wanting to finish an old replay of Arcanum. After that, Geneforge 2...then we'll see what new stuff is around.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:50 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ive been very addicted to disciples 2 rise of the elves. But Ive pretty much run the course and done everything.

Its just very simple and addictive. It has great graphic art. It sort of grows on you. I can play it in a window while Im surfing the web.

There are no games out that I am interested in which is rare. I want to play that divinity game a lot.

I might try replaying kotor as evil but thats not usually my trip.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:31 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Deus Ex2, while Broken Sword 3 and Beyond Good & Evil are on hold due to disk space issues. I was also halfway through a second stint on PS:T, but I had to leave it due to work issues and now I've lost track of what I was doing. I will get back to it at some point, though - its just too good to abandon.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:03 pm
mkreku
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

This is weird.. I usually hate demos because they just leave me feeling unfulfilled and empty. But right now I'm playing Devil Whiskey Demo and Far Cry Demo. They're both excellent, but in very different ways. Other than that I have Albion, Diablo, Fallout 2 and Uru Ages Beyond Myst installed right now.
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:45 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Oh? I thought the thread was about RPGs only.

If it's about *all* games, well, then... apart from Silent Storm (see above) I'm playing CoD (single player only) right now, DoD, BF1942 and RO. And Ken's Labyrinth, and the whole Doomsday GL port (= jDoom) family of games, and SoulCalibur2.
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:43 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Having beaten the Call of Duty single-player (on Regular difficulty), I think it's a tad overrated. A couple of the British missions (especially Eder Dam) were Medal of Honor in a Quake-3 suit. Don't get me wrong, I like the game a lot, and it has some terrific missions (Pegasus bridge, Stalingrad, Dawnville), but it left me feeling something was lacking. The multiplayer is fun, but not revolutionary. The kill-cam is an excellent implementation though! Overall, I'd say Call of Duty isn't all it was cracked up to be, but it gets close. Call me stupid or ignorant, but I'd rather be playing PC Halo (or Gothic 2 ).

Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:15 pm
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

1. The original Baldur's Gate on PC, for the first time.
2. Blood Omen 2 on X-Box.
3. Age of Castles (a simple turn-based strategy PC game like a board game. Build a castle and advance through a variety of landscapes. Apparently, your castle is mobile because it moves through each landscape. A very simple yet very addictive game, IMO. Available on-line as a download. You can play free for one hour).
4. .Hack: Infection on PS2.
5. Fire Emblem on GBA.
6. Eternal Darkness on Gamecube (A Horror-Themed game that directly messes with the player's mind while playing the game).
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:17 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire
Having beaten the Call of Duty single-player (on Regular difficulty), I think it's a tad overrated. A couple of the British missions (especially Eder Dam) were Medal of Honor in a Quake-3 suit. Don't get me wrong, I like the game a lot, and it has some terrific missions (Pegasus bridge, Stalingrad, Dawnville), but it left me feeling something was lacking. The multiplayer is fun, but not revolutionary. The kill-cam is an excellent implementation though! Overall, I'd say Call of Duty isn't all it was cracked up to be, but it gets close. Call me stupid or ignorant, but I'd rather be playing PC Halo (or Gothic 2 ).

It sure looks good... it's just very arcade-y. Got it last week with a batch of hardware. I'd rather be playing, well... let's say, Söldner.
Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:23 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

@Jaz-So would I. But three things have to happen in order for that to take place.

One- My dad and I have to finish building our new computer so I will have one that meets the system requirements for Soldner.
Two-Soldner has to be released.
Three-I have to buy it (and install it).

Post Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:37 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 36, 37, 38  Next