Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by TomTom
quote:

On 2002-03-27 12:29, DeZeD_rules wrote:
Can you tell us something about the roles??? Like about Gorn and so on

Let me say it like this:
You'll meet some persons you seem to remember from somewhere or somewhen...or was it a dream?

TomTom

Hmm... I take this means we won't be starting the game at level thirty-five with charged Uriziel and improved ore armor
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:02 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
Yes. But Morrowind has done it, apparantly. Then again, their engine is keyed around doing so. I'm interesting in see how...

Evil islands has the best armor customizer I've played. ... and I say that only because I havent played one with a better armor and weapon building system yet.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 4:36 am
RahulKumar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Some more suggestions

TomTom, maybe it is too late for some of these suggestions for Gothic 2, but on the offchance that you consider some of these:

- Better spell variety and balance. That is, unlike Gothic 1, where most everyone only used Firestorm and Wave of Ice, there should be tradeoffs between various spell types, in terms of damage, casting speed, area of effect, monster resistances, chance of successful cast etc. A lot more spells should be viable for general use, and the player could choose their style of play. This applies to Paladin, dragon hunter abilities as well. Also, maybe consider improving spells based on char's proficiency with magic

- Better mapping mechanism and customizable teleport points (ala Mark and Recall in Morrowind). Instead of carrying multiple maps in the inventory there should be one world map that is revealed more and more as you explore it or are told about parts of it. Should be available constantly as an overlap window if the player so desires and zoomable/scrollable

- Improved Keyboard hotkeys. For spells, weapons, food, potions, and the like. Shortcuts for individual inventory pages etc.

-More non-linearity and puzzle variety in the quests Unlike Gothic 1, where the non-linearity ended after Chapter 1, there should be multiple paths, optional quests, character type specific quests, multiple solutions to the quests (the fighter solution vs. the mage solution vs. a more puzzle solution). Also a great storyline and well written, well dramatized main plot.

-QuickSave/QuickLoad feature. Ideally with 3 alternating slots. Also more savegame slots.

-Some randomization of NPC daily routines. So that they don't do the same things over and over again each day. Maybe even different routines dependent on player character's actions or game situation.

-Greater depth of personality for NPCs. That is, not everyone you met should be of the serious, fighter type mentality, and as soon as you attack them / enter their hut; they pull out their weapon. NPCs should display a range of emotions, ranging from humor, sarcasm, evilness, nobility, greed, meekness, conspiratorial etc. Maybe even change their response somewhat based on how the player treats them over time (ie they have some memory of past actions of the player towards them). They also show some more intelligent group behaviors and interactions - helping each other (or the player if they are favorably disposed towards you) in fights; if one starts playing a musical instrument, the others stop to listen; they cheer in arena fights.

I know this is demanding a lot from Gothic 2, but I really feel, just like Gothic 1, this upcoming game has great potential to break new ground in computer games, esp. RPGs.

Thanks for listening!
Post Sat May 25, 2002 10:34 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Some of your points were briefly mentioned in the 'First Look' on gamesweb.com. Looks like ~50% of your suggestions have been integrated into the game.
Maybe weŽll find the time to translate the more important parts for a newsbit.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 10:46 am
RahulKumar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Posted too soon :)

Yep, I literally found that link 2 minutes after I posted my long winded wishlist I was able to use Altavista's babelfish to translate into semi-readable English.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 10:58 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:
Originally posted by Baalcipher

Evil islands has the best armor customizer I've played. ... and I say that only because I havent played one with a better armor and weapon building system yet.

You are so absolutely right! There isn't a single rpg game that I've played where I don't start to compare the armor and weapon systems to Evil Islands. That system was completely unique (at least within my realm of experience). Plus, like Gothic, E.I. was just plain fun!
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Sun May 26, 2002 11:48 am
BuddyToolooze

Also, TomTom, will there be shields in Gothic 2? Please let it be so!
Post Wed May 29, 2002 3:48 am

LaBaN
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by BuddyToolooze
Also, TomTom, will there be shields in Gothic 2? Please let it be so!

There will be lots of shields
Post Wed May 29, 2002 8:50 am
SpanGi
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by LaBaN
There will be lots of shields
You sure of that?

Gods, hear my prayers, let me be able to slash a person dizzy with my shield then!

Paladin from Diablo2's Smite-skill, anyone?...
Post Thu May 30, 2002 10:18 pm
LaBaN
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Ok, maybe not lots of them.. but it will be a lot compared to what gothic 1 could offer in the aspect of special fightingeqiupment .. hopez
Post Fri May 31, 2002 3:55 pm
Kado
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

1st post!

First off...Gothic 1 is the best Action/RPG game I've ever played.

Now to the question(s)...

1)We all know G1 was nearly free of a loading screen except for those rare dungeon crawls. I was wondering, since G2 is three times bigger will there either be
a) One huge world load, which I wouldn't mind at all if it meant no loads in-game.

or

b) Streaming world?

2)If you can pull some strings to get better voice actors for G2 then please do try. I liked what they had to say, but it wasn't always nice when they said it. (Espically the main character...after a while it was annoying.)

3)Dragons ( ), not a big question, but...will they actually be HUGE? Or just kind of bigger than the G1 Trolls?

4)Last one I promise. Will the system requirements be anywhere near what they were for G1? I know what the site says but I was wondering if maybe you could get us a little more info on that area.

Annoying aint I?
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:50 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11