Special item creation bugged?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - Spoilers

Author Thread
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Special item creation bugged?

I finally found the smith that can make fancy items. So talk to him and he gives me his book. First thing I went to create was the white bone armor. It worked fine. Next thing I go to create the Holy Scales (or whatever its name) and he tells me I got wrong items in the forge. So I read the book again, take the items out, put them back in, try different items, quit game and reload, leave room and come back, try different armors... nothing. He just won't recognize my special holy water and armor as a legal combo.

What gives? Any other bugs like that?

P.S. I got my special holy water off of the yuan-ti and the magic armor (breast plate +1) I bought from the merchant upstairs.
Post Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:26 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if he's just very specific about what he wants. There has been a lot of discussion about this on the Bioware NWN forums. He didn't ever give me a book, but I have him look through my pack. This way I've only had success with him.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:57 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I just had something similar happen in Charwood (castle Jhared(sp?)). After getting all 3 confessions, the guardian would only recognize me as having one. After it took that one, I was stuck and it wouldn't take the others. The only dialog option I had was to say No (as in I don't have the others) or What am I supposed to do. Finally, I had to drop the first one on the ground, hand in the second one, then pick up the first one, hand it in, talk about it and then it would let me hand in the third one.

Seems to me there is some bug in the inventory that prevents NPCs from properly finding key items.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:05 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Re: Special item creation bugged?

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon
I finally found the smith that can make fancy items. So talk to him and he gives me his book. First thing I went to create was the white bone armor. It worked fine. Next thing I go to create the Holy Scales (or whatever its name) and he tells me I got wrong items in the forge. So I read the book again, take the items out, put them back in, try different items, quit game and reload, leave room and come back, try different armors... nothing. He just won't recognize my special holy water and armor as a legal combo.

What gives? Any other bugs like that?

P.S. I got my special holy water off of the yuan-ti and the magic armor (breast plate +1) I bought from the merchant upstairs.

Are you sure the armor got the correct AC, as it is stated in the item creation book?
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 12:49 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Special item creation bugged?

quote:
Originally posted by Michael C
Are you sure the armor got the correct AC, as it is stated in the item creation book?

Well, the book says it has to be AC5 armor and the breast plate I had said AC5. It was enchanted +1, but the leather armor of AC3 I used for white bone armor was also +1 so that shouldn't affect the requirements. In the same way how I created white bone armor, I attempted to create the holy chain.

But to test your theory of something being wrong, I had a AC6 and AC4(I think) items in my inventory as well (come to think of it, that may have been a problem).
Post Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:13 pm