View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
aldrahn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I Killed Lee!!!

Help me!
I've KILLED Lee (don't ask why, I was in a stupid rage..), and I'm in chapter 4, after the raid of the old camp guards at the free mine (new camp's mine) and I'm STUCK! I've been banished from my Old Camp buddies, I'm now unguilded and Saturas has told me to go talk to Lee to be accepted to the Mercs. WHAT CAN I DO???

P.S. I've also killed Shrike (the stupid one with the hut) and Riordian. My problem with them is that the "Shrike's hut" and "search of the focus stones" missions are shown current in logbook and not completed..

Is there ANY possible way I can get away with those and NOT have to play the game again from the point my stupidity emerged?

PLEASE! BIG HELP!

Thank you in advance..
Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:59 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

You could try inserting them, although it's not garanteed to work. Otherwise, I'm sorry but your going to have to load the old save game.
Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:40 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Re: I Killed Lee!!!

hy aldrahn! You can only do one thing. If you kill influental people, like Jackal, Gomez, Riodian, Saturas or i don't know, who have main act in the story you will stuck. (My brother killed Jackal and Jackal is guarding the free mine when the old mine collapses. So there wasn't Jackal so he Sutcked before the mine collapsed. (in chapter 3)) There is only one thing you can do.
You have to insert them.
Riodian:KDW_605_Riodian
Lee:SLD_700_Lee
and Shrike:ORG_842_Shrike

If I write sth. wrong I'm sorry. And if there will be another accident like this, you can have a look at the cheat guide.
But you know you have to activate the marvin mode to insert these NPC-s.
To activate: press b and type marvin, then press b again and on the top of the screen(on the left side) you will see: marvin mode, then you can type these things by pressing the f2 key(if you typed it of course you have to press enter)
I hope i helped you
Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:51 pm
aldrahn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well... thanks for the effort anyway, but either I'm doing sth wrong, or you have to try to explain it to me more detailed..

First of all, it doesn't recognise either of the KWD, SLD, ORG commands..

Another thing is I can't type "_" in the console..

I also looked at the cheat guide, but there is no "inserting" of characters. Only creatures and items..

PLEASE!!! Help anyone???

(I also tried "insert lee" and other combinations of names etc. but it autotyped lee's axe, and stuff like that..)
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Oh. Well let's see.
1. There is insert codes: NPC insert codes there will you find them.
2. Before you type the KDW, SLD or ORG type INSERT before it.
3. And the _ key is only not in that place. So you have to try it. I have hungarian keyboard. So you will find out the rest yourself.
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:41 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I have the correct keyboard for this game and the _ is left from rightshift

[Z][X][C](V][B][N][M][;][:][_][SHIFT]
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:01 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

O.k aldrahn, welcome to the forums.

1. To insert something, you first have to type insert followed by the relevent code, so for Lee you would type
insert SLD_700_Lee
2. If you find later in the game that Lee was in fact alive (auto-respawned) then you will have *two* Lee's and you will have to kill one of them, same for any other story critical npc. It's generally best to insert npc's close to their relevent spawn points.
3. Shrike is only required if you need to complete the Shrikes hut quest and is non-story critical.
4. It is important to exit from marvin mode by typing b42b then you will see "what was the question" - but to be really sure no triggers have been missed or added (very easily done!) it's best to check that the character inserted is indeed back at their spawn points, only then save and exit gothic then restart, this certifies marvin related code is "dead" - - if you save with a wrong loaded trigger the game will be messed-up.
6. Do all of this in a new saved game, then if it's faulty you can reload and try again.

Good luck
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:23 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

If you want to write "_" in Gothic, then hold down a Shift key and press the key left of the Right Shift key.
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:30 pm
aldrahn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm truly grateful to ALL who answered!

My problems are now lost and I can continue this awesome experience Gothic has been so far, thanks to this community! Guys (and girls..) thank you A LOT!

One last thing, though..

Can somebody tell me where can I find the list with the NPC's codes (like the above KDW_605_Riordian etc.) ?
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:53 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Have a look at your private posts, i send you, and it is correctly written
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:40 pm