Asheron's Call 2 Review at GI
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Asheron's Call 2 Review at GI

A <a href="http://www.gameindustry.com/reviews/030303ac2fk.asp" target="_blank">review of Asheron's Call 2</a> at Game Industry rates the game with 5 gems and comes to this conclusion: <br><blockquote><em>I could go on and on as this game has plenty of features and plenty of content that you just have to experience first hand. This game is well deserving of the 5 GiN gems rating as it is excellent! It is the only game since April 1999 that has gotten me to change my EverQuest subscription from six months to monthly. This game is indeed for anyone no matter how much experience you have in playing online roleplaying games or any other type of roleplaying game.</em></blockquote>
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:35 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

This guy is so full of it. I would give AC2 a single star for ok graphics. What is with you people? You are ignoring everyone else? Some reviewers shouldnt be reviewing anything. Okey, they might be able to write a review about pumpkin carving, that should be their life's work, not reviewing computer games. GET A CLUE !!! DONT REVIEW POO !!!
Post Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:25 pm
Redlight

Yep he is full of it

Well lets see I beta tested this game in beta 1 (was an AC1 subber) and played retail for about 2 months and still the game was lacking content. The graphics are pretty nice but the depth and customization isn't even close to any other MMORPG. It's quite boring and the lack of npc's (although there are a few) really kills the game.

If you want real answers go the the AC2 vault boards and go to AC2HQ.com and see how many people are logged on at prime time. At the most 6000 are logged in on at prime time. Thats horrible for 10 North American servers. The game can't manage a 1k pop on any server.

Even though the graphics are terrible I'd recommend AC1 before AC2.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:28 am