Usergroups
Gothic vs. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
red_dog_1515
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Graphically and technically, MOH:AA makes Gothic look like PONG. Just admit it.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:24 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

I belive the graphics in Gothic are better. Granted in AAMoH the colors are more vibrant, and it is far prettier, but it seems to pretty to me. The graphics in MoH and Wolfenstein are so vibrant that they look like they are a well drawn cartoon. In real life things aren't so pretty, Gothic's graphics seem more lifelike to me.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:41 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

red_dog_1515
------------
Who cares? MoH is just another FPS !?

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:07 pm
Silenthunter23
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

On the contrary I think Gothic graphic is prettier,I especially like when the sun dazzles above my character such that it gives a nice reflection towards the surrounding.

Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:11 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

you can not compary the 2 games, the are just to different.
You can never compare a rpg/ adventure with a shooter

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:22 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Comparing MoH to Gothic would be just like comparing ReVolt to C&C: there are harversters in both games, but that's about it. So I'll compare MoH to RtCW now.

Visually, MoH is a real stinker compared to RtCW. The MoH ones are the ugliest models of Wehrmacht soldiers I've ever seen, even the DoD models are beauts compared to MoH's. Storywise... well, MoH might be fun if you're into those 'realism' games, so RtCW is the winner here, too.

All in all, it's quite entertaining, but the ugly (in the sense of historically incorrect) models and skins are a clear turn-off.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:36 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok yaz, now i really had to answer this ...cause that is mayor bullshit...first of all...indeed you can't compare gothic with mohaa..that's crazy..Yaz, The models in MOhaa are fantastic...don't talk crap please..look at the clothes..look at the insanely detailed faces...they even react to things ..soldiers look scared or mad sometimes...mouth syncs perfectly when they talk..in 'RTCW faces are just plain textures..they don't move at all...the models are actually amazing in mOhaa and not in rtcw...jeez...
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 2:31 pm
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

how the hell can you compare to games like that? they are completely differant, medal of honor engine (tweaked q3 engine) isnt all that resourcfull, takes ages to load a small sized map, the textures aint as good as gothic, but there are some things about the graphics that look alot better.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 2:50 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

bigkabuto... I find the MoH models ugly. Period. As a Dragon Models WWII collector, I don't like the way those guys are dressed at all, they look all wrong. The RtCW guys are a lot better in this regard.
Btw, the RtCW guys open and close their eyes and mouths, too. The only think I miss in RtCW are NPC damage textures (apart from the final levels, but textures are fixed there)... but then again, MoH doesn't have blood or damage textures at all.

Overall, it's a matter of what you prefer, and I personally prefer male beauty* over reenacting 'Saving Private Ryan' w/o the gore that made the movie good .

[ This Message was edited by: Jaz on 2002-02-02 11:20 ]
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 4:59 pm
Swampwater Bong
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Guys...and gals, for Muds sake would you just please ignore Red Zit or whatever his name is..as long as you reply to his posts, he is never going away(look at his post about bad programming etc etc)
He just does it to see what kind of reaction he will get.....he is one of those attention needy jerks who never got laid and was...aww who cares.
There is one on every forum....so if you just ignore him he will get tired and vanish back down to whatever hole he crawled out of.
I mean you heard him...he doesn't even have the game and he is trolling it....
I realize a forum is a place to debate things...but he is not debating anything, he is just trying to egg people on.
And some of you are falling for it...no offense intended.
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 1:13 am
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 1:28 am
Lord Rhoak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

LMAO!

Lord Rhoak

Open gates to darker lands
we spread our wings and fly away."
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 9:34 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

On 2002-02-02 19:13, Swampwater Bong wrote:
Guys...and gals, for Muds sake would you just please ignore Red Zit or whatever his name is..as long as you reply to his posts, he is never going away(look at his post about bad programming etc etc)
He just does it to see what kind of reaction he will get.....he is one of those attention needy jerks who never got laid and was...aww who cares.
There is one on every forum....so if you just ignore him he will get tired and vanish back down to whatever hole he crawled out of.
I mean you heard him...he doesn't even have the game and he is trolling it....
I realize a forum is a place to debate things...but he is not debating anything, he is just trying to egg people on.
And some of you are falling for it...no offense intended.

yeah, i agree...first he makes complaints about the bad performance on his system...then he makes new topics where he disses the game Gothic and then a complete new topic to compare MOH:AA with Gothic, a crazy bitchass that red hound.
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 11:07 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yea i thought so.. after looking up his previous topics i realized how pointless and stupid they were.
idiot.
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 11:38 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-02-02 05:24, red_dog_1515 wrote:
Graphically and technically, MOH:AA makes Gothic look like PONG. Just admit it.

Do you really think that it is possible to compare this two games? Or maybe it is possible, but is it good for something?
Now I play Wizardy 8, can I compare graphics of this game with any FPS?

I just think that graphics of Gothic is nice and perfectly suitable for this game. Graphics of Wizardy 8 is perfect and nice and suitable for this game. Graphic of Medal of Honor, RtCW... is nice.
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:21 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next