Usergroups
New Supplies?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Hi all, just wondering if there's a way to get a new set of supplies in the demo??

I've bought all of Fisk's lockpicks and beaten up Mordrag and taken all of his stuff..bought all the arrows I could find..

But, I shot all my arrows, killing diggers and Shadows and stuff, and I broke all my damn lockpicks! I didn't even get into the castle, and broke like 30 lockpicks just in digger's and shadow's huts. Now Fisk is out of arrows and lockpicks, and I don't know where to go to find more..

Don't the merchants in Gothic "reload" their inventories??

Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 2:55 am
Zonk
City Guard
City Guard

No they eload only if the chapter change and it does't change inthe demo.
Did u find out what u can do at the smith-place( hope thwe word is right).
Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 5:44 am
PraetorJudis
Village Leader
Village Leader

Do you mean forging our own weapons? I should go try that now...
Post Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:23 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I dunno, I killed the blacksmith and took all of his steel and glowing blades and stuff..is there any way to make a sword that doesn't turn out as a "Rusty Sword" with AV20??

Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 2:03 am
Zonk
City Guard
City Guard

No u can only make one kind of swords.
But that is something to change in a Mod.
Why do u kill all the brave people?
Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 8:20 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Because, Zonk..in the demo, there's only so much you can do..I've killed every single monster, picked every single lock, bought the armor I can buy..

Now it's time to clean the camp out of those diggers.. hehe..and kill everyone I can~!

I will continue this maniacal bloodshed until Gothic comes to the states! Do you hear me, everyone? A digger will DIE every hour on the hour until I see a full English version!! lol...

You guys think my threats intimidate anyone?

Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 2:12 pm
Meinhardt
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Skip in the castle (over by the blacksmith) has 200 arrows and the same number of bolts. He also has 20 or so lockpicks. He will sell to you by telling him the right responses. (trying to keep the spoilers to a minimum)

Like you I broke all my lock picks outside the castle on my first game. On my second game, I applied all my experience for the first 3 levels to lockpicking. With the second level of lockpicking skill you only have a 10% chance of breaking your lockpick. And you'll need it for the chests in the tower, most have 8 to 10 combination locks. However some of the best stuff in the demo is there. Also don't miss the chest over by the black smith. Who says crime doesn’t pay?

BTW, I love the threat, hope they deal with terroist. LOL :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Meinhardt on 2001-09-08 15:26 ]
Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 8:23 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Yea, I finally picked all of the locks in the castle. I was running around, bored, when I read about how to "cheat" and possess NPC's. So, I ran into Gomez's house and posessed the big guy. Man, he's got a badass sword! Also, he's invincible...lol. I don't know if that's just in the demo, or also in full version, but you can have 10 guys beating you up, as gomez, and never take any damage.

Same goes for Diego, Thorus, and I the blacksmith assistant in the castle...can't remember his name though.

I, too, applied my first 3 levels worth of skill points to lockpicking. Made it much easier to get into all of the goodies in the castle.

Did you know that if you're gomez, you can open any chest in his house without picking the lock? Saved a lot of time!

Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:09 pm
Tybal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do you take control of the NPC's?
Post Sat Sep 08, 2001 11:38 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

@Tybal

http://forum.gomp.net/showthread.php?s=9eda7e5e9bdecc7b679d9a4f85aa4bb3&threadid=3488

Many other cheats can be found on the site (German). If you use asdw-controls it´s similar to the above post. Only use Esc to confirm and watch the upper left corner.

Post Sun Sep 09, 2001 12:19 am

Yeah most cheats work for the demo, including 'goto waypoint', opening up many of the 'prohibited' areas. The areas are not populated, but there are many chests and goodies. And it's good sightseeing
Post Sun Sep 09, 2001 1:17 pm

iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Goto Waypoint? How do you tie that in? How do you know which waypoint you want to input? I would love to be able to go past those little signs..but can't get goto waypoint to work!

Post Sun Sep 09, 2001 2:28 pm

You can find a nice list of wp's at http://www.worldofgothic.de/gothic/index.php?go=waypoint

Open console (F2), enter gw (will expand to 'goto waypoint') and type the waypoint name. Some wp's will work, others won't. You may have to press shift-? to get the underscore used in most wp names.

Have fun
Post Sun Sep 09, 2001 3:19 pm

BTW, posessing characters is a nice way to get goodies (like gomez' key, armor, etc.): Take over the other character, drop his stuff on the ground, get back to your own body, and simply pick up the goodies. It's officially yours now.
Post Sun Sep 09, 2001 3:32 pm

Zonk
City Guard
City Guard

Yes the first Demo was from an early Gothic build. It has no mouse support and runs a bit slow.
Maybe i should installed it again to check if the minecrawlerqueen is at her place.
Post Mon Sep 10, 2001 3:45 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next